Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handheld Hijinks Vol 1 - LLXL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

100% agreed. PSP is great for PS1/PSP games. I dont use it for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Always hated the PSP controls, it's a shame as it's a great little console. Don't know what they were thinking with the analogue stick placement/design.

Yeah it's a shame we never saw anything else come to market really like the NGP stick, it's absolutely gorgeous.

On a side point, remember before the Playstation Vita name was released and everyone was referring to it as 'NGP'?? They were a weird few months...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It really annoyed me as it was at that point I got really into Neo Geo Pocket collecting and would get excited everytime I saw NGP.

o1s1n wrote: »
    remember before the Playstation Vita name was released and everyone was referring to it as 'NGP'?? They were a weird few months...

Hahaha, yeah i do remember this!! Was it meant to be Next Generation Portable?!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Don't know what they were thinking with the analogue stick placement/design.

Made it easy for kids to access and use but more difficult for anyone with bigger hands. Mind you, apart from LittleBigPlanet there was nothing there for really young kids. Nintendo platform would have been a lot better choice when comes to kids friendly games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Made it easy for kids to access and use but more difficult for anyone with bigger hands. Mind you, apart from LittleBigPlanet there was nothing there for really young kids. Nintendo platform would have been a lot better choice when comes to kids friendly games.

Tearaway was outstanding on the Vita, as was/is TxK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Inviere

So after finishing all the modding etc, and sitting down to actually use the LL itself...I noticed the B button just wasn't to my liking. It felt soft and unresponsive. Despite being ok in menus etc, it just wasn't fit for gaming. I tried the usual disassembly and cleaning with isopropyl, but no joy. I got onto the seller, & they refunded me enough to buy a replacement YBXA button board (I was happy enough to do this rather than restoring it back to stock, sending it to Japan for a refund etc.)

I bought a genuine/new replacement board on AliExpress for ~€15 or so, and a voilla, it's like brand new again. Feels much much better.

Replacement board...

IMG-20210415-153811.jpg

Out with the old...

IMG-20210415-154128.jpg

IMG-20210415-154257.jpg

In with the new... (plus the main ribbon cable I clearly forgot about in the picture! Queue some head scratching when the unit wouldn't turn on :o)

IMG-20210415-154346.jpg

here's protective case

20210410-103222.jpg

20210410-103255.jpg

20210410-103603.jpg

20210410-103550.jpg

Advertisement