Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Maxx Anfield, Charlii (girl) Sebastian Armando and Skye. All the same family

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Roxy Amber in a high pitched howya accent

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I know 2 little sisters called Pamela and Sue Ellen, and they have cousins who are sisters Britney and Rhianna!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thisiswar wrote: »
    'Bentley' on Teen Mom

you'd get up on maci wouldnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

My son went to creche with a little girl called Pocahontas Murphy... They shortened it to *Pokey*. :confused:

• Advertisement

Any of those names the yanks like to use, like: Hunter, Gunnar, Tyler, Dylan, Chad, etc etc.

They will be here soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Skylar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Constance :eek:

That was the name of my favourite doll when I was a little girl. I have no idea where I first heard it. Awwwww, the memories. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Was in the post office recently when a young scobie girl tried to run off with something which lead to her mother shouting "Shakira,Shakira come back with that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Rihanna........in Ballyfermot.

It angered me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Was in the post office recently when a young scobie girl tried to run off with something which lead to her mother shouting "Shakira,Shakira come back with that"

Oh dear doG, that is even worse than Pocahontas....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I used to work with somebody and her child was called Jorja. Supposed to be like Georgia (which is bad enough) but spelled arseways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

totobyrne wrote: »
    kids are great its hard to give a kid a bad name tbh

What about Pissface?

I reckon that'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i heard a girl with a very strong dublin accent say 'beyonce, get over here' in the post office in harolds cross, south dublin a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone I worked with called her child Jupiter, and the surname is Jones.

Jupiter Jones. What a stupid fuking name.

Alfred Hitchcock anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Once knew a Hungerford and Torquil.
    Having lived in Essex there were loads of truely naff names. Mercedes, Crystal, Kylie (imagine whats her face shouting it, like Rickie, in a Nawrth London accent).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,478 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Heard of two kids in my town called Jacob and Marietta, now they take the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

i heard a girl with a very strong dublin accent say 'beyonce, get over here' in the post office in harolds cross, south dublin a while ago

That was actually "the" beyonce....her and jay z had called in to pay jay z's oul wan's Ntl bill.....it was over 2 months in arrears...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

EGAR wrote: »
    Oh dear doG, that is even worse than Pocahontas....:eek:

It's ok im pretty sure the scumbags were of Colombian descent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

There's a baby in Tralee called Lady Gaga McCarthy!

Also know a kid called Amus. COME ON! Asking for the child to be bullied!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Caraville wrote: »
    Chelsea, Jordan (for a boy or girl), Clarice, Charity, Chantelle, Charmaine- all names of students I've had & felt sorry for with those names.

Also, if you name your daughter Sorcha, then it's pronounced "Sur-uh-ka", not Soorsha or Sohrsha or whatever made up sheeeite you're coming up with.

sure you're not confusing it with saoirse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

If you're serious you have poor taste.

Gaelic names are lovely.

Some of them are, but I somehow associate them with the celtic tiger and Irish Pride"

Everyone of my many nephs and nieces have them, I can't even spell some of their obscure gaelic names.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone I worked with called her child Jupiter, and the surname is Jones.

Jupiter Jones. What a stupid fuking name.

That is a brilliant name !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

44leto wrote: »
    Everyone of my many nephs and nieces have them, I can't even spell some of their obscure gaelic names.

+1.

so how do they expect foreign employers to pronounce their names when they call them for interview ?

Anyway, talking about ugly names, I heard of a fellow with a ring through his body, he was called Pierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

heard a woman shouting in pennys "Christiano"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    II have met some ridiculous ones,
    Shakira,
    Stacey - for a boy
    3 sisters that are named after Charlies Angels

Sounds like the parents were fans of the actor, Stacey Keach who played Mike Hammer.

http://www.stacykeach.com/hammer-series.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I heard an aul wan on the bus talking to another aul wan about her grandson "Orlando".

bluewolf wrote: »

sure you're not confusing it with saoirse?

Nah I've heard Sorcha being pronounced like that too.

I have a Saoirse, and I'm funny over how it's pronouced. It comes from the word saor and should be pronounced as such. Not seersha.

I know of someone who called their child Percy a few weeks ago. I really don't like it for a baby :(

Also know someone with a Rianna but she's around alot longer than the singer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I was on the Cork - Dublin train last year & atimerick junction a woman & her two kids got on, the mother proceeded to shout at them "Keefer, Shania! Sit down will ya!"
    There was quite a few giggles.

The other unusual name I heard was a guy I know has a brother called Sheldon. It cracks me up but he doesn't see the funny side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I agree.

I think parents who do this are not really giving their children names.

They're just making a 'statement' to the world.

'I'm more Irish than thou'

Dickheads.:rolleyes:

I know. It's desperate. Next thing, they'll be watching the Dubs or even Hurling or camogie. The horror of it. Sending their kids to Gaelscoileanna and Irish dancing lessons.

It must be truly horrible in other countries like Russia or Poland, with poor kids being given horrible Russian or Polish names and being educated in their own languages and learning ballet or some such "culture".

I, for one, welcome the modern celebrity culture. All boy's go to soccer school; all girl's to WAG school.

I'm off to change the twins' (Dilsexia and Dipsraxia) nappies and feed them their McDonalds.

Advertisement