Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coral Players Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Enjoyed that. But perry will be sick with himself, couple of basic positional shots were fluffed. Yan was there for the taking.

Enjoyed that. But perry will be sick with himself, couple of basic positional shots were fluffed. Yan was there for the taking.

He should've smashed that last pink and let the chips fall etc,,,,, far too tentative.... He'll definitely feel he left that one behind him,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Why Perry put that much topspin on the pink over the pocket I'll never know. You could have given a cue to someone who never picked one up in their lives and they could have gotten the cue ball on the bottom half of the table to have a chance at the black.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Why Perry put that much topspin on the pink over the pocket I'll never know. You could have given a cue to someone who never picked one up in their lives and they could have gotten the cue ball on the bottom half of the table to have a chance at the black.

Topspin that close to the cushion a rookie error... Maybe nerves got to him.. Plain ball with a touch of side maybe and let the white zip all around the table - give him a chance of getting on the black - I dunno, can't remember the exact positions of cue ball and pink but I think the pink was too close to the cushion for a topspin shot with power....

He should've smashed that last pink and let the chips fall etc,,,,, far too tentative.... He'll definitely feel he left that one behind him,,,

Potted blue and didnt get position, then missed easy snooker behind the black. And then of course, that shot on the pink... What more chances did he need?

• Advertisement

Only excuse i can think is he caught pink too thick, maybe meant to catch it thinner and white would travel back up table. But would have to see it again to be sure.

Potted blue and didnt get position, then missed easy snooker behind the black. And then of course, that shot on the pink... What more chances did he need?

Missing the snooker behind the black ultimately done for him.. Looked like he got it though until the camera angle showed no snooker... Unlucky; I thought he played that shot well(enough)...

Only excuse i can think is he caught pink too thick, maybe meant to catch it thinner and white would travel back up table. But would have to see it again to be sure.

Don't have the facility to record/rewind itv :mad:

Could get a better post mortem in than my sozzled noggin will allow. I've probably contradicted myself a few times already :D

Missing the snooker behind the black ultimately done for him.. Looked like he got it though until the camera angle showed no snooker... Unlucky; I thought he played that shot well(enough)...

Yeah, was probably being too hard on him for that. These cloths are so slick that its hard to get delicate shots like that to the inch, likely felt he'd nailed it as soon as white left the cue.

Allen v Murphy. Interesting match up between guys who have become good friends and frequent practice partners. On recent form you'd have to make murphy favourite so just hoping allen gives a good account of himself. Probably needs it more.

• Advertisement

Only one snooker player turned up today. Allen just been dismal, surprised he's even got 2 frames.

6-2 it is. To be fair to allen he has been under the weather all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Stephen Maguire looks like had a shave 15 minutes before coming out this evening. Clearly means business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

For some reason Ch 132 on Virgin which is ITV 4 is saying service not available. Never happened before.

Immense first frame. Best safety exchange I've seen in ages.

Hard one for maguire to take there, felt he maybe needed to win that opening frame for sake of the match. Enjoying some of these broad camera angles, eurosport could take note.

Top class fare. Judd missing a few and mags punishing. Great safety exchanges. Has the look of going all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just get the impression from the very start that Maguire has decided he's winning this match.

Yes, very impressed with Maguire. Like Murphy he seems determined to get his act together of late. Even shaves.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Just get the impression from the very start that Maguire has decided he's winning this match.

Definitely very focused and at 0-3 you'd expect him to have thrown in the towel. Been a masterclass in controlled snooker since then. Now, can he get the job done?

Momentum appears to be moving in Trump’s direction now, feels like Maguire may have missed his chance at 5-3.

• Advertisement

He's faltering within sight of the jamstick, thats for sure. Been a fabulous match though, deserves a decider.

Match at his mercy after a superb black to split the pack, then he goes and gets wrong side of the blue, break over on 49.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Trump playing a different game at the moment. Amazing.

What a clearance.

Judd was a bit off his game tonight i thought, but saved it all for the finish. Utterly spellbinding. Hope maguire doesnt beat himself up over it. Needed to win to get into tour champs i think so will be gutted. But played his part in tertific contest.

I feel for Maguire loosing the match, I felt he deserved it, but that was an amazing clearance by Trump which started by cutting in a red to the center pocket which was brave. The position he finished on on the penultimate red was perfect to take the final red of cush and you could see at that point it was all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Glad Trump won. What a player. Close to genius status over last two years. Scarily talented. Any final with Trump in it is going to be good.

Hope Murphy continues his good form tonight. A Murphy v Trump final would be exciting.

First frame last night was a marathon too. Seems a lot of long tactical frames this week. Nothing at all wrong with it.

Murphy having a nightmare, but not for the first time Bingtao bottling it when in front. I predict a post midnight 6-5 finish.

• Advertisement

That was tough yellow yan missed in fairness. Murph looked nervous clearing those up but got it done well enough. Do agree could be a late one. Here's hoping at least.

Advertisement