Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Who Will The Dems pick in 2020
Harris 51 6.31%
Bernie 202 25.00%
Clinton 25 3.09%
Brooker 8 0.99%
Biden 332 41.09%
Gillbrand 6 0.74%
Oprah! 40 4.95%
Warren 85 10.52%
Klobuchar 7 0.87%
Michelle Obama 40 4.95%
Cuomo 12 1.49%
Voters: 808. You may not vote on this poll

Today, 16:57   #8371
TomOnBoard

Better Hang on to your Hat this week! As we head into the home straight, I'm expecting a wall of misinformation and lies to be unleashed in a last ditch attempt to get Trump over the line! He seems to have an uphill climb according to almost all sensible polls, and I'm seeing the 'sentiment analysis' systems adding to Biden's lead based on recent social media activity. Texas went marginally Blue for Biden in the last day or so, although its still on a knife-edge. I'm expecting a wipe-out of Trump's hold on Florida, as Seniors are turning against him in their droves. SO, the pre- and post- election shennanigans in Florida ought to be record- breaking as ever- more desperate voter suppression methods are called into play.

I'm expecting a ton of totally unverified (and indeed unverifiable) "Breaking News" reports on all manner of topics including new-found cures and now-available Covid vaccines, Hunter Biden drug-fuelled 'kompromat', Joe Biden 'Chyna' tangles as well as 'October Surprises' I can't even imagine.

Thankfully, such final week 'revelations' will have less of an effect on election outcomes, as so many votes are already in the box, and can no longer be changed. I foresee a lot of last-minute activity in the courts, aimed at disenfranchising minority voters and undermining postal and drop-in ballots, as well as legal manoeuverings to support interference in vote counting and results announcements.

Buckle Up, and believe nothing unless it's supported by iron-clad evidence. And buy the popcorn for the Count!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 17:08   #8372
droidus

Nearly 60 million votes cast now. 80% of the 2016 total in Texas. The indicators are there for all who chose to see them.
Thanks from:
Today, 17:52   #8373
rossie1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
The more centrist and moderate elements of the Rep and Dem parties need to break away and form two new parties I think, taking the moderate voters with them.
Moderate and centrist elements of the Republican party?

Have you seen the Republican voting record last decade?
Today, 17:57   #8374
Brian?

Send a message via MSN to Brian?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
The more centrist and moderate elements of the Rep and Dem parties need to break away and form two new parties I think, taking the moderate voters with them.
The entire Dem party are moderates, there are no extremists in the party that I'm aware of. Even the likes of AOC is a pretty moderate social democrat.
Thanks from:
Today, 18:25   #8375
VinLieger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian? View Post
The entire Dem party are moderates, there are no extremists in the party that I'm aware of. Even the likes of AOC is a pretty moderate social democrat.

There may be no extremists similar to the republicans but theres a pretty wide range of views in the democrats so that in any other country that didnt have FPtP it would be at least 2 if not 3 separate parties

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion