Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea green - New Housing development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Slight correction to the above - You can't get any provider thru an Eir duct.

You can get Eir or a reseller of Eir products .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Slight correction to the above - You can't get any provider thru an Eir duct.

You can get Eir or a reseller of Eir products .

Are you sure about that?

My understanding is the eir is obliged to allow other service providers to use their infrastructure. This obligation was enacted because eir and it's predecessors were dominant in the market.
    I understand there are current complaints being investigated by the regulator against eir by other service providers due to delays in repairing faults on shared/leased infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

What he means is that you can get any provider that is allowed to resell telephone and broadband over eir networks. What is of interest to most is if Virgin Media, which uses different technology over a different cable, will be brought into the developement. VM don't use eir's network for providing services.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hey all,

due to snag in the coming weeks and was looking into our broadband options as my wife works from home 1 day a week. Has anyone gotten Wicklow Broadband in, and if so are they any good? Otherwise what are people who are in now doing? I'm going to assume that we'll be waiting on a long term resolution......

Cheers,
    John.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

molloyjh wrote: »
    Hey all,

due to snag in the coming weeks and was looking into our broadband options as my wife works from home 1 day a week. Has anyone gotten Wicklow Broadband in, and if so are they any good? Otherwise what are people who are in now doing? I'm going to assume that we'll be waiting on a long term resolution......

Cheers,
    John.

Wicklow Broadband provides me about 6MB most of the time (it fails completely from time to time) for €40 per month. Compared to fibre it is not great, but if it is all you can get it is a lot better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mhogan1

I'm in Seagreen and have efiber since October as I was under contract with Eir in my previous house, they ran a line directly to my house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Mhogan1 wrote: »
    I'm in Seagreen and have efiber since October as I was under contract with Eir in my previous house, they ran a line directly to my house.

Can you post a screen grab of your speeds?

No notion how to do a speed test as it won't do it on my iPhone

Mhogan1 wrote: »

No notion how to do a speed test as it won't do it on my iPhone

You can download an app on the App Store for free. Just do a quick search for "speed test".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Doomy

Anybody else manage to get eir bb into their house on the estate yet? I tried before Christmas but got caught in limbo between eir a third party installer called knc (i think) and the builders.

Doomy wrote: »
    Anybody else manage to get eir bb into their house on the estate yet? I tried before Christmas but got caught in limbo between eir a third party installer called knc (i think) and the builders.

I got talking to eir who said they'd need to get someone to give me a call back. Still waiting for that. :pac:

Our snag date has been delayed again so have been more focused on that for now than broadband. But when I was speaking to them (the week before last) they said that nobody had broadband in SeaGreen at all.

I'm there and have broad band since October with Eir. There is a Facebook page set up for residents search Seagreen residents.

The network guys were installing cables for the phones just after Christmas so I'm not sure if the rest of the houses now have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hope it's ok to ask this but since lots of people here have recently bought houses just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a local solicitor for conveyancing.
    And if it's not ok to mention here could you pm me please.
    What's the going rate these days?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 am_88

Hi, wondering if anyone has recommendations for contacts to snag the house? We're due to began snagging in April (hopefully) so looking to get quotes. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Joeb124

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has made changes to the kitchen or other bits and pieces.

We are considering changing the kitchen and putting in a breakfast bar to the 4 bed house (converted 3 bed) and also changing location of radiators and electric fire (also changing fire).

Has anyone done anything similar? I am trying to visualise what the changes might look like and tonne honest struggling to imagine from plans

Thanks
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Papav3r

Joeb124 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has made changes to the kitchen or other bits and pieces.

We are considering changing the kitchen and putting in a breakfast bar to the 4 bed house (converted 3 bed) and also changing location of radiators and electric fire (also changing fire).

Has anyone done anything similar? I am trying to visualise what the changes might look like and tonne honest struggling to imagine from plans

Thanks
    Dave

Hey Dave,

We made some changes to our kitchen, put in a double oven and moved a few things around. I know someone that put in a breakfast bar too. Nolan's kitchens are well worth a visit to talk through what you want to do. We found them very helpful in clarifying the ideas we had.

Changing the location of radiators needs to be done early enough as far as I know. We removed the electric fire altogether and they are giving us 625 euro for it towards other changes we want to make.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Joeb124

Hi,

Thanks
    Dave

Joeb124 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave,

yeah we made a couple of changes. Double oven as well in the kitchen but that was it in terms of the units.

We changed the rads in the living room and the kitchen to upright rads and put them back to back either side of the wall behind the doors to the hall. Makes better use of the space.

We got rid of the electric fire as well. In a house that well insulated it's not really needed unless you like the aesthetic. And as Papav3r said you get a few quid back from that. Between moving the rad and getting rid of the fire you can free up a decent bit of space in the living room.

We also made some changes to the electrics and the wardrobes. Nothing crazy, but I'd say it's definitely worth having a think about where you want plug sockets and that as well as whether you want shelving in the wardrobes. We also have asked fora hdmi faceplate to be put in so that we can run the hdmi cables in behind the wall:

mdUtrLjPppcPmP-0x9JYp2g.jpg

Pretty handy if you want to mount the TV on the wall.

Another thing to note is that the light over the bend in the stairs in the show house doesn't seem to be standard and without it that area can be fairly dark. It's worth making sure they put that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lachtina

Hi Dave,

We made such changes to the kitchen. Added a breakfast bar and also modified most of the drawers to integrate bins etc. As mentioned Nolans were really helpful so well worth the cost.
    We moved radiators too, this has to be done at early foundation stages however.

Everyone we've encountered so far has been very helpful, we've a month or so to go before snag.

Thanks
    Dave[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nicolaf1

Anybody Recommend somebody for snagging?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bizl

I see that the developers of Seagreen haven't registered as a qualifying contractor yet for the Help to Buy scheme. It's strange that this has taken them so long, I hope there are no issues with them qualifying. They will have to pull the finger out or interest in the next phase will be impacted big time I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bizl

As of today they have been added to the list of qualifying contractors. Good news for anyone intending to apply for the help to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicolaf1

Anyone get an island done with nolans? What price is it about? Pm me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PocketTalk

Hi guys. just a question regarding the utility, will it fit a washer and dryer? (portland/wyndham type).
    if not where have people put the second appliance? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

PocketTalk wrote: »
    Hi guys. just a question regarding the utility, will it fit a washer and dryer? (portland/wyndham type).
    if not where have people put the second appliance? thanks.

It fits a combined washer and dryer but not both. The houses are on view tomorrow between 2 and 4 if you need to take another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I'm really surprised it doesn't fit both. Bit of a poor design in that case.
    Wonder how the 3rd phase sale went today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PocketTalk

thanks! yes i thoughts as much a bit annoying but not a deal breaker ultimately!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

I don't really use a dryer so not a major issue for me but I'll still buy a combo machine. That said, I don't have children so I'm not washing huge quantities of clothes... yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 kh2017

anyone know how you would fit a tumble dryer and washing machine in their 3 / 4 bed utilities

Advertisement