Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prince Philip has died age 99

• 09-04-2021 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

Wouldnt exactly call myself a huge fan of Royal family or royalty in general, but Prince Phillip was certainly a colourful character, criticised often for not being the politically correct, saying what was exactly on his mind etc. Got some good quotes over the years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I'm going to miss his blatant racism

Surprised at myself to be slightly saddened by this

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

He was an naval officer in WW2, when i watch movies on the war it hard to believe there was still veterans around. Unfortunately less and less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Very old man dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wonder will Meghan be at the funeral?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

won't be long until Meghan gets accused of killing a 99 year old frail man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

He was the only fun one. The rest of them are very poor entertainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder will Meghan be at the funeral?

Will megan let Harry go to the funeral

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Daily Mail writer just now.

south-park-randy-marsh-internet-Over-Logging.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Car insurance premiums coming down in UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

His finest moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

He seemed like a decent sort until he opened his mouth and you realised he was a racist.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Their tabloids today

south-park-randy-marsh-internet-Over-Logging.jpg

He can wipe his arse with the toilet rags. I'm indifferent to Phil's passing, then again not invested with a self-loathing reverence towards royalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Hadn't said anything funny in years so not sure what people are "sad" about. But I actually think all of them seem ok as people (apart from Prince Andrew and the late Princess Margaret) just the sycophancy is grotesque.
    He can wipe his arse with the toilet rags. I'm indifferent to Phil's passing, then again not invested with a self-loathing reverence towards royalty.
    Wait for it, you'll be informed you do care about the British monarchy because you posted to this thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement