Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was clothes shopping earlier. Three employees, none of them asked to help me, went up to pay, the surly one at the till never spoke. They've lost a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My local bakery looks to have the most gorgeous cakes and buns and everything looks delicious but nothing is ever covered and everything is always absolutely crawling with flies :(
    Why bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A plague of tiny clothes moths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Accidentally hit ‘Responsive Site’ here on boards. Clicked on ‘Legacy Site’ to bring me back and it didn’t work so I’m stuck with the responsive site on Safari. NOOOOOOOO!!!

The responsive hurts my eyeballs. And my soul.

Clear your cookies, it worked for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

people who jump to extreme conclusions

bank account hackers

• Advertisement

So, I went to the company which gives that 2-year car insurance as I intensely dislike spending my time each year searching for better value in the knowledge that I'll be fleeced if I stay with the same company. The 2-year motor insurance company managed to quote me a €1400 premium for two years, when it was @ €650 for 2 years (yes, for 2 years comprehensive) about 4 years ago. Yes, I realise I got a fantastic 2-year deal that year but I didn't expect it to go up that much in 2019 (I've had no accidents or anything since). The price for one year was €680 but when I said I wasn't interested the girl said 'the best I can do for you on the 1-year is €550'. It took, at most, 10 seconds for her to take €130 off the premium. Shysters in a shyster industry.

My existing car insurance company sent me out renewal information this week with the forthcoming alleged premium. I went to their website and got precisely the same policy for €95 cheaper. Precisely the same.

The insurance industry in particular must salivate when they meet entire sections of Irish society that they can exploit, like older people who just haven't the energy anymore and people who haven't a clue about internet stuff. I think we can put "insurance industry reform" somewhere next to "legal industry reform" at the bottom of the agenda of any government, and meaningless platitudes about protecting the consumer near the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local bakery looks to have the most gorgeous cakes and buns and everything looks delicious but nothing is ever covered and everything is always absolutely crawling with flies :(
    Why bother!

This drives me insane.
    There's a good Centra near me with a nice bakery and everything is out for the kids to play with.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This drives me insane.
    There's a good Centra near me with a nice bakery and everything is out for the kids to play with.

My local centra today had the doughnuts in individual plastic containers to keep them fresh and from avoiding maulings.
    But for the love of jaysus, big massive plastic containers for 1 doughnut. No wonder the planet is fooked.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My local centra today had the doughnuts in individual plastic containers to keep them fresh and from avoiding maulings.
    But for the love of jaysus, big massive plastic containers for 1 doughnut. No wonder the planet is fooked.

I'm not 100% sure but I got shingles a few years ago on my face/eyelids/etc. The only thing we could trace it back to was pick n mix sweets and kids being at them. Ever since then I hate anything that isn't covered/open to people to touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Regarding insurance: mine wanted an insane renewal, I did a new quote on their website, the quote was 350 cheaper, rang them and asked them what's up. Then they knocked another 150 off, so I got it for 500 cheaper than the stupid renewal.
    What's the excuse, really. F them.

My TA: everyone says be professional for Interviews, dress nicely, don't have tattoos, don't breathe or exist. But it's totally acceptable for interviewers to have awful patchy fake tan, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why bother!

Sickening !

Ta'd at people who have no consideration for others and only care about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

This TA seems to be a quintessentially Irish thing: people who say they're going to leave but take ages to actually go. They have to announce that they're leaving at least 47 times.

"I'll go now. Oh there's yer man on the telly. Oh he's good!"

"I'll be off now. Oh that's a lovely cushion, where did you get it? Tell me where you got everything else in the room as well, actually."

"Right lads, I'm gone! Oh, c'mere, did you hear the news about Jimmy from down the road?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ppl who blatantly deny the truth in order to look good and make me look bad in terms of work politics.

Email is your friend. I have seriously buried some ****ers lile this in my time.

Spout bull**** about doing something in a meeting, straight after meeting email to everyone that attended. Hi X, I would be really interested in seeing that report you mentioned in the meeting, can you send it on please.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    An old flame (like, teenage sweetheart old) got back in touch with me last week. We met for lunch today and while I practically had hearts popping out of my eyes, I'm pretty sure he didn't fancy me in the least :(

Did you frikkin ask or arrange to meet again?

I'm not 100% sure but I got shingles a few years ago on my face/eyelids/etc. The only thing we could trace it back to was pick n mix sweets and kids being at them. Ever since then I hate anything that isn't covered/open to people to touch.

Shemale to the rescue...

If you had chickenpox as a kid, the virus stays in your system and the bastard can reactivate in later years if you are stressed, run down, undergoing chemo(hope you werent) and it comes back as shingles. You are free to pick n mix or other germy stuff now :)

I had the bastards last year, ****ing agony and exhausted for months after.

I was in local Super Valu early and had my 3 year old with me, I told him to see what pastry he wanted. He is looking and goes to touch a pain au chocolat and I said "remember point dont touch" and he stopped.

An older woman, 50s comes over smiles and touches a scone, then grabs a lump off another one, into her mouth and her fingers were wet and I said "Disgusting, do you have to maul every pastry?" She said, "he only wants that one". I said "He knows, I was talking to you". She was morto and scurried off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The fact that the arts are dead in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

madmaggie wrote: »
    I was clothes shopping earlier. Three employees, none of them asked to help me, went up to pay, the surly one at the till never spoke. They've lost a customer.

Sounds like my ideal shopping trip :)

Leave me alone people !!

Each to their own I suppose :)

6 of my friends all live in a house together, I’d be over often enough. Anyway they all do this thing where they leave their fridge open for ages literally the whole time they’re cooking a meal sometimes, it drives me insane.

But I haven’t yet devised a method to stop this without passive aggressively shutting the open fridge or getting all preachy over something I know they’ll regard as trivial.

wally1990 wrote: »

Leave me alone people !!

I'm the exact same. I nearly avoid places with over helpful staff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Teenage girl was sitting on the bus with the other seat used for her bag

Another lady wanted to sit down and asked for her to move the bag but she got ignored. A few more requests she got blanked too.

Getting angry she sat down and shoved the bag over. And still the girl wouldn’t move thr bag and starts smirking as if she won the argument. Cat who got the cream.

Got off 2 bus stops later. Why the smirk, nobody won anything :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Teenage girl was sitting on the bus with the other seat used for her bag

Another lady wanted to sit down and asked for her to move the bag but she got ignored. A few more requests she got blanked too.

Getting angry she sat down and shoved the bag over. And still the girl wouldn’t move thr bag and starts smirking as if she won the argument. Cat who got the cream.

Got off 2 bus stops later. Why the smirk, nobody won anything :confused:

What a cow! :mad:

wally1990 wrote: »

Leave me alone people !!

I'm the same, can I help you? Yes are these troursers or Tshirts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I put washing powder in the machine and went to get the clothes to put in but got distracted by something else. Ten minutes later I was passing the machine and it was running and I thought "I don't remember putting clothes in there". I hadn't! I had automatically started it :o WTF brain??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I put washing powder in the machine and went to get the clothes to put in but got distracted by something else. Ten minutes later I was passing the machine and it was running and I thought "I don't remember putting clothes in there". I hadn't! I had automatically started it :o WTF brain??

Brainwashing?

I'm TAd at Bus Éireann for not allowing me to buy my ticket online (they don't do all routes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

New Home wrote: »
    Brainwashing?

I'm TAd at Bus reann for not allowing me to buy my ticket online (they don't do all routes).
    I gave up on the Bus Eireann website years ago. Trying to plan a journey was a nightmare. I don't know how tourists manage to navigate it. Now I use "getthere.ie". It's so easy. You put in your starting point and your destination and it brings up all bus times. Why can't Bus Eireann be so simple?

Another TA: went to look at a car. I asked the salesman for the full specifications of the car. First thing he writes down for me is the colour. :rolleyes: I don't need to match it to my accessories or my lipstick, I need to know if it works ok, if it's cheap to run, if it's safe and reliable, etc! And ok, I can be funny, but you laughed way too much... *Clint-Eastwood-like glare*

And this latte is pretty bad, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote:
    An old flame (like, teenage sweetheart old) got back in touch with me last week. We met for lunch today and while I practically had hearts popping out of my eyes, I'm pretty sure he didn't fancy me in the least

So yeah, righteously shot down. In flames. No fuselage remaining.

If anyone's looking for me, I'll be joining the Poor Clares.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Shemale wrote:
    Did you frikkin ask or arrange to meet again?

Only seeing this now. Yes, I did. See above. That smell of burning is me.

• Advertisement

He's the one who's missing out, DH. You'll be his "the one who got away". :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement