Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

YFlyer wrote: »
    England v Ireland. Either 1988 or 1990. Dropped a load while sitting near the centre circle. A spursy thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R1QABw5v_w

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dr Strange wrote: »
    I must say kudos to all the spouses/partners for putting up with these situations while suffering in silence.

Are you kidding me? I get an “earful” nearly every weekend.

That’s with opening the window, lighting matches, lighting candles and even burning hair to try “mask” the smell.

Silence me hole.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

dulpit wrote: »

WTAF!

Then he continued playing after clearing his jocks with his hand and wiping it on the grass!!!

• Went to the gym this morning before work. Got home with about twenty minutes to spare to shower and get ready for work when my housemate decides that would be the perfect time to take a dump. The ****ing fent the bastard left in there is unreal. ****er didn't even open the window or use the bottle of Fabreeze I bought. I was about ten minutes late for work too. This means war.

Went to the gym this morning before work. Got home with about twenty minutes to spare to shower and get ready for work when my housemate decides that would be the perfect time to take a dump. The ****ing fent the bastard left in there is unreal. ****er didn't even open the window or use the bottle of Fabreeze I bought. I was about ten minutes late for work too. This means war.

A “Dutch sauna”.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

England v Ireland. Either 1988 or 1990. Dropped a load while sitting near the centre circle. A spursy thing to do.

Apparently he overindulged at a seafood banquet the previous evening.

Scallops were on the turn according to those in the know.

Might even have been sabotage....it happened the All Blacks in 95 allegedly.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Only “Suzie” knows for sure.

The tide is turning…

Only “Suzie” knows for sure.

You're going to have to explain that one if you don't mind.

You're going to have to explain that one if you don't mind.

The “theory” goes that a waitress named “Suzie” was the source of the poisoning. I believe it was delivered through the tea that the team drank with breakfast.

She was hired a few days previous and then “disappeared” the day of, indeed, after. No one has been able to locate or identify this woman.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Apparently he overindulged at a seafood banquet the previous evening.

Scallops were on the turn according to those in the know.

Perhaps he was looking into seafood crisps. Dragons Den put a stop to that.

Sonia O'Sullivan helped herself as well.

• Advertisement

Perhaps he was looking into seafood crisps. Dragons Den put a stop to that.

Sonia O'Sullivan helped herself as well.

Not forgetting a Spurs team a few years back before the last game of the season where a win would have secured Champions League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Not forgetting a Spurs team a few years back before the last game of the season where a win would have secured Champions League football.

Yeah story that they ate some meal that didn't agree with them prior to playing West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dr Strange wrote: »
    I must say kudos to all the spouses/partners for putting up with these situations while suffering in silence.

"that's not normal" is usually roared at me by my dry retching wife

• Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Finally i get home, mrs answers, looks at me curiously. I just run to the bath to get changed. She starts vomiting, i start gagging, **** everywhere.

She should've let you in the side gate and then blasted you with the garden hose. Like that scene in First Blood, if you have decent water pressure.

At least he was wearing very dark shorts - imagine if one of the Irish lads had been so afflicted?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Hopefully the contributors to this esteemed senate of debate and intellectual enquiry will forgive me for going off on a bit of a tangent, but something has been bothering me for quite some time.

Has anyone noticed a dramatic decrease in the quality of branded underwear? Usually operate a 10 pair rota - new pair of boxers daily with 3 spare pairs for overnights or emergency changes. So washed once a week. The gusset is giving up on them after about 3 months though - holes developing in the crotch and sump area. Using premium washing powder and conditioner and putting them on a 40 degree wash at 1000 revolutions per minute. All within the standard operating manual.

Now we’re not talking Brendan Bendar specials here - 14 pairs of yellowing briefs routed out from the final reductions bin in Guineys. No, I’m talking premium brands - Pringle, Bjorn Borg, Calvin Klein etc.

Is this yet another sign of the death of quality and the late stages of capitalism? Poor quality cotton won’t last long when in daily contact with the naturally acidic qualities of ball grease and sump oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

^^^^^
    Spin cycle is far too strong. Reduce to 800. Keep 1000 for hardy garments and towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Can vouch for Saville Row jocks. Bulletproof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Johnny I’m having the same issue. We’re talking mainly the stalwart Calvin Klein. Getting 6 months if I’m lucky before small holes being to appear. I originally put it down to my more than generous gentleman’s region but one can only delude one’s self for so long. I have to say though Tommy Hilfiger makes a robust and sturdy boxer short

Guess who's stuck in a meeting with a turtle's head poking ....... AGAIN!!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Guess who's stuck in a meeting with a turtle's head poking ....... AGAIN!!!!??

