Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feile Classical camping

Options
  • 12-09-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hello, anyone else going to Feile Classical?

I checked out the official camping options and wasn't impressed.
    The reasons being, although we are riding high on the Celtic tiger again, I don't want to spend hundreds on camping for a night (based on 2 of us going). Although the camping is for two nights I only have a ticket for one night.
    So, just wondering if anyone else knows of an unofficial campsite within walking distance of the main event?

Maybe I'm asking too much, I don't fancy a few hours on a bus after it, or spending the price of a European weekend away to rent a tent for the night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Navilluso

I’m in the same boat - I have all the camping gear, a family tent we spent a fortune on (and used for past few summers). I can’t honestly hand over €80 a head for a pre pitched tent for four of us - is there anyone with a field looking for a few bob? We’re only coming for one night and all seasoned campers who’d happily go ‘no frills’ for a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

I just double checked it. It's 290 for two people in a 2 person unfurnished tent for one night. :eek:
    I honestly think it's just taking the biscuit.
    Since there is still availability I can only assume they didn’t sell out.

We'd also be happy with a field to pitch up in, or even an ingenious B&B owners back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Face Man

Did you get any luck finding alternative campsites? I have no interest in their Glamping offers given that I have a perfectly useable tent. I was thinking of trying to find a field near the racecourse or not to far away that could be used. I don;t know Thurles that well, so not sure how sensible an idea that would be. But i am sure there are plently of people trying to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭selfbuildache

In the same boat here. Have a campervan these days :). My partner, who's a big GAA head (been to lots of matches) assures me there'll be a plethora of local farmers renting out their fields... We're going on spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Navilluso wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat.
    In the same boat here.

Well that's your first mistake lads, bringing boats to Thurles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No pitch standing what a fecking joke, you need to watch the gig with binoculars. :)

Dno31m-XoAEtvlB.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

No pitch standing what a fecking joke, you need to watch the gig with binoculars. :)

Dno31m-XoAEtvlB.jpg

Pathetic!! Really glad I decided to give this a miss. I have the memories of the original ‘93 and ‘94 Feiles to cherish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lol!!
    Would be better watching that on TV at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Sure you could see that from Ticketmaster when buying tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Eventually the crowd jumped the barriers (/ stepped onto the pitch) as the Gardai laughed apparently...

IMG_20180922_130228.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 The Face Man

Yeah, it was a great night to be fair. Although they should have had 3 times the number of food stalls and beer tents than they had, the bands were great and the crowd really got into it after the pitch invasion.

Advertisement