Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sharif Mick Wallace and Sharifa Daly in Iraq

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Sinners are going to surge next election.

Remember we never had them politically active here during the troubles. If this continues ...i see people voting for them more not less. And indies like this are NOT helping.

I mean of all the useless exercises that have zero to do with Ireland.

"Dr" Declan Hayes [...] wrote a frankly bonkers sounding book called Hitlers Fight For Irish Freedom.

A superb book. It takes pride of place on my shelf alongside his other seminal work 'Population Booms in Irish Lunar Colonies 1950-1980, A Retrospective'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Might just help with tensions rising after that thick cnut trump, id like to see the place myself

A superb book. It takes pride of place on my shelf alongside his other seminal work 'Population Booms in Irish Lunar Colonies 1950-1980, A Retrospective'
    :D

Sounds like you have interesting tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Every sexist comment in this thread just going to go unchallenged then i guess.

Nothing sexist at all.

Both of them are equal levels of gobshytedness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

On holiday in Iraq during a pandemic, the arrogance.

Optics definitely very bad, it should have been postponed

Disaster tourism, squared.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Optics definitely very bad, it should have been postponed

The EU released a brief and curt statement saying this was NOT a sanctioned trip and had nothing to do with it, they went further by stating all non essential trips are postponed just to add a little dig.

Whilst this trip could not be described as a holiday, I'm not at all sure what it was about. Completely pointless and provocative.

One thing that does amazes me is the fact, I'd doubt Wallace could find Iraq let alone Rosslare on a map if asked too.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Both have been on a permanent holiday since leaving for Brussels :)

• Advertisement

Dempo1 wrote:
    One thing that does amazes me is the fact, I'd doubt Wallace could find Iraq let alone Rosslare on a map if asked too.

They certainly don't come across as the sharpest, but I think they mean well, we have been largely ignoring the so called military industrial complex, just so we can maintain our American corporation stance

They certainly don't come across as the sharpest, but I think they mean well

I don't know there are a lot of people who don't mean half the political **** they say.

I mean who is to say later down the road we won't find out there was some financial incentive. I am not accusing. But I am wondering.

I don't know there are a lot of people who don't mean half the political **** they say.

True, but we must elect someone, I do suspect both mean well, and our relationship with this complex does need to be highlighted, we are suppose to be a nutural country, but that doesn't really seem to be the case in reality

True, but we must elect someone, I do suspect both mean well, and our relationship with this complex does need to be highlighted, we are suppose to be a nutural country, but that doesn't really seem to be the case in reality

i doubt they are on the level..i have low expectations of people i vote for tbh

They certainly don't come across as the sharpest, but I think they mean well, we have been largely ignoring the so called military industrial complex, just so we can maintain our American corporation stance

Wallace, sadly has proved time & time again there's always an agenda behind everything he does or says, whatever about meaning we'll both we're extraordinaryly ill informed and certainly clueless on the matter at hand. Miss Daly just seems to tag along with Wallace"s general absurdities.

I'm just trying to imagine any intelligent public representative looking at the video and photo's with a straight face and thinking, WTF, did I actually do that?

i doubt they are on the level..i have low expectations of people i vote for tbh
    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Wallace, sadly has proved time & time again there's always an agenda behind everything he does or says, whatever about meaning we'll both we're extraordinaryly ill informed and certainly clueless on the matter at hand. Miss Daly just seems to tag along with Wallace"s general absurdities.

I'm just trying to imagine any intelligent public representative looking at the video and photo's with a straight face and thinking, WTF, did I actually do that?

believe it or not, all politicians have an agenda, some well meaning, some not so

believe it or not, all politicians have an agenda, some well meaning, some not so

I agree but not all self serving or in Wallaces case, Mischievous, four letters come to mind NAMA

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I know plenty of people living in both these bellends constituencies who have spent the last 4/5 years attacking Trump Biden Boris etc etc and yet fair to see the irony here. Has politics in this country ever been in a worse place?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I agree but not all self serving or in Wallaces case, Mischievous, four letters come to mind NAMA

oh both of them are obviously mischievous, but i kinna like that, ah shur its impossible to know if other politicians are just as so, but we have to elect someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I know plenty of people living in both these bellends constituencies who have spent the last 4/5 years attacking Trump Biden Boris etc etc and yet fair to see the irony here. Has politics in this country ever been in a worse place?
    Pure and utter shambles.
    Our choices are either FFG or Sinn Fein to lead the next government. We would do much better with a group of Independents until they get their footing and form a party for the disenfranchised people in this country. FFG are truly appalling in their appeasement of a tiny minority and the manner in how they ignore the majority in their voter base. The protest votes against them in the next election will be even more substantial than the last one.

• Advertisement

Every sexist comment in this thread just going to go unchallenged then i guess.

<snip> yeah we're not going down that route.

As for the quoted post.. shtpEdthePlum if you feel there are sexist comments in the thread then please report them, as is the well known procedure.

BuileBeag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

oh both of them are obviously mischievous, but i kinna like that, ah shur its impossible to know if other politicians are just as so, but we have to elect someone

that's an interesting way to describe them

I doubt they actually have any agenda apart from enriching themselves and causing as much controversy as possible for a few head lines

they were an embarrassment before they were in Europe now they are an international embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Kivaro wrote: »
    Pure and utter shambles.
    Our choices are either FFG or Sinn Fein to lead the next government. We would do much better with a group of Independents until they get their footing and form a party for the disenfranchised people in this country. FFG are truly appalling in their appeasement of a tiny minority and the manner in how they ignore the majority in their voter base. The protest votes against them in the next election will be even more substantial than the last one.

Because Independents like Shane Ross did such a stellar job when they finally got out of the ditch and into power?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

This thread no longer appears to be light-hearted in fitting with the AH Charter.

It can however continue to be discussed in Current Affairs:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058176674

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement