Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Moncrieff had a lad on recently who was talking about his study of that object. Ruled out any chance of it being an extraterrestrial “space craft”.

Moncrieff allow all to talk without questioning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

The vast majority of the western world carry mobile phones now. We have access to instant high resolution video footage, and have done so for over a decade (Note - Talking decent pixels here)

Yet still no clear footage of these ariel anomalies exist.. (Note I stated the word 'clear')

More puzzling to me, is the lack of any signal from the heavens that hint of any other Civilisation existed before us....??

So... As previously stated, I don't think we are the only Planet in this vast Universe that has life (or) has harboured life, so where is everybody?

Im sorry, but I don't buy into all that flying discs malarkey... The zipping around the skies doing handbrake turns, the abduction of the select few to experiment on, only to return them to their respective bedrooms again, or indeed the precision laser removing of a cows lips just doesn't cut the mustard with me... In fact, I think it belittles the whole topic of extraresstial life out there.

There are millions of different species on Earth, yet we can't communicate with any of them. Sure, we can get a seal to clap, and a dog to shake paws, but can we really converse with any other species here on Earth - The answer is no.

Indeed, most of the other different species here on Earth try to avoid us, or don't even recognise us (think ant colony here)

I am interested in the theory, that all civillisations become extinct before they can evolve to super intelligence. Be this through natural catastrophic events like asteroid strikes, solar flares, greenhouse effects (where applicable) etc... And that's before we look at disease, viruses, global wars, self destruction etc..

The Earth has been around for billions of years, yet we are only around for a few seconds in the grand scheme of things - Why??

I suggest that mankind has been restarted several times.... And each and every time has met an abrupt end (bar the absolute few that carry on with the next rebirth). The crocodiles are from the dinosaur era, they kept surviving as others perished..

We keep finding unexplained ruins that allegedly pre date intelligent man - Think Goblike Tepi here, they say the Egyptians had only copper tools, yet precision drilling is seen everywhere.. The Pyramids were burial chambers, yet the structure within makes no sense at all.. There is so much that we choose not to see, or ignore as they don't match our narratives.

Just a few thoughts.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

flanna01 wrote: »
    The vast majority of the western world carry mobile phones now. We have access to instant high resolution video footage, and have done so for over a decade (Note - Talking decent pixels here)

Yet still no clear footage of these ariel anomalies exist.. (Note I stated the word 'clear')

exactly, plenty of footage of sneezing panda's and yet no defining proof of flying saucers or yeti's for that matter... or ghosts the list goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

fryup wrote: »
    exactly, plenty of footage of sneezing panda's and yet no defining proof of flying saucers or yeti's for that matter... or ghosts the list goes on

You need to get up to speed.They are hovering just above us in a parallel universe in the fourth dimension. Which makes them visible/invisible as easy as flicking a switch.

You need to get up to speed.They are hovering just above us in a parallel universe in the fourth dimension. Which makes them visible/invisible as easy as flicking a switch.

Please elaborate....

It's posts like this that belittle the subject.

• Advertisement

Please elaborate....

It's posts like this that belittle the subject.

Ok, have a look at this and open your mind. Instead of zipping across the Universe, our alien friends most likely come and go from another dimension.

Liveline today

so who was listening... and which of you UFO heads contributed to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Not necessarily... There will be a list of unknown or unexplained ariel phenomenon that was not clearly identified to satisfaction.

Ball Lightening is one such misunderstood phenomenon, as is clandestine military testing of airbourne prototype aircraft.

Like the Chinese or Russians are not trying to dip their toes in their adversaries air space...?

Sure that's one possibility but in this case I doubt that the US airforce will claim something as unknown if its a foreign adversary. On the other hand if it's China we're all screwed. The radar data on some of the encounters indicate speeds of up to 80,000 feet a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sure that's one possibility but in this case I doubt that the US airforce will claim something as unknown if its a foreign adversary. On the other hand if it's China we're all screwed. The radar data on some of the encounters indicate speeds of up to 80,000 feet a second.

That's about 50,000 mph in old money? The G forces involved in sudden acceleration in those tight turns would kill a human occupant?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

saabsaab wrote: »
    That's about 50,000 mph in old money? The G forces involved in sudden acceleration in those tight turns would kill a human occupant?

Not if the inertial dampeners, artificial gravity and the deflector array are all “online”.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

Not if the inertial dampeners, artificial gravity and the deflector array are all “online”.

She cannay take any more captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Or the special propulsion technology that causes blurry photos.
    https://twitter.com/tomdelonge/status/1374442882740875270

Liveline today

so who was listening... and which of you UFO heads contributed to it?

Some very interesting testimonies there especially from that woman in Cavan who saw a cube change to a sphere. Sounds very like the US navy UFO incident off the east coast of America in 2015.

saabsaab wrote: »

Yes of course it would. I don't have a good explanation for the phenomenon. However, that doesn't mean I can dismiss the observations because I don't understand them.

Well if you can manipulate the Higgs field you could produce inertial dampeners. However, there's limited amount of groups researching this currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BradyH

Listening to Liveline today made me remember something from back in 2010. I was a mature student cramming all night for an exam. It was roughly 5am, kids and husband all asleep upstairs, and I opened the back door and stood out for a cigarette. It's so peaceful at that time, but it was winter and still pitch dark. Something catches my eye and I look up. There's a light which I first assume to be a helicopter, too low for a plane, only about 100ft above the house. So I'm thinking it must be a rescue or police helicopter and then I realise there's absolutely no sound whatsoever. It passed over the house and I went back inside. My mind was trying to explain it, and I was like yeah well it must have been a.. Well then it had to have been a..?? Nothing could explain it. Not a sound outside, v calm clear night, and I should have heard helicopter noise or even drone noise, but nothing. Im still waiting for someone to tell me what it might have been. I don't necessarily believe it was 'aliens' I simply have no other explanation. I wasnt drinking etc stone cold sober, and sure I was most likely tired but this wasn't a flash of something then it dissappeared, I watched it approach and fly over.

do you reckon aliens created covid 19??

