Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

Hasn’t there been alot of ufo sightings in Boyle, co Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Defence Department confirms leaked video of unidentified aerial phenomena is real - https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/15/politics/unidentified-aerial-phenomena-defense-department/index.html

Navy's Top Officer Says ‘Drones’ That Swarmed Destroyers Remain Unidentified - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40071/navys-top-officer-says-mysterious-drones-that-swarmed-destroyers-remain-unidentified

Aliens or not - the US is definitely defining some sightings as UFOs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Clearly this is all just a sneaky marketing ploy by Toblerone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

tamara25 wrote: »
    Hasn’t there been alot of ufo sightings in Boyle, co Roscommon?

Yes. There was an unusual one in the 90's...

On the 21st of September 1997 an article appeared in the Sunday World newspaper describing a mysterious crash in the Curlew mountains near Boyle in County Roscommon. What was it? Conflicting reports emerged, there were stories of black limousines being driven by men in suits, men with foreign accents seen up on isolated country roads normally only used by farmers. Other stories started to circulate of mountain roads being closed off and army helicopters in the vicinity as well.

Source... https://www.ufosocietyireland.com/history/

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Skinwalker Ranch :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

On the 21st of September 1997 an article appeared in the Sunday World newspaper describing a mysterious crash in the Curlew mountains near Boyle in County Roscommon. What was it? Conflicting reports emerged, there were stories of black limousines being driven by men in suits, men with foreign accents seen up on isolated country roads normally only used by farmers. Other stories started to circulate of mountain roads being closed off and army helicopters in the vicinity as well.

I'm from Boyle & I remember the night well.

I fully believe nothing happened. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe there are others out there, in UAPs or whatever they may turn out to be. How would the Men In Black manage to get over to Ireland so quick on the night? Or is it the Irish branch, fir in éadaí dubha? Big Seamus running up the Curlews, tucking in his tie.

I think what happened was, a few prominent business owners in the town got together to try and create a bit of stir, and attraction towards a town that was dying on its arse. It still is.

The lady who headed up the UFO Society was big into promotion of tourism into the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm from Boyle & I remember the night well.

I fully believe nothing happened. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe there are others out there, in UAPs or whatever they may turn out to be. How would the Men In Black manage to get over to Ireland so quick on the night? Or is it the Irish branch, fir in éadaí dubha? Big Seamus running up the Curlews, tucking in his tie.

I think what happened was, a few prominent business owners in the town got together to try and create a bit of stir, and attraction towards a town that was dying on its arse. It still is.

The lady who headed up the UFO Society was big into promotion of tourism into the town.

The lad who made this up is Frank Shanley, do a Google search on Frank Shanley Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

maccored wrote: »
    Defence Department confirms leaked video of unidentified aerial phenomena is real - https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/15/politics/unidentified-aerial-phenomena-defense-department/index.html

Thanks for the link M. I used to work for the DOE (dep of energy) and I think the recent spate of government officials stating "we don't know what these things are flying near our military equipment" is a very big deal.

It sends a very strong message that they don't think they're enemy planes or drones as it's the policy of the US government not to release statements about airspace incursions or even hacking attempts without knowing the exact nature of the attack, aircraft and the foreign power responsible. This is because you don't want them to know that you don't know what they're capable of or who they are because it indicates a weak point in your intelligence. You have to understand that any intelligence agency is briefed extensively on this by the most intelligent men in government.

Absolutely stunning that on two or three occasions the US navy, airforce, Pentagon and CIA have stated that there are unidentified aircraft in US airspace.

The pilots in these encounters such as Chad Underwood or Dave Fravor have stated that the aircraft caught on FLIR (infra-red) had a dominant battlefield awareness. The radar operator in the encounter stated that the objects were moving in ways beyond our understanding of physics as we know it.

I have always said that there's not a lot of evidence to say that these are aliens but there's huge evidence for this being a mystery worth exploring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have a colleague from Boyle. Told me one night at the afters of a house party That the ufo story was a ruse to attract tourists and visitors so that tallies with other comments on thread

Ah but that's a long way off from pilots and aerospace engineers witnessing UFOs B.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Travis Taylor is the only sincere 'expert' on the internet.

