10-08-2018, 01:06   #46
reddanmm

After a failed attempt at optilaise my daughter got hers done at laservision.ie with John Fenton . I would highly recommend him for his professionalism and aftercare.
I found Optalaise to be like a cattle market . The place was packed. You weren’t left upstairs to the clinic until you paid first .
My daughter was told that because she moved her head they could not continue . They could not get suction on her eyeball and she came out of there in agony. We waited 8 months before we attempted it again. Had no problems with the laser vision procedure .
Best of luck.
Advertisement
10-11-2018, 07:59   #47
Big Nasty

Going to Optilase today for a consultation and not really sure what to expect re prices. They say they start at €795 per eye for 'Standard Treatment' which I guess is Lasik? The next tier is Lasek / PRK / Intralase @ €1495 per eye. No doubt they'll upsell! I gather the quoted prices are less Health Insurance discount? I already have a referral from a user here. So what should I expect to pay then? €2800 (€2900 - €100 referral)?

Thanks.
(2) thanks from:
10-11-2018, 08:10   #48

I considered getting this done years and years ago, but was told my eye sight was too bad (-10 ish in both eyes). I'm wondering if maybe technology has improved. Anybody with really bad eye sight that has had the procedure.
10-11-2018, 09:53   #49
Gingko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
Going to Optilase today for a consultation and not really sure what to expect re prices. They say they start at €795 per eye for 'Standard Treatment' which I guess is Lasik? The next tier is Lasek / PRK / Intralase @ €1495 per eye. No doubt they'll upsell! I gather the quoted prices are less Health Insurance discount? I already have a referral from a user here. So what should I expect to pay then? €2800 (€2900 - €100 referral)?

Thanks.

I paid approx €3290 4 years ago for Lasik. So you can expext to pay more then the initial advertised price. Very happy with outcome and found Optilase to be 100% re consultation check up, surgery itself and post care up to 12 months after. My eyesight was -3 both and of course 20/20 now. Obviously I also have a refferal if anyone needs one.
Thanks from:
11-11-2018, 05:55   #50
Big Nasty

Went for the consultation yesterday. My eyes aren't bad at -1.7 & -1.3. She demonstrated how laser would correct my long vision, which I'm currently wearing glasses for but said regardless of surgery I'd need reading glasses within 5 years. She suggested, because my prescription is quite mild, a better and cheaper option would be to get surgery done in one eye only (ever see people take their glasses off to read?). The theory is this will allow me to go without glasses altogether for cq. 10 years. I'm currently wearing just one contact lens to test this out. Not sure about it yet as my eyes were dialated yesterday after the consultation but it all seems good this morning. Anyone else have or hear of this being done?
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 08:14   #51
sarah23lou

I had my eyes done recently and while at a follow up I enquires about a friend of mine who is -10ish in both eyes. I was told they can go to -12 I think but that they do one eye at a time! You should ring and ask! When I initially rang about a consultation I was given my price over the phone! Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achasanai View Post
I considered getting this done years and years ago, but was told my eye sight was too bad (-10 ish in both eyes). I'm wondering if maybe technology has improved. Anybody with really bad eye sight that has had the procedure.
Thanks from:
27-11-2018, 22:12   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah23lou View Post
I had my eyes done recently and while at a follow up I enquires about a friend of mine who is -10ish in both eyes. I was told they can go to -12 I think but that they do one eye at a time! You should ring and ask! When I initially rang about a consultation I was given my price over the phone! Hope this helps

That's really helpful. I will look into it. Thanks!
01-01-2020, 13:31   #53
hobes

Just looking for a referral for Optilase (based in Cork if that matters) if anyone has one, cheers!
Thanks from:
01-01-2020, 13:32   #54
sportsfan90

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobes View Post
Just looking for a referral for Optilase (based in Cork if that matters) if anyone has one, cheers!
PM sent.
Advertisement
01-01-2020, 13:36   #55
hobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan90 View Post
PM sent.
Received, thanks!
Thanks from:
20-01-2020, 09:19   #56
hobes

So I went about my initial consultation with Optilase and I feel like I was quoