Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Doctor Who quotes/one-liners

• 28-07-2017 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

There's a similar thread in the Game of Thrones forum so I figured it might hit off here.

What are your favourite quotes from the show?

I'll start off from the top of my head and will post again when I have a proper think.

"New teeth, that's weird" - Ten after regeneration

"I'm a mad man with a box.. without a box" - Eleven when the tardis becomes human

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the doctor and you're in biggest library in the universe - look me up" - Ten to the Vashta Nerada

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

“There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

House: Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords.
    Doctor: Fear me, I've killed all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

“All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?” – “The Eleventh Hour”

“Now the question of the hour is, “Who’s got the Pandorica?” Answer: I do. Next question: Who’s coming to take it from me? [Pause] Come on! Look at me! No plan, no back-up, no weapons worth a damn! Oh, and something else I don’t have: Anything to lose! So, if you’re sitting up there in your silly, little spaceship with all your silly, little guns, and you’ve got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who’s standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you and then, and then, do the smart thing: Let somebody else try first.” – “The Pandorica Opens”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I really loved the Doctor's speech about Fear being a super-power from 'Listen', and was a nice passing moment that demonstrated what separates Doctor Who from other shows of its ilk. It's a show that doesn't try to paint bravery or heroism as being about having no fear, rather that fear itself is actually OK, and that there's nothing wrong with being afraid.

(The clip has much of the actual scene, including said speech)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."

10th Doctor 'Blink'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

“We are all stories in the end, just make it a good one eh?” Matt Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Sontaran: We have an intruder!
    The Doctor: How'd he get in? In-tru-der window?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Steve_o wrote: »
    Sontaran: We have an intruder!
    The Doctor: How'd he get in? In-tru-der window?

:D
    That quote was first heard from Van Statten in the 9th Doctor episode "Dalek"

Advertisement