Here is the Colonel of the Belgian Air Force discussing the 1990 Ufo wave over Belgium and talks about two F-16 fighter jets tracking a UFO. Even the video of the radar is very similar to the US navy David Fravor incident in 2004.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Yes of course it would. I don't have a good explanation for the phenomenon. However, that doesn't mean I can dismiss the observations because I don't understand them.

I don't dismiss them either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

do you reckon aliens created covid 19??

Didn't create it but watch this if you have 12 mins, a video of psychics explaining how it was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hC7og_62I4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Steve012 wrote: »
    Didn't create it but watch this if you have 12 mins, a video of psychics explaining how it was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hC7og_62I4

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

How many people look up at the skies these days? Head hunched over looking down towards a screen is the norm these days.

Modern clear footage actually does exist. You aren't aware of it because it doesn't make RTE news. If you are looking for close up HD footage of an alien craft you won't get it from someone filming from the ground with a cameraphone.

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    How many people look up at the skies these days? Head hunched over looking down towards a screen is the norm these days.

Modern clear footage actually does exist. You aren't aware of it because it doesn't make RTE news. If you are looking for close up HD footage of an alien craft you won't get it from someone filming from the ground with a cameraphone.

Don't watch RTE News..

My point has totally eluded you.

Of the billions of high quality camera phones out there, I have yet to see clear footage of a suspected ariel phenomenon - Why do you think that is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

BradyH wrote: »
    Listening to Liveline today made me remember something from back in 2010. I was a mature student cramming all night for an exam. It was roughly 5am, kids and husband all asleep upstairs, and I opened the back door and stood out for a cigarette. It's so peaceful at that time, but it was winter and still pitch dark. Something catches my eye and I look up. There's a light which I first assume to be a helicopter, too low for a plane, only about 100ft above the house. So I'm thinking it must be a rescue or police helicopter and then I realise there's absolutely no sound whatsoever. It passed over the house and I went back inside. My mind was trying to explain it, and I was like yeah well it must have been a.. Well then it had to have been a..?? Nothing could explain it. Not a sound outside, v calm clear night, and I should have heard helicopter noise or even drone noise, but nothing. Im still waiting for someone to tell me what it might have been. I don't necessarily believe it was 'aliens' I simply have no other explanation. I wasnt drinking etc stone cold sober, and sure I was most likely tired but this wasn't a flash of something then it dissappeared, I watched it approach and fly over.

I was also listening to Joe Duffy that day, really enjoyed it, all the different stories about UFO’s. Has anyone seen the movie Hearts in Atlantis? Part of it is about the men in black.. the same think that man on liveline was talking about. Anthony Hopkins is in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Don't watch RTE News..

My point has totally eluded you.

Of the billions of high quality camera phones out there, I have yet to see clear footage of a suspected ariel phenomenon - Why do you think that is now?

Your point hasn't eluded me.

I posted this a while back. US pilot takes smartphone photo of UAP. Leaked from Pentagon task force. You have probably never heard of this. Your earlier statement of "Why isn't there clear evidence of Unidentified aerial phenomenon" is short sighted. This didn't make RTE news. That's why you haven't heard about it.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/amp34908126/leaked-ufo-photo-motionless-cube-shaped-object/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Or the special propulsion technology that causes blurry photos.
    https://twitter.com/tomdelonge/status/1374442882740875270
    And it blurs camera film, camera tubes and CCD sensors, and possibly magnetic tape too. Impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

Also they're remarkably good at avoiding telescopes, spy satellites, weather satellites, general satellites, places with lots of people who might see them.

Or indeed, any of the 2.71 billion smartphones out there, many of whom are owned by people who can actually use a camera!

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Your point hasn't eluded me.

I posted this a while back. US pilot takes smartphone photo of UAP. Leaked from Pentagon task force. You have probably never heard of this. Your earlier statement of "Why isn't there clear evidence of Unidentified aerial phenomenon" is short sighted. This didn't make RTE news. That's why you haven't heard about it.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/amp34908126/leaked-ufo-photo-motionless-cube-shaped-object/

You state this little nugget didn't make the RTE news..

That's just as well, as I have already stated I do not watch the RTE news..

The image you have posted, could be a helium balloon drifting in the sky. Just because the caption states it's taken by a US Pilot, it doesn't nessasarily mean it was..

What's a Pentagon Task Force?

And the image blurry...

Would it not have been prudent of the US trained Pilot to take video footage of the anomaly / balloon, rather than a still picture??

I think you may have misunderstood the context of my previous post(s)?

The amount of hi-tech phones with hd photo / video capabilities around the world, does not reflect the amount of fuzzy, blurred images being published as genuine ariel mysteries.

I can google thousands of crystal clear lightening strikes at the click of a mouse... Yet not one clear UAP???

I think you know where this is going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saabsaab View Post

From what know, they use anti gravity around the craft, thus eliminating G forces.
    Some craft move in jumps i.e they (for want of a better explanation) "type" in a location (I doubt they type it in anyway) close to them and jump to that, then repeat and jump, repeat etc..

Advertisement