Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunny D

Options
  • 17-03-2021 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Watching Juno at the moment. Whatever happened to Sunny Delight in Ireland. I have a vague recollection of It being worse for kids than Punk rock or Jimmy Saville. Is it still available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Haven't seen it in years. Possibly Dealz might have it but don't bet on it. I think it was found to have excessive artificial colourings and was turning kids orange or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Always heard that it “turned” some kid orange after he drank too much of it. Didn’t hear too much after that.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It went through a few recipe changes and rebrandings due to plummeting sales:

https://thetab.com/uk/2016/06/10/whatever-happened-sunny-delight-1810

The kid in Wales who turned orange/yellow
    was drinking 1.5 litres of it a day

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/too-much-sunny-delight-turns-girl-s-skin-yellow-1134703.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Iceland sells it .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I remember they had dedicated fridges for sunny d in some Tesco shops. This despite there been nothing perishable in there and the coldness making it even less drinkable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

10% fruit juice and fluorescent colouring.
    90% sugary water. Sugary not necessarily sugar.

Watching Juno at the moment.

Sorry for your troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I remember it being launched when I lived in the UK many years ago.
    Their marketing team did a great job, in fairness. It was everywhere in supermarkets. As mentioned, they had their own fridges, well positioned too!

Advertisement