Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prince Philip Dies - mod warning in OP. Read it or get yourself threadbanned

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

They just said on the news that Prince Philip died in the Queen’s arms.

The pubs aren’t even supposed to be open til Monday.

Yet again, one rule for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

buzzerxx wrote: »
    They just said on the news that Prince Philip died in the Queen’s arms.

The pubs aren’t even supposed to be open til Monday.

Yet again, one rule for them...

He died at home ...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

He died at home ...

1355331549061.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

1355331549061.jpg

Oh! I've make a tit of myself! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

I saw this on Instagram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I saw this on Instagram.

549929.jpg
    In 1937 a younger version of the same man marched alongside the Nazis. Not a great look, in hindsight.

In 86 he told a group of British students that if they stayed in Asia any longer they'd end up slitty eyed.

Here are the greatest hits:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-philip-quotes-jokes-gaffes-b1829205.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In 1937 a younger version of the same man marched alongside the Nazis. Not a great look, in hindsight.

In 86 he told a group of British students that if they stayed in Asia any longer they'd end up slitty eyed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-philip-quotes-jokes-gaffes-b1829205.html

He was 16 in 1937.

During ww2 he put his life on the line serving against the Axis. He was a war hero in the fight against the Nazis.
    Not like an intellectually pure keyboard warrior.
    Real life.

In contrast your post is an intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt hatchet job.
    In light of his conduct in the actual war a pathetic hatchet job at that.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

None of his sisters who married Nazis attended his wedding after the war. He was 16 and attending the funeral of his sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Much as I don't understand huge outpourings of grief, I do not think he was a nazi, or a person who was actually hostile to people of other cultures (tactless like lots of old people, yes) and seemed a good laugh and pretty decent sort.

That Kennedy story is lovely. A kind thing to do. And holding the little boy's hand - that's a very touching photograph.

Celchick wrote: »
    Much as I don't understand huge outpourings of grief, I do not think he was a nazi, or a person who was actually hostile to people of other cultures (tactless like lots of old people, yes) and seemed a good laugh and pretty decent sort.

That Kennedy story is lovely. A kind thing to do. And holding the little boy's hand - that's a very touching photograph.

I think that picture was taken in the UK a couple of years later when a monument was erected for JFK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Told that Ghana's parliament had only 200 MPs, Prince Philip mused: "That's about the right number. We have 650 of them and most of them are a complete bloody waste of time."

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The world is a small place!

Advertisement