Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 Notification “Too many USB connections”

Options
  • 15-04-2021 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across this issue? My son’s PS5 has just started giving this pop-up when he tries to use the camera. He is using the adapter that you needed to send away for. He is using all 3 USB ports correctly.

He has the console about 2 months and there was no issue with the camera until now.

We tried the camera on the old PS4 console and it is working fine, without the adaptor so this is possibly the problem?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't get that error, but I noticed that when I had the VR headset USB in the back of the PS5, it wouldn't pick up the camera when I connected it to the back. Put the VR headset through the USB on the front, and the camera through the adapter on the back, and plug out any other USB cables. A bug they didn't cop I reckon.

Some sporadic reports online of people randomly getting it, some fixes such as different USB cables or a console reset. But that's not working for everyone either.

Further edit: From PlayStation -

Please note, HD Camera and PS Camera (with an adaptor) are not compatible with the USB Type-A port on the front of a PS5 console.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

I didn't get that error, but I noticed that when I had the VR headset USB in the back of the PS5, it wouldn't pick up the camera when I connected it to the back. Put the VR headset through the USB on the front, and the camera through the adapter on the back, and plug out any other USB cables. A bug they didn't cop I reckon.

Some sporadic reports online of people randomly getting it, some fixes such as different USB cables or a console reset. But that's not working for everyone either.

Further edit: From PlayStation -

Please note, HD Camera and PS Camera (with an adaptor) are not compatible with the USB Type-A port on the front of a PS5 console.

Sorry for late reply, we had tried everything so put in a ticket with Sony. They seem a little bamboozled by this as well. I think the adaptor they sent us is faulty so am hoping they replace it. They have escalated it further so waiting on their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Sorry for late reply, we had tried everything so put in a ticket with Sony. They seem a little bamboozled by this as well. I think the adaptor they sent us is faulty so am hoping they replace it. They have escalated it further so waiting on their response.

Sony finally replaced the adapter so all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Im getting this aswell, but have no camera adapter.

I think its down to the last firmware update. I have the base I got of amazon with the fan on the bottom and two charging port on the side. If I have it plugged into the front USB and sit the 2 controllers in it gives this warning now whereas it did not do it up until the last update.

Advertisement