Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lebanon explosion first conspiracy video appears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not a clue what’s going on there. Want to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Do you mean the bird flying off the power line on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭brevity

Nobody suspects the butterfly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Do you mean the bird flying off the power line on the left?

If we looking at the same thing yes, it could be a bird. I not sure it flying off the power line though?

I see a black something heading towards the port area from the left side. Others presume it to be a missile strike. Information on it not great, just something appears in the sky and heads towards the port area.

Screenshot picture, not great. Just track the thing coming in from the left side. I put a box around the object for others to notice where it is on video. It moving fast when you play it.

522107.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Case closed: Bird is a bird(s). Organic dynamic shape(s) on non-linear, irregular path, likely not fond of noise and significant air turbulance.

rXXPNtw.png

The only real mystery is what was being stored in a (below ground) storage facility, way behind the big white building.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Just a bird I think?

I do reckon there will be plenty of theories on what started the original fire, but I don't think a missile attack will be one of them. I also don't believe they will be really conspiracy theories in the usual sense, there was plenty of rhetoric threatening Hezbollah and also Lebannon with violence coming out of Israel the last weeks, then also a court decision on Hizbollah's involvement with the murder of a PM due this week, not to mention ongoing anti-government protests due to the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Confirmed as 2,750 tonnes of nitrate that was kept in 'unchecked storage'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Are the birds in on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Is the bird Jewish?

• Advertisement

Confirmed as 2,750 tonnes of nitrate that was kept in 'unchecked storage'.

Unconfirmed officially, but some people seem to think this photograph matches the warehouse front door and windows. ****ing nuts they would stack bags of this stuff in there like that, an incident waiting to happen if this photo legit?

522126.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Are the birds in on it?

Hitchcock did his best to warn us ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How are the media gonna blame Trump though?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CNN will and are well able to sensor what's needed....

Trump thinks it was an attack, he'll blame the generals for lying to him soon.

He should be more careful in light of the political and security situation in the middle east. Evidence right now points to a chemical/explosion having occurred here and not a bomb or missile.

https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng/status/1290795701971095555

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anything Trump has to say about this should be safely ignored.

I see many of the conspiracy experts on social media claiming this is a nuclear explosion. Despite the fact the orange cloud of gas clearly points to nitrates. But I suppose never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anything Trump has to say about anything should be safely ignored.

I see many of the conspiracy experts on social media claiming this is a nuclear explosion. Despite the fact the orange cloud of gas clearly points to nitrates. But I suppose never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy rant.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anything Trump has to say about this should be safely ignored.

Once conspiracy nuts have their nonsense story, they won't believe anything else.

Doesn't matter how much evidence is given to them, their belief is always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,458 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Are the birds in on it?

Birds aren't real! They are Government surveillance tools!

https://birdsarentreal.com/

The NWO have clearly weaponised their creation!!!

Wake up sheeple!

:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Case closed: Bird is a bird(s). Organic dynamic shape(s) on non-linear, irregular path, likely not fond of noise and significant air turbulance.

rXXPNtw.png

The only real mystery is what was being stored in a (below ground) storage facility, way behind the big white building.

Who has said it was a "below ground storage facility"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

NIMAN wrote: »
    Once conspiracy nuts have their nonsense story, they won't believe anything else.

Doesn't matter how much evidence is given to them, their belief is always right.
    Well most aren't actually going to outright state their belief or their theory.
    There'll just be a lot of pointing at details armchair detectives believe blow the whole thing.
    And a lot of people are suddenly going to become expert chemists in the topic of fertilizer and nitrates.

