Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blackrock Boys engage in some of the greatest horseplay of all time.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Aye sorry, I need to brush up. I don't often have to speak quite that level of punchable twat!

It is called " getting Digs " or " handing out slaps", you will really need to brush up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

AllForIt wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the accent, it's the lingo I don't get. What's 'men just bleadin bluein left right and center', if that's what he said.

‘Bleeding blue and white’, those are the Blackrock College colours.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is called " getting Digs " or " handing out slaps", you will really need to brush up.

I haven’t been hit that hord since the night I walked into Clohessy’s in Limerick and shouted, “Mint juleps all round!”

daheff wrote: »
    I don't know who is saddest in this:

you for posting it
    them for recording it
    or me for listening to it :(

Yo dude, it's, yeah no, a total I'm going to have to say honour? for someone like you to be able to hear that sort of thing.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I haven’t been hit that hord since the night I walked into Clohessy’s in Limerick and shouted, “Mint juleps all round!”

How is " the Claw" Goosey, tell the man I owe him a pint.

I want my ear back as well.

• Advertisement

How is " the Claw" Goosey, tell the man I owe him a pint.

I want my ear back as well.

Good luck with the ear, Peter is very protective of his "collection". The man is a focking diesel-electric locomotive, as ever. :cool:

story-31492-31492-xlarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

There always has to be a 'Mork' in the group.

mmm mistake there Ledge...It's Morc .....Mork with a "C" keep up ....

Thonk you SOW MUUCH......

Don't mention it ....

Where do all the posh gits go to school in Limerick Goosey?

Is it Clements or Munch(k)ins ?

St. Munchin's, yes. Ardscoil Rís is also well regarded - North Circular Road, Noonan country, you know yourself. ;)

They go to Rockwell College in Cashel from all over, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Glenstal has a clatter of them anyway!

My aunt lived locally and used to invigilate state exams there, one student took exception to being invigilated and invoked Daddy's name (Daddy was a minister of state at the time).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Haha. Tell us more...

These Rock young fellas wanted to get into the races for free so their grand plan was to ask punters to pretend to be their father.

When I politely told them no they (hilariously with that accent of theirs) menacingly told me that "they'd see me inside." I said grand see ye then boys.

Suppose everyone needs their "thing" to feel hard in their youth even Rock heads, though I thought rugby would have sufficed for that.

I forgot about Glenstal. Hardcore stuff. In fairness I know some posh Dubs who boarded there. All nice lads.

Ard Scoil Rís sounds very pseudo modern. All the gaeil scoils' in the big smoke are essentially middle class havens as well. A lot of first generation Dubs, places like Stillorgan. These chunts not only get 10 % of everything they get wrong, but also get to slag the Rock and Michaels boys off for being posh. They are the worst imo. They go to the same nightclubs and speak with the same accent, when they choose to. It depends if they are talking to the Rock lads or having a few beers with the lads from Holy Child. They make it up as they go along.

But the sense of entitlement you get off a fluent Irish speaker is excruciating. Look at RTE or the department of education, it is full of them. These are the real clowns influencing Irish society, you can see it seeping out everywhere, it is revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭tritium

Hilarious to see folks who are usually at the front of the queue to defend other groups from the merest slight or hint of shaming rushing to get the proverbial digs in here.

It’s a bit pathetic tbh that they’re so unaware or disinterested in their own prejudices - I’m sure they’ll internalize some justification about privilege with no irony whatsoever and continue on their merry way.

I forgot about Glenstal. Hardcore stuff. In fairness I know some posh Dubs who boarded there. All nice lads.

Ard Scoil Rís sounds very pseudo modern. All the gaeil scoils' in the big smoke are essentially middle class havens as well. A lot of first generation Dubs, places like Stillorgan. These chunts not only get 10 % of everything they get wrong, but also get to slag the Rock and Michaels boys off for being posh. They are the worst imo. They go to the same nightclubs and speak with the same accent, when they choose to. It depends if they are talking to the Rock lads or having a few beers with the lads from Holy Child. They make it up as they go along.

But the sense of entitlement you get off a fluent Irish speaker is excruciating. Look at RTE or the department of education, it is full of them. These are the real clowns influencing Irish society, you can see it seeping out everywhere, it is revolting.

I agree, the gaelgóir crowd are a pain in the orse and should be shouldered in the sternum at every opportunity.