If you’ve time to use your phone in a meeting then you’ve time to excuse yourself from the room and go for a shïte. Fücking civil servants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Topman trunks are the best out there imho, comfy last well and not expensive.

Life ain't always empty.

If you’ve time to use your phone in a meeting then you’ve time to excuse yourself from the room and go for a shïte. Fücking civil servants.

Now now Johnny you sound a bit angry - are the worn jocks itching your barsal region by any chance ?
    Some vaseline should do the trick - apply liberally.
    - it's a microsoft teams meeting, so we are at our desks headsets on and could be called to speak at any moment - leaving is difficult, I'm not on my phone boards is open on another tab, not hard to make a quick post.

I'm not a civil servant - I wish I had that kind of job security!

And the meeting ended soon after, I made it into a trap to shotgun blast the pewter with fresh midden!!

Lately I'm not too happy with the state of the traps in here, one of them is "out of order" so we are down to 3 traps for the men.

As a result they are busier and a worse pong than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just about to take my 3rd trip to the WC today, stomach isn't right at all today. Least there's the bonus that I'm getting paid for said trips... ;)

• dulpit wrote: »
    Just about to take my 3rd trip to the WC today, stomach isn't right at all today. Least there's the bonus that I'm getting paid for said trips... ;)
    No time like company time.

I only dump on company time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I only dump on company time.

Weekends must be uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hopefully the contributors to this esteemed senate of debate and intellectual enquiry will forgive me for going off on a bit of a tangent, but something has been bothering me for quite some time.

Has anyone noticed a dramatic decrease in the quality of branded underwear? Usually operate a 10 pair rota - new pair of boxers daily with 3 spare pairs for overnights or emergency changes. So washed once a week. The gusset is giving up on them after about 3 months though - holes developing in the crotch and sump area. Using premium washing powder and conditioner and putting them on a 40 degree wash at 1000 revolutions per minute. All within the standard operating manual.

Now we’re not talking Brendan Bendar specials here - 14 pairs of yellowing briefs routed out from the final reductions bin in Guineys. No, I’m talking premium brands - Pringle, Bjorn Borg, Calvin Klein etc.

Is this yet another sign of the death of quality and the late stages of capitalism? Poor quality cotton won’t last long when in daily contact with the naturally acidic qualities of ball grease and sump oil.

John, very upset about that remark but won’t descend to the gutther to ripost.

What’s wrong with your high end jocks is your crappy diet, fcuking Supermacs burgers five days a week, and processed food the other two, topped up with gulling back liters of cheap beer and shortdated food.

That and poor hygiene

This diet John, produces bag soup and crack drittle which would work its way through Olympic standard yacht sails, in less than a month.

A suggestion would be to get the area fully waxed,change your diet, and take a shower around once a week.

Keep the cluster dry, Caldescene is good and work a soft toothbrush behind the neck of the ‘helmet’.

For info, the Brenner has no undergarment difficulties despite operating in the lower end of the undergarment division, good slather of Savlon keeps the purse nicely ‘free’ and the neck of the unit well moistened.

Think of a arse bleach as well, could be just the thing, John.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have found Ralph Lauren Polo jocks rock solid- TKMaxx all the way. Years of wear and not a sign of any holes. Granted they are no longer the pristine black they once were on leaving Hanoi all those years ago but still good. Still give that flattering "well rounded" bulge. Whereas a few M&S jocks of similar vintage are only fit for cleaning the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I have found Ralph Lauren Polo jocks rock solid- TKMaxx all the way. Years of wear and not a sign of any holes. Granted they are no longer the pristine black they once were on leaving Hanoi all those years ago but still good. Still give that flattering "well rounded" bulge. Whereas a few M&S jocks of similar vintage are only fit for cleaning the car.
    I'm using the Tokyo Laundry ones out of TK Max , comfortable but not to clingy and snug so damn all sweating when the pressure comes on.
    I don't look for too much longevity in jocks anymore, feck the carbon footprint. I like a new 3 pack fairly often and get rid of the other ones as soon as they show signs of wear or getting bally in the wash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Lads, keep it close to home with "Vedoneire". Utterly soft,yet with a tenacious hold on the "boys".

No swing,dropout or bounce.

Highly absorbent of the horrors that can lurk around them there bits.

Almost scratchproof, but will put up the battle against the "seam ream"when called upon.

Refuses to build up a fent on the hottest summers day

I'm very impressed by them.

Puts others to torn,stained greasy shame.

Advertisement