Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I buy booze before 12pm??

Options
  • 11-02-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Folks, is this rule still in place??? Need to buy a gift this morning!! cheers:D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

You can buy from 10.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Lisacatlover

You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as no one catches you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

yeah.. gift.. sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You can't buy booze in Lent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just cracked open a 2nd bottle of Hoegaarden. Relaxing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

You can't buy booze in Lent

Except on Good Friday, I think? I'm pretty sure you can buy booze on Good Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Move to heroin instead, I think you can buy that any time of day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

I wish...yep, it is a gift...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

get taxi to airport ? or train ? or any hotel/bar serving breakfast , if you are that badly stuck before 10.30 :eek:

Its 10:30 everyday except Sunday when its 12 for both pubs and off-licences. Very annoying if you want to start early on a Sunday morning but usually a few pubs open "unofficially" with the blinds closed etc so you can get drink earlier than 12 if you know where to go or are resident in a hotel also they will serve you early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Corvo

biko wrote: »
    Move to heroin instead, I think you can buy that any time of day

And you can pay for it with blowjo...

I've said too much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

maudgonner wrote: »
    Except on Good Friday, I think? I'm pretty sure you can buy booze on Good Friday.
    Only on a moving train if you are a Bona Fide traveller with a written dispensation from a level 5 cleric.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its 10:30 everyday except Sunday when its 12 for both pubs and off-licences.
    12.30 on sundays, there were stories of queues in supermarkets due to people waiting till they can buy the single bottle of wine for sunday dinner :rolleyes: heaven for-fend they were sold it at 12.25.

Sure everybody works 9 to 5 and obeys all the catholic "rules".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭SeanW

If you're near the Border you can go up North and get it any time the shops are open. Cheaper too and with a better variety.

Advertisement