What's that about "if you focking virgins even get your Visa"? Did someone shove a dick in his mouth at the embassy to stop him talking and he thinks that's how it works or is this the banter? Throw the word virgin into a sentence somewhere in the vicinity of the subject and boom, humour achieved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

What's that about "if you focking virgins even get your Visa"? Did someone shove a dick in his mouth at the embassy to stop him talking and he thinks that's how it works or is this the banter? Throw the word virgin into a sentence somewhere in the vicinity of the subject and boom, humour achieved?
    Spot the virgin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

tritium wrote: »
    Hilarious to see folks who are usually at the front of the queue to defend other groups from the merest slight or hint of shaming rushing to get the proverbial digs in here.

It’s a bit pathetic tbh that they’re so unaware or disinterested in their own prejudices - I’m sure they’ll internalize some justification about privilege with no irony whatsoever and continue on their merry way.
    Aye. Tbh, these lads do grate on me - not because of their background, just the way they act. But I can't stand reverse snobbery. And it seems to be highly fashionable. Not just in terms of background but what your tastes are, if you hate seeing English butchered.

I got sneered at for saying the excitement over a Colleen Rooney tweet baffled me recently. Oh because THAT sneering is ok.

tritium wrote: »

I'm sure Oisín and Christian are blubbering in angst at the thought of the sub-100K crowd slagging them. The housecat can mock the lion, but that doesn't turn his purr into a roar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Aye. Tbh, these lads do grate on me - not because of their background, just the way they act. But I can't stand reverse snobbery. And it seems to be highly fashionable. Not just in terms of background but what your tastes are, if you hate seeing English butchered.

I got sneered at for saying the excitement over a Colleen Rooney tweet baffled me recently. Oh because THAT sneering is ok.

No, that was more someone making a fool of themselves in the public domain and acting like a 16 year old school girl on social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

All the gaeil scoils' in the big smoke are essentially middle class havens as well.
    M-middle-class...! Oh the humanity!

• Advertisement

I'm sure Oisín and Christian are blubbering in angst at the thought of the sub-100K crowd slagging them. The housecat can mock the lion, but that doesn't turn his purr into a roar.

I'd bet money they'll put this on their feckin Tinder or LinkedIn or something like! The ol self confidence tends to be fairly teflon by that age in that crowd by my observation :pac:

Harsh enough Electro. It is also an overthink in fairness. Losing your virginity is a right of passage to teenage blokes. Lets face it these goys will probably be teenagers well into their early thirties.

If you are a "virgin", you are basically letting the side down. Possibly too ugly to " pull the birds". It is all about terminology, you cannot take it too literally.

You can actually be a virgin and call one of your peers " a focking virgin", you essentially accusing them of not keeping up.

This shít is deeper than you think Electro, these dudes are actually deep thinkers underneath it all.

Harsh enough Electro. It is also an overthink in fairness. Losing your virginity is a right of passage to teenage blokes. Lets face it these goys will probably be teenagers well into their early thirties...

Hah! Try fifties! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Someone should tell these twats that being molested in the shower by your teacher doesn't count but on the general topic all of these prospective Fine Gaelers should be drowned in buckets of their own piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I can't listen. Accent hurts my ears.

Ah gerrup de yaard, ya bowsie! Dere's worser accents an ah'!

:D

I'd bet money they'll put this on their feckin Tinder or LinkedIn or something like! The ol self confidence tends to be fairly teflon by that age in that crowd by my observation :pac:

To tragically misquote Father Fehily, it's all about making all the right mistakes. :D

Someone should tell these twats that being molested in the shower by your teacher doesn't count but on the general topic all of these prospective Fine Gaelers should be drowned in buckets of their own piss.

Passed over for the rugby team, eh? Two left feet and ten thumbs? Abundant neck-hair? Sorcha dating the fly-half instead of you, the focking cont? Isn't life tragic! :pac::pac::pac:

To tragically misquote Father Fehily, it's all about making all the right mistakes. :D

Onwards and upwards lads, just keep failing onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Sounding like Eoin Murphy is probably not going to not help you in an interview in today's modern Irish culture, its not an overt predigest it more subtle than that, but if there is a predigest against an accent its picked up very quickly by anyone with a bit of cop on and they will make an effort to modulate how they speak.

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »
    Sounding like Eoin Murphy is probably not going to not help you in an interview in today's modern Irish culture, its not an overt predigest it more subtle than that, but if there is a predigest against an accent it picked up very quickly by anyone with a bit of cop on and they will make an effort to modulate how they speak.

Sounding like Murph with definitely help you get the old Nat King in Annabel's! :D

Advertisement