There will be vague insinuations that their particular "They" are involved, but no coherent solid theory.
    And then it will all be forgotten in a month cause it's not in America. The process will repeat for the next tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Now Lebanon faces food crisis after Beirut silo destroyed in Tuesday's blast:
    The silos serve as a strategic storage for Lebanon, with about 85% of the country's cereals stored in the facility, according to trading company Mena Commodities
    https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/agriculture/080420-explosion-at-port-of-beirut-damages-grain-silos-terminal-reports

Lebanon imports 80 percent of its food supplies and the Port of Beirut was a vital lifeline for the country’s grain imports, storing 85 percent of its cereals
    https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/beirut-port-explosion-a-crippling-blow-to-lebanon-s-food-security-38670

https://www.france24.com/en/20200805-lebanon-has-less-than-a-month-s-grain-reserves-after-beirut-blast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

All region is in serious risk of food shortage and this is not only Lebanon or Syria but there two countries are about to be experience it most:
    https://www.syrianews.cc/madman-erdogan-steals-syrian-wheat-kids-injured-by-bomb/

Big fire on food market in Ajman near Dubai (yesterday):
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/massive-fire-market-ajman-dubai

Food warehouses in fire in Najaf, Iran (yesterday):
    https://en.shafaqna.com/159413/fire-in-food-and-electrical-storages-in-najaf-photos/

****ing nuts they would stack bags of this stuff in there like that, an incident waiting to happen if this photo legit?

Why?

What is that stuff?

Why is storing it in the manner depicted "fcuking nuts"?

What way should it be stored?

Edit: Replied before I got to this post -
    King Mob wrote: »
    And a lot of people are suddenly going to become expert chemists in the topic of fertilizer and nitrates.

Beaten to it by our resident armchair detective

Why?

What is that stuff?

Why is storing it in the manner depicted "fcuking nuts"?

What way should it be stored?

The stored Tons of ammonia nitrate bags at a port close to a city is sensible to you.

People use ammonia nitrate in the making of high explosives.

Narrative is they just left it there to sit for years. The should have sold it or used it, or stored it in an area with no civilians.

Since we saw what happened obviously the messed up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Anfo is pretty east to detonate and if the stock in the warehouse started to break down because of the time, temperature and condition of the warehouse then a heat source could set it off but it is feasible that an outside agency could sabotage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

One things for sure, is that if I ever see an explosion in the distance I will get the hell down and block my ears! See how long it took for the blast to reach the viewer after the explosion! Nuts!

This happened a few hours ago. I hope the country doesn't fall apart?

https://twitter.com/dalalmawad/status/1292134416362491904

Hezbollah feels threatened they might swoop in and take over. People in the Christian and Sunni neighbourhoods may want Hezbollah gone, but Hezbollah will react to outside influence pushing for regime change and changing the status quo.

The stored Tons of ammonia nitrate bags at a port close to a city is sensible to you.

That sentence doesn't make any sense, please try again.
    People use ammonia nitrate in the making of high explosives.

It is also used primarily as a fertiliser, but that doesn't give the CT gang as big of a hard-on. By the way, how do you know that is ammonium nitrate in the pic or that the photo is of the warehouse that blew up?
    Narrative is they just left it there to sit for years. The should have sold it or used it, or stored it in an area with no civilians.

Since we saw what happened obviously the messed up here.

Hindsight is 20/20. Obviously, what happened is catastrophic. The full reasons behind how and why it happened are certainly not yet known, and may never be fully disclosed. However, that doesn't stop the bullsh1t conspiracy nuts to immediately jump to all sorts of conclusions and suddenly become experts in all manner of how to store and manage explosive compounds.

Tell the truth, had you ever even heard of ammonium nitrate before all this? Going by your insistence on calling it ammonia nitrate, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Anfo is pretty east to detonate and if the stock in the warehouse started to break down because of the time, temperature and condition of the warehouse then a heat source could set it off but it is feasible that an outside agency could sabotage it.

Its not ANFO until you add a fuel, ammonium nitrate on its own is stable. For 2700 tonnes you would need roughly between 150 > 270 tonnes of say Diesel mixed to make a viable explosive.

Grain dust can also act as a fuel (same theory as a custard powder bomb) so storing all that ammonium nitrate next to grain store that has risk already seams a more plausible explanation rather than outside agencies.

Advertisement