Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No sound on Nes Classic Mini

Options
  • 07-04-2021 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi
    I just hooked up my nes classic mini to my desktop monitor via HDMI. I have pc speakers that i use. All sound is fine when im on HDMI 1 but when i switch to HDMI 2 for Nes i get no sound from speakers. I have tried different HDMI cables but issue persists.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did you check another device to see if there's sound on HDMI2?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Did you check another device to see if there's sound on HDMI2?
    Hi
    I plugged my desktop into HDMI 2 to test sound. I had to go to settings to choose my speakers as audio output and then it worked fine. The trouble is when im using that HDMI port for nes i cant access any settings screen to make changes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hi
    I plugged my desktop into HDMI 2 to test sound. I had to go to settings to choose my speakers as audio output and then it worked fine. The trouble is when im using that HDMI port for nes i cant access any settings screen to make changes.

Check to see if there is a setting on the monitor to get it to output sound in HDMI2. It seems to me that there's no sound on HDMI 2 on the monitor.

sugarman wrote:
    What make/model monitor is it?

It's a Dell SE2417HGX 23.6 Inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Gaming Monitor, 75 Hz, TN, 1 ms, AMD Radeon FreeSync, Thin Bezel, 2x HDMI, VGA, 3 Years Warranty, Black

sugarman wrote: »
    Heres the User Manual, but theres no audio options in the menu. It should just be through output.

Perhaps a silly question, you do have the speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the back of the monitor and not your PC, yeah?

Have you tried another pair or headphones while on HDMI 2?
    Not a silly question at all. I had speaker jack plugged in to PC. You are a genius. Thanks a million. All working now:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭itguyinaction

Big hello to everyone as I'm a new guy here.

From my experience usually most old consoles have problems with capacitors. Have you tried to look if all electrolytic capacitors look fine on the board?

Edit: Upps, I haven't noticed it's already solved. But still it might be helpful for some other guys having similar issues. Sorry for that.

Advertisement