Gives reasoning, examined and thought out theories.

And... Has more letters after his name than a post Office.

No BS - Just factual assessment(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

flanna01 wrote: »
    Travis Taylor is the only sincere 'expert' on the internet.

Gives reasoning, examined and thought out theories.

No BS - Just factual assessment(s)

And?

What's his take/explanation on UFOs ....

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

Space and time is immense, even if it doesn't look big on a graphic, it's bigger than words can describe and incomprehensible to most. To say aliens wilfully travel to earth, play chasing in the sky in their aircraft is beyond ridiculous. If there are aliens, we will never meet them. Space and time is too big. Sci-fi is just that. Whatever UFO's are, they are not aliens. And no technology can traverse it, even technology we can't imagine., The size and difficulty of travelling through space and time and the astrophysics' involved is impossible.

So if you rule out aliens, the only other explanation, that doesn't involve natural phenomenon which I don't believe for a moment, would be a breakaway group of humans who advanced far quicker than the rest of the world, and are hiding in a giant pod in the Atlantic, invisible to sonar. Like I say, ridiculous.

And?

What's his take/explanation on UFOs ....

Always looks for scientific explanations.

There are multiple different reasons for unexplained phenomenon, most can be scientifically explained by credible professional people.

Travis Taylor does not rule out alternative dimensions ''crossing over'' for want of a better word, into our Earthly plain...

He has actually seen and recorded numerous ''UFO'' activity, and rejects the theory of little green men in flying saucers paying us a visit.

There is too much science out there that we are still ignorant to. Just because we don't understand something, it doesn't mean it has exotic origins.

There are too many charlatans out there milking the gullible for every last cent they can squeeze out of them...

How long has 'Disclosure' been beating the drum?? How many former Area 51 anonymous sources have spilt their guts on Coast to Coast radio? How many more seasons of Ancient Aliens can possibly be funded....

Proper researched scientific study will more than likely explain most arial phenomenon that the untrained eye cannot understand.

The other stuff that can't be scientifically explained...

Enter Travis Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's all such bull, all these 4K cameras, and high tech military grade equipment, and all we've ever seen is a fuzzy dot that some people say is a duck flying.
    I mean what the flying duck! There has to be more Shirley

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There are multiple different reasons for unexplained phenomenon, most can be scientifically explained by credible professional people.

Travis Taylor does not rule out alternative dimensions ''crossing over'' for want of a better word, into our Earthly plain...

He has actually seen and recorded numerous ''UFO'' activity, and rejects the theory of little green men in flying saucers paying us a visit.

There is too much science out there that we are still ignorant to. Just because we don't understand something, it doesn't mean it has exotic origins.

There are too many charlatans out there milking the gullible for every last cent they can squeeze out of them...

How long has 'Disclosure' been beating the drum?? How many former Area 51 anonymous sources have spilt their guts on Coast to Coast radio? How many more seasons of Ancient Aliens can possibly be funded....

Proper researched scientific study will more than likely explain most arial phenomenon that the untrained eye cannot understand.

Enter Travis Taylor

Just to expand on this if I may. there is a phenomenon known as ball lighting that has been known since the 17th century. Scientists still can't fully explain what causes it. Even more perplexing is that scientists now think that half of all sightings of ball lightning are hallucinations caused by strong magnetic fields created during thunderstorms. they have replicated this in the lab where people exposed to strong magnetic fields start seeing luminous discs and lights. Call me a skeptic if you like but my first thought when it comes to UFOs is not aliens but a scientific phenomenon that we don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's all such bull, all these 4K cameras, and high tech military grade equipment, and all we've ever seen is a fuzzy dot that some people say is a duck flying.
    I mean what the flying duck! There has to be more Shirley

somebody posted a really clear video of one taken from a military plane. if by really clear you mean a bright fuzzy dot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Enter Travis Taylor

Just a pity he entered Skinwalker Ranch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Space and time is immense, even if it doesn't look big on a graphic, it's bigger than words can describe and incomprehensible to most. To say aliens wilfully travel to earth, play chasing in the sky in their aircraft is beyond ridiculous. If there are aliens, we will never meet them. Space and time is too big. Sci-fi is just that. Whatever UFO's are, they are not aliens. And no technology can traverse it, even technology we can't imagine., The size and difficulty of travelling through space and time and the astrophysics' involved is impossible.

