Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

• 25-05-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

Have you every seen an unidentified flying object?

A UFO of course is just an aerial phenomenon that you can't explain (hence unidentified), & probably not at all connected to little green men from Mars.

So what are UFOs and have you ever seen something in the sky that you couldn't explain?

In the past many people have mistaken aircraft, weather balloons, silver party balloons, and even bright planets in the night sky as UFOs, but of course under scrutiny they usually have a rational & logical explanation. More recently drones have been mistaken as UFOs.

Then in the last month we've had video clips released from the Pentagon actually showing real UFOs filmed darting around at amazing speeds & doing manouvers that would be impossible for any manned craft to do. The G forces would be so powerful as to kill any human occupants, so what was witnessed by the US Navy pilots and the aircraft carrier radar?

Are UFOs terrestrial or extraterrestrial craft?

Illusions or really there, imagination or reality?

What are UFOs !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Cant really be illusions or imaginations if they're on video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ive never even seen Michael Schenker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yes I believe in UFOs. UNIDENTIFIED flying object.
    Unidentified being the point.
    It could be several things , birds,planes,balloons,flares including possibly aliens. Who knows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Why not, my nana point-blank refused to believe that man actually landed on the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Many years ago I saw something very strange in my housing estate. Myself and my friend were standing outside his house one evening when a hole opened up in the clouds and an object came down and shone a light on one of the houses. It stayed there for about 10 seconds and then went back up in the sky and the hole closed up again. This was before we had camera phones unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No. In the sense that I don't "believe in" the postman, but I have a fair idea he turns up most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Why not, my nana point-blank refused to believe that man actually landed on the moon

Ditto.

Wonder when we'll get to Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

We did land on the moon

Yep, 20th July1969, Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin.

“That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

cj maxx wrote: »
    Yes I believe in UFOs. UNIDENTIFIED flying object.
    Unidentified being the point.
    It could be several things , birds,planes,balloons,flares including possibly aliens. Who knows ?

This. UFO doesn't necessarily have to mean alien in origin. Plenty of things out there that we, the general public, don't know about. That's not conspiracy, that's just common sense. Of course there are government projects, private projects, etc that are purposefully kept top secret.

That being said, if there are actually any species alien to planet Earth reading this right now, give me a call please cos I don't relate to Homo sapiens at all! Think I'm probably from Uranus. Just don't abduct me or probe me anally or anything like that, that's all I ask! I just want to be friends!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

That's a multi-layered question.

We'll just take it as how you meant it. Do I believe flying saucers have visited earth? No. Do I believe life lives outside of our solar system and has the means to make a spacecraft that might resemble one and is capable of long-distance space travel? Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Cant really be illusions or imaginations if they're on video.

Any video I’ve seen of supposedly UFO’s are not very clear and questionable to say the least. I don’t know what videos you’re looking at to convince you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I believe that any alien civilization, capable of interstellar travel, will not be flying saucer-shaped thingies around our skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I believe that any alien civilization, capable of interstellar travel, will not be flying saucer-shaped thingies around our skies.

Plus I rather doubt they would want to actually get in contact with us based on how violent we are. Let's face it, if an alien was discovered today, especially in 'Murica, it'd be carted off to some place against its will never again to see the light of day; all in the name of 'science'.

Then again maybe I've watched too many movies.. .. ..

jaxxx wrote: »
    Plus I rather doubt they would want to actually get in contact with us based on how violent we are. Let's face it, if an alien was discovered today, especially in 'Murica, it'd be carted off to some place against its will never again to see the light of day; all in the name of 'science'...

tenor.gif?itemid=14049672

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

branie2 wrote: »
    We did land on the moon

What’s it like up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Have you every seen an unidentified flying object?

A UFO of course is just an aerial phenomenon that you can't explain (hence unidentified), & probably not at all connected to little green men from Mars.

So what are UFOs and have you ever seen something in the sky that you couldn't explain?

In the past many people have mistaken aircraft, weather balloons, silver party balloons, and even bright planets in the night sky as UFOs, but of course under scrutiny they usually have a rational & logical explanation. More recently drones have been mistaken as UFOs.

Then in the last month we've had video clips released from the Pentagon actually showing real UFOs filmed darting around at amazing speeds & doing manouvers that would be impossible for any manned craft to do. The G forces would be so powerful as to kill any human occupants, so what was witnessed by the US Navy pilots and the aircraft carrier radar?

