Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The worst end to any story of all time.

• 22-06-2020 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭

I know it has been a year or more but I honestly think the dreadfulness of the last season, especially being so invested, is going to stick with me for my whole life

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Stan27

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I know it has been a year or more but I honestly think the dreadfulness of the last season, especially being so invested, is going to stick with me for my whole life

Yep, very rushed.
    It deserved a better ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

I know what you mean. I used to watch GOT repeatedly from season 1 until around season 5 when quality started dropping. There were still epic episodes aftwrwards like Battle of the Bastards but I just can't bring myself to watch the utter ****e that were the last couple of series again.

Lost was another show with an equally crap ending, but lost its way a lot sooner. GOT had so much more potential for a great ending that did the story justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It was so predictable for me the ending . Considering it was a show that surprised throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Considering I have no memory of creating this thread, and the time it was created I can only deduce that I was extremely drunk at the time :pac:

May have overstated it a little but it definitely sucked hard, especially after years of reading books and getting up or staying up for 2am premieres of new episodes.

The fact that it means this or something like it is what we have to look forward to in the remaining two books is an extra kick in the nuts, but I console myself that it doesn't really look likely that they'll ever be finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭pah

Every time I see Ads on TV for "stream every episode of these epic shows" on SKY and the like, I recoil in horror at the thought of having to watch that last season again.

I never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I queued up for the midnight release of A Dance of Dragons and was so excited to see the series being made by HBO. Adored the first few seasons and re-watched the lot before each season up until the fifth. The rushed ending was utterly heart-breaking and a genuine insult to the fandom they created.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Will_Ray

Disappointed with the ending😌

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alexandriya

yes it was the worst ending

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homelander

Watching House of the Dragon and hearing the GOT theme brought back the feelings of disappointment, rage, eventual acceptance that opens like an old wound sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jimdavey

watched very little GOT, BUT I STILLENJOYED IT

• Advertisement
Advertisement