Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you think life is as fun for an introvert?

• 02-10-2020 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Discuss

BRB can't organise impromptu dates
    BRB find social interactions jarring even tho idea of them seems good
    BRB never really getting to know people

Introversion is good but life seems funner as an extro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Discuss

They probably wont meet as many a$$holes though which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Yes.

I'm an introvert. Other people annoy me greatly and there is nothing I enjoy more than pursuing my hobbies alone.

TBH, everyone else can f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭jackboy

Discuss

The above is not really true. I think you are describing people on the spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

jackboy wrote: »
    The above is not really true. I think you are describing people on the spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What does BRB mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

No

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Discuss

I'm an introvert and have no problems with any of this. I prefer to schedule things as much as possible and can't stand the flakey stuff. Do it or don't!

Reasons i don't get to know people are either 1 of 2, their assholes or I've never met them. :D

Life’s only funner being an extro if your naturally that way inclined I’d imagine..Other wise it would be tedious and not very enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Discuss

I'm an introvert. None of the above is an issue for me.

Tbf I'd be happier at home on the couch than out in a mad social situation. That still does't stop me going on dates or having fluent chats with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

What does BRB mean?

Big red butt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What's with this 'BRB' shit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

they are all single

live with.parents

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    they are all single

live with.parents

Not all of us! Well, I am, but I'm not all of us.

I used to be an extrovert, and due to humanity in general I've turned into an introvert and I'm much happier in my life. People suck, and you don't need a large amount of "friends" or social activities to enjoy life. It's a myth which is constantly spouted by those who think they know how everyone else should feel.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hell is other people. L'enfer c'est les autres, JP Sarte. Discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It can be painfully lonely, but I am who I am

Yeah, I used to be reasonably social until my social circle was kind of invaded by the bad kind of extroverts.. I've somewhat receded from society..

Introverts like myself cope far better with lockdowns. But extros may find it difficult.

A hell of a lot of people who post on discussion boards are loners and enjoy the interraction without having to physically do it.

We are all diiferent, but I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Discuss

Isn't the whole point of an introvert meaning you make your own fun......

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It can be painfully lonely, but I am who I am

At the beginning of my introversion, I used to think the same. But if I think back enough, even surrounded by "friends" and being social, I was even more painfully lonely, especially at the end of the night when everyone went home with their significant others and I went home to a bad idea bottle of rum (which seemed the best idea at the time... ugh).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

At the beginning of my introversion, I used to think the same. But if I think back enough, even surrounded by "friends" and being social, I was even more painfully lonely, especially at the end of the night when everyone went home with their significant others and I went home to a bad idea bottle of rum (which seemed the best idea at the time... ugh).

Had to give up drinking myself, dangerous stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept, The Architect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I only need my siblings and my Wife and two daughters in my life to be happy.
    I can honestly say I wouldn't miss anyone else in this world if I never saw them or spoke to them again.
    Also, hand on heart the so called "Lockdown" this year hardly affected me at all.
    I just don't "do" other people
    Extreme introvert here and enjoy being one.
    My idea of Hell is large gatherings of people and have to make small talk and keep up conversations about meaningless sh!t that I have no interest in.
    Weddings are especially trying for me.
    Lighthouse keeper my dream job ha ha

Steve F wrote: »
    I only need my siblings and my Wife and two daughters in my life to be happy.
    I can honestly say I wouldn't miss anyone else in this world if I never saw them or spoke to them again.
    Also, hand on heart the so called "Lockdown" this year hardly affected me at all.
    I just don't "do" other people
    Extreme introvert here and enjoy being one.
    My idea of Hell is large gatherings of people and have to make small talk and keep up conversations about meaningless sh!t that I have no interest in.
    Weddings are especially trying for me.
    Lighthouse keeper my dream job ha ha

I could have written this post about myself. Glad I am not alone. I am quite sociable and have a good sense of humour, but in small doses please!

Don't get me wrong I enjoy gatherings, but not for hours and hours and hours of shyte talk as you say. We do have to play the game now and then, but it is a lot easier now with lockdown. Sorry all you extros!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Had to give up drinking myself, dangerous stuff

Best decision I ever made I reckon. Mind, I replaced it with weed, but that works far better for me. At least I can still adult when needed.

I could have written this post about myself. Glad I am not alone. I am quite sociable and have a good sense of humour, but in small doses please!

Don't get me wrong I enjoy gatherings, but not for hours and hours and hours of shyte talk as you say. We do have to play the game now and then, but it is a lot easier now with lockdown. Sorry all you extros!

I know what you mean about playing the game yes,there are times when being sociable is unavoidable,but I am always relieved when it over.As you said Covid19 has made it "easier"
    Do I see myself as "odd" or "strange"? Frankly no.
    I sometimes think other people doing all the same things as each other are the odd and strange ones.
    Doing something because it's expected of them.
    Just like Sheep 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'm an introvert and it's not true that one doesn't get to know people well. In fact, I'd say the small number of people I've gotten to know, I got to know them extremely well.

Don't like mixing with strangers, like at a house party, but if I already know people it's less of an issue.

Definitely not the life and soul of a party, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

What does BRB mean?

Boyd Richard Barrett

When I hear people going on about physical distancing and not being able to socialize I smile to myself and think "Well I've managed it quite easily for 57 years" 😄

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I'm an introvert and it's not true that one doesn't get to know people well. In fact, I'd say the small number of people I've gotten to know, I got to know them extremely well.

Don't like mixing with strangers, like at a house party, but if I already know people it's less of an issue.

Definitely not the life and soul of a party, though.

Quality of friends more important than quantity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Discuss

You keep saying BRB, but....
    dGMazIz.png

I'll Be Right Back...

Advertisement