Are UFOs terrestrial or extraterrestrial craft?

Illusions or really there, imagination or reality?

What are UFOs !

i doubt il ever see one but its possible some people have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Yes and I believe in many conspiracies but wouldn't care so much if they were false or true. Don't obsess over them.

I personally think (and I've read this theory before) that aliens that came here from another planet/dimension actually wanted to test humans reactions to an extraterrestial civilisation and thus created ambiguous alien reports that make some people think aliens are ridiculous and others think they're credible. From a UFOlogist, the goal of some aliens is deception, they're trying to deceive humans. Give them 50% truth, 50% false.

So I think, contrary to what people say the government would allow movies, TV shows about UFO's if they existed. Some of these shows accurately portray aliens and some are total bull****. All designed intentionally to lead humans down a path (almost disinformation_. To mold their opinion on aliens so that when they do reveal themselves, it won't be surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What’s it like up there?

No atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Of course I do. I and several others with me saw several bright glowing circular orbs in the sky. stayed there for a good while too. A former ATC also admitted to me that he had seen them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

seen 2 ufo's with about 8 to 10 other people when we stopped our car on the road years ago, one was higher than the other, red in colour, the strangest part was there was no sound from them whatsoever, we all watched them for about 5-10 mins and then the 2 of them imploded and were gone, was the strangest thing i have ever seen in my life and will prob never see anything like it ever again.

remember a few weeks later i was in the doctors and on the radio they were talking about UFO's and sightings around ireland, a few people called in and described exactly what i had seen a few weeks earlier from around the same time, the hair stood up on the back of my neck. will never forget it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

And they’d say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What’s it like up there?

Cheesy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

About 10 years ago late at night my mam was out in the back garden bringing in clothes off the line. I was standing at the back door which was open. We both noticed straight in front of us in the sky there was a bright white light. There was a lot of stars so at the beginning I thought it was just one star was brighter than the rest. My mam said to me wasn’t it too bright to be a star and couldn’t be an aeroplane because it hadn’t moved in the 20 minutes since we’d seen it.
    All of a sudden the light shot across the sky over our house and vanished. This happened in the blink of an eye and there’s no aeroplane that could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

bangkok wrote: »
    seen 2 ufo's with about 8 to 10 other people when we stopped our car on the road years ago, one was higher than the other, red in colour, the strangest part was there was no sound from them whatsoever, we all watched them for about 5-10 mins and then the 2 of them imploded and were gone, was the strangest thing i have ever seen in my life and will prob never see anything like it ever again.

remember a few weeks later i was in the doctors and on the radio they were talking about UFO's and sightings around ireland, a few people called in and described exactly what i had seen a few weeks earlier from around the same time, the hair stood up on the back of my neck. will never forget it

By any chance would this have been 1993?..if so my experience is similar to yours in that one bright moonlit evening myself and my two friends happened to look up and saw a huge craft just hovering silently behind the clouds. Very eerie experience. And lo and behold a day or two later I remember hearing on radio, tv and in newspapers they were talking about a UFO wave over Ireland and Britain and reports from multiple sightings.

Two seconds on google just brought up this RTÉ report from the time.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0321/949136-ufos-over-ireland/

So OP, to answer your question, I 100% believe from my own personal experience that we are being regularly visited by inter-dimensional beings rather than interstellar beings.

So OP, to answer your question, I 100% believe from my own personal experience that we are being regularly visited by inter-dimensional beings rather than interstellar beings.

Interesting, very interesting theory.

Or is it possible that we share this planet internally & externally with life other than carbon based, on another level or indeed another dimension?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sarcozies

I'd say the vast majority of not all are government aircraft that they are testing.

It's hilarious how the height of all these sightings occured just before everyone and their mother had a high quality video recorder in their pockets :pac

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I think aliens COULD exist. But the evidence we have for their existence is just not good enough to believe it's true.

We might get more evidence in the future and then we'd have to re-evaluate. Bit unexplained flying objects are UNEXPLAINED. So they can't be used as evidence for anything until they're explained.

Two seconds on google just brought up this RTÉ report from the time.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0321/949136-ufos-over-ireland/

I love that.

RTE Reporter: It was strange, alien-like behaviour.

Chap with massive telescope: 'More than likely it was just a bit of a satelite, sometimes the casings...' (RTE fades to black and ignores him). :pac:

• Advertisement

I'll just leave this thing here:

14697480_f520.jpg

Advertisement