So if you rule out aliens, the only other explanation, that doesn't involve natural phenomenon which I don't believe for a moment, would be a breakaway group of humans who advanced far quicker than the rest of the world, and are hiding in a giant pod in the Atlantic, invisible to sonar. Like I say, ridiculous.

Ufo's and "aliens" seem to move in a fluid skipping motion, different to this density.

Maybe interdimensional ? whatever that means

Enter Travis Taylor

Well said, and I agree with nearly all you say, but here's my predicament. I keep flipping between being excited & fascinated by what's to be revealed in June, but then I watch Mick West or Travis Taylor who utterly defuse and debunk all the mystery out of each and every case!

No it's not an orb travelling at warp factor ten, it's a duck skimming along the surface of the ocean.
    No, it's not a flying saucer, it's a far off aeroplane that looks odd & fuzzy (because it's too far away), and that Bat balloon, is just a balloon, and the swarming pyramids are just the result of an out of focus night vision lens :cool:

OK, I can buy into all that, but then how & why have US Navy experts and scientists not been able to come to the same conclusions? How come they don't know it's a duck, a balloon or an out of focus night vision camera?

Very hard to know what's going on really.

Eye witness accounts like David Fravor are hard to dismiss, and yet that's exactly what Mick West does, "Sorry but what Mr Fravor saw was nothing more than a reflection on his windscreen" the light was playing tricks on him, David Fravor then defends his sighting by describing (out of the ordinary flight characteristics) involving unnatural speed and altitude changes, and yet after hearing the debunkers we're back to square one.

Who's telling the truth?

Mick West only commented on the radar vides released and they make sense, his video on the most recent one really shows the UFO community are just throwing crap against a wall and seeing what will stick.

Mick West only commented on the radar vides released and they make sense, his video on the most recent one really shows the UFO community are just throwing crap against a wall and seeing what will stick.

But the UFO community will always do that, they want us all to believe that we're being visited by aliens from the planet Zog, and nothing less will do. What I'm saying is let's leave out the UFO community and concentrate on what the Pentagon & the US Navy releases, then weigh up what they're telling us versus what Mick West & Travis Taylor are saying!

But the UFO community will always do that, they want us all to believe that we're being visited by aliens from the planet Zog, and nothing less will do. What I'm saying is let's leave out the UFO community and concentrate on what the Pentagon & the US Navy releases, then weigh up what they're telling us versus what Mick West & Travis Taylor are saying!

This recent stuff (one of the three from last year was previously released on Above Top Secret, and there’s a chance two of the videos may be of the same thing) was released via people who can be best described as entertainers. There was also a group working within the Pentagon who were there as the result of political payback to Robert Bigelow. I think these releases are a combination of placating the UFO community and someone who wants to believe and is just releasing what they can.

Just a pity he entered Skinwalker Ranch.

And has applied scientific research there..

He recently stated that the entire Ranch could be sitting in an asteroid crater that may be highly magnetic, thus causing many of the arial sightings reported over the years

He has found radiation there, so something must be emitting that? Strangely, the
    the owners refuse to allow him to dig anywhere??

Travis Taylor has suggested several experiments he would like to conduct on the Ranch, any of relevance has been declined.

Mick West told 6 fighter pilots with over 4000 hours of flight time that they didn't understand their controls. He also told the radar operator that the radar was malfunctioning. His opinions are at odds with what the experts say on this.

i have some very strange photos from Boyle and a story to go with it. I cant explain the photos - though Ive no intention of sharing them (i dont want them in the public domain) - nor the story. not much point in actually mentioning either really, outside that Im not convinced about the generating tourism idea. Wouldn't say the photos I have are alien either mind you, but they are strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I like the idea of a breakaway group but I wonder if they "vamoosed" a little further.
    Perhaps the ones who seemed to be able to "morph" huge rocks all over the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

NIMAN wrote: »

If aliens are visiting us, why are they teasing us with just being a ball of light in the sky? Why not actually touch down and get out for a walk around?

Because of the Prime Directive, obviously.

Advertisement