Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewatching all seasons

• 21-12-2020 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Anybody able to rewatch the season's, sky Atlantic are going from start to finish. The first few seasons are so good, but just knowing where some of the characters are going to end up...... just makes you want to finish after season 4 or 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

yes im re-watching on blu ray, really enjoying it.

Just finished season 2.

I'd say there's a really noticeable drop off in quality after season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

The last season killed all rewatchability for me, its dead to me, never to be viewed again, i dont know why you would put yourself through it all again knowing its going to end in pure disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

From season 5, you just see each episode and character get worse and worse unfortunately, and as said, knowing what's coming in 7 and 8, just makes you either tune out of episodes or switch off altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

I am planning it but will have the finger on the fast forward button for any time I see Brandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

The last season killed all rewatchability for me, its dead to me, never to be viewed again, i dont know why you would put yourself through it all again knowing its going to end in pure disappointment

I haven’t found that at all - season 4 is still the best tv ever made. Really enjoyed s1-4 but I’m midway through season 5 and I’m really struggling - it’s so bad. I’ll finish it all though, with some fast forwarding.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Santan wrote: »
      Anybody able to rewatch the season's, sky Atlantic are going from start to finish. The first few seasons are so good, but just knowing where some of the characters are going to end up...... just makes you want to finish after season 4 or 5.

Catch the odd episode here and there. There will be never anything made for TV on that scale again.
      It is is such a shame they didn't seen it through with a good last so or three seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

Just caught the episode of Stannis burning his daughter tonight, was a much stronger scene than I remembered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Dante

I re-watched up to the end of season 6, the last two seasons were so bad that they're just not worth re-visiting.

Definitely agree that there was a noticable drop-off in quality after season 4 as the various stories got increasingly farfetched, although season 5 was still pretty good. I felt season 6 was relatively weak until the last couple of episodes which were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

893bet wrote: »
      I am planning it but will have the finger on the fast forward button for any time I see Brandon.

Just finished watching from start to finish!

Even better the second time round as expectations were lower.

The first 4-5 seasons really are special. The music. The dragons. The humour. The killing. The grittiness. Stunning.

Advertisement