Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Frazer has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

janfebmar wrote: »
    Link? No proof or suggestion on the internet I can see that he ran the bar for the UVF and no proof he knew anything about some customer from the bar killing 2 people out in the countryside. Plenty to show he stood up for victims and victims families.

In fairness J plenty of people from the unionist community say otherwise. They distance himself from him because of his UVF connections. How could you know him better than the unionist community?

• Registered Users Posts: 66,281 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In fairness J plenty of people from the unionist community say otherwise. They distance himself from him because of his UVF connections. How could you know him better than the unionist community?

Extraordinary continued defence of this man from janfebmar, who lectures and berates anybody who utters even a bit of support or understanding of republican paramilitaries.

We know exactly who Frazer trenchantly supported and what he seen no wrong in, just by reviewing what he is on record as saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I'll miss his funny videos on Facebook even though I disagreed with everything he said. :D

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So people who lost family members should act like this man is that what you are saying ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

You still have not provided a link for your conspiracy theory. Nobody from the unionist community is linking him with the UVF, and as far as I know the leaders of all unionist parties were at his funeral or sent representatives . Nobody ever accused him of being in the UVF and it was not a paramilitary funeral.

• Advertisement

You still have not provided a link for your conspiracy theory. Nobody from the unionist community is linking him with the UVF, and as far as I know the leaders of all unionist parties were at his funeral or sent representatives . Nobody ever accused him of being in the UVF and it was not a paramilitary funeral.

With all due respect J I'm friends with people from the unionist community in Northern Ireland you're far removed from those. You've no frame of reference so you're making it up on the spot.

With all due respect J I'm friends with people from the unionist community in Northern Ireland you're far removed from those.

With due respect steddyeddy I have friends also from various backgrounds in N Ireland. If you think Fraser had no respect or support in his community, can you explain why leading politicians like Arlene was at his funeral and spoke highly of him?

The reason why Unionist politicians were at his funeral is the same reason they attend Orange marches or won't condemn bigotry at bonfires and at those marches = votes.

The reason why Unionist politicians were at his funeral .....

Why did so many families of victims on social media support Frazer so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Why did so many families of victims on social media support Frazer so?

Why did so many condemn him, Mary?

• Advertisement

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Why did so many condemn him, Mary?

Willie Frazer was an outspoken campaigner on behalf of victims of republican violence during the N. Ireland Troubles, so not surprising many Republicans condemned him. Some even attacked him. However many people from the community the Republicans had attacked seemed to respect him, judging by thousands of comments on social media. Arlene Foster at the funeral paid tribute to the ‘fearless’ and ‘tireless’ Loyalist victims’ campaigner, as did other DUP politicians and the leader of the Ulster Unionist Party Robin Swann who were also in attendance.

With due respect steddyeddy I have friends also from various backgrounds in N Ireland. If you think Fraser had no respect or support in his community, can you explain why leading politicians like Arlene was at his funeral and spoke highly of him?

Well again J you've previously said you had nothing to do with the unionist community. Arelene also attended Martin McGuiness' funeral. If she didn't respect or support the Provisional IRA why did she do that?

Well again J you've previously said you had nothing to do with the unionist community.

You are making up stuff again. I said I know people from different backgrounds in N Ireland ( when you insinuated I did not). You are getting confused again.
    And this thread is on a victims campaigner, someone who lost 6 close family members targeted by Republicans, and who highlighted atrocities like Kingsmill etc. Nice try at deflection though.

Well again J you've previously said you had nothing to do with the unionist community. Arelene also attended Martin McGuiness' funeral. If she didn't respect or support the Provisional IRA why did she do that?

Janfebmar will ignore that Arlene also attended McGuinness's funeral.
    Anybody with any understanding will know that Arlene would have wanted to be anywhere else on the planet. She attended because of political pressure.
    The exact same pressures to attend the funeral, brought to bear by voters in her base that have the same outlook as Willie had.

There is a reason there are jokes about politician's attending funerals.

You are making up stuff again. I said I know people from different backgrounds in N Ireland ( when you insinuated I did not). You are getting confused again.
    And this thread is on a victims campaigner, someone who lost 6 close family members targeted by Republicans, and who highlighted atrocities like Kingsmill etc. Nice try at deflection though.

But J Arelene also went to Martin McGuiness' funeral. By your standards she must be an IRA member. It's irrelevant if she went to Frazer's funeral.

Janfebmar will ignore that Arlene also attended McGuinness's funeral.
    Anybody with any understanding will know that Arlene would have wanted to be anywhere else on the planet. She attended because of political pressure.
    The exact same pressures to attend the funeral, brought to bear by voters in her base that have the same outlook as Willie had.

There is a reason there are jokes about politician's attending funerals.

Ah in fairness he/she's good for a laugh :D

But J Arelene also went to Martin McGuiness' funeral. By your standards she must be an IRA member.
    Was McGuinness not a government employee though, and the man who helped get the pira to surrender its weapons/ get them put beyond use?

Frazer was a friend of hers, it was said they chatted on the phone every few weeks. They both had a father attacked by Republicans, a lot in common, like thousands of others.

Ah in fairness he/she's good for a laugh :D

Amazing and hilarious to read the gyrations and gymnastics on this thread in particular.

A loudmouthed bigot (fact, and on the record) and loyalist agitator,(fact and on the record) and associate of loyalist paramilitaries, (fact and on the record) and suspected of fraud and who was forced to leave the groups he set up has his funeral attended almost exclusively by Unionist politicians in the month when those same Unionist politicians will remain silent on repeated instances of bigotry and loyalist agitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Was McGuinness not a government employee though, and the man who helped get the pira to surrender its weapons/ get them put beyond use?

Frazer was a friend of hers, it was said they chatted on the phone every few weeks. They both had a father attacked by Republicans, a lot in common, like thousands of others.

No surprises there, alot in common alright.they were both members of Ian Paisleys free puritianical cult. They would both hated taigs just as much, Arlene had to tone down her hatred of popeish fenians, at least in public.

Amazing and hilarious to read the gyrations and gymnastics on this thread in particular.

A loudmouthed bigot (fact, and on the record) and .

Did not read the rest of your post. Frazer has said many times, and it was said by others, he had nothing against ordinary Roman Catholics, it was the pIRA he hated. So if that makes him a bigot so be it. He was not a bigot against Catholics when he attended a Catholic school and played gaa. He was a bigot against extremist Republicans when they murdered his father and 5 other close relatives.

• Advertisement

No surprises there, alot in common alright.they were both members of Ian Paisleys free puritianical cult. They would both hated taigs just as much, Arlene had to tone down her hatred of popeish fenians, at least in public.

Arlene is the leader of a community that will go ballistic if you attend the wrong football match, the wrong commemoration in Dublin or the wrong funeral, or shake the wrong hand.

Look at the angst she went through in deciding to attend a flipping football match, the respectful and inclusive commemoration of an event 100 years ago, the funeral of a colleague in government? All within the last few years.

Did not read the rest of your post. Frazer has said many times, and it was said by others, he had nothing against ordinary Roman Catholics, it was the pIRA he hated. So if that makes him a bigot so be it. He was not a bigot against Catholics when he attended a Catholic school and played gaa. He was a bigot against extremist Republicans when they murdered his father and 5 other close relatives.

Actually J Willie was also known to tell people to vote Sinn Fein/IRA when it suited him.

Here's a video of him praising the provos.

Actually J Willie was also known to tell people to vote Sinn Fein/IRA when it suited him.

Here's a video of him praising the provos.

He must have really annoyed some Republicans when they went to the trouble of stitching that together lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Arlene is the leader of a community that will go ballistic if you attend the wrong football match, the wrong commemoration in Dublin or the wrong funeral, or shake the wrong hand.

Look at the angst she went through in deciding to attend a flipping football match, the respectful and inclusive commemoration of an event 100 years ago, the funeral of a colleague in government? All within the last few years.

She came a lot further than wee Willy who freaked out and knee jerked when he saw an Italian flag at a primary school and called an IRA training camp. Willy was an attention seeker, a sh!t stirrer an an unintentional comedian. Wouldn't surprise me if he burnt his own car for the attention, probably wouldn't have surprised the psni either.

He must have really annoyed some Republicans when they went to the trouble of stitching that together lol

Ha ha the thing is some unionists actually thought that was really and went on the attack at Willie as a result :D

She came a lot further than wee Willy who freaked out and knee jerked when he saw an Italian flag at a primary school and called an IRA training camp. Willy was an attention seeker, a sh!t stirrer an an unintentional comedian. Wouldn't surprise me if he burnt his own car for the attention, probably wouldn't have surprised the psni either.

Trying to paint Willie as anything but a sad bigot is pointless.

Membership of Free Presbyterian Church Of Ulster and the Orange Order automatically and immediately makes you anti-Roman Catholic and the defenders of Orangism and Free Presbyterians can try to deny that all day long. It is pointless.

Both security forces on this island the RUC/PSNI and the Gardai have made public allegations that Willie was associated with loyalist paramilitary groups like the Red Hand Defenders (see Smithwick Tribunal and Willies ludicrous attempt to get a legal gun)

Wouldn't surprise me if he burnt his own car for the attention, .

And how would you explain the numerous violent assaults on him by Republicans, some of them caught on video?

And how would you explain the numerous violent assaults on him by Republicans, some of them caught on video?

J you're saying nonsensical statements about denial of gun licences and poo being dropped from planes and you think people owe you a explanation of their posts?

J you're saying nonsensical statements about denial of gun licences and poo being dropped from planes and you think people owe you a explanation of their posts?

I did not make nonsensical statements, so please stop suggesting I did as a way of diverting the subject. Again, we ask you to explain the numerous violent assaults on Frazer by Republicans, including some caught on video ?

• Advertisement

I remember Willie posting a video from his CCTV to his FB page of a man on a walking stick walking to his door and the two of them rolling on to the lawn in a 'fight'. (Looked more like the kiss scene in From Here to Eternity tbh! :))

Willie was demanding action on it until somebody asked him how come his CCTV was able to follow the action and zoom in. :):) Clearly somebody was there filming it all.

Set-up? You decide.

Advertisement