Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winning the Euro Lottery

• 11-02-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭

Suppose you win a big haul in the Euro Lottery, say, 50 million Euro, you want to share your spoils with family and close friends.

Can you put all their names on the winning ticket and deem them to be syndicate winners as winnings are free of gift-tax?

If you put all their names on the ticket, do they all have to get an equal share or could you give some of them a greater or lesser share?

No, I haven't won, just indulging the fantasy of bringing a bunch of family & friends to National Lottery HQ. Just wondering how these situations are managed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

tippman1 wrote: »
    Suppose you win a big haul in the Euro Lottery, say, 50 million Euro, you want to share your spoils with family and close friends.

Can you put all their names on the winning ticket and deem them to be syndicate winners as winnings are free of gift-tax?

If you put all their names on the ticket, do they all have to get an equal share or could you give some of them a greater or lesser share?

No, I haven't won, just indulging the fantasy of bringing a bunch of family & friends to National Lottery HQ. Just wondering how these situations are managed?

I wouldn't tell anyone including family and friends, living the life of luxury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't tell anyone including family and friends, living the life of luxury

I'm the philanthropic type...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

My mum tried this when she won money on a scratchcard and got into all sorts of legal problems.
    Too much hassle for a tenner upon reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yes you can put all the names on a ticket and claim as a syndicate but it's for equal amounts as far as I know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement