Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is TOR unsafe?

• 18-08-2020 12:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I heard that was pretty much a safe haven until the NSA/FBI cracked it in 2014 to take down CP sites and the Silk Road.

I know it's unsafe with Javascript and using Windows so many use the Tails OS instead. But is it all unsafe now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Yes, very much so. You will start getting drugs delivered to your door about 3 days after opening it. :rolleyes:

I heard that was pretty much a safe haven until the NSA/FBI cracked it in 2014 to take down CP sites and the Silk Road.

I know it's unsafe with Javascript and using Windows so many use the Tails OS instead. But is it all unsafe now?

I suggest you do a bit more reading. You are confusing TOR with the Dark Web.

You need TOR to access the Dark Web, but you don't need to access the Dark Web when using TOR.

Incidentally, your comment regarding javascript can be true for the regular Internet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭garra

https://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/107076/hacking/attackers-control-23-tor-exit-nodes.html

Yes. Apart from above, you have various law enforcement agencies controlling another chunk of Tor exit nodes.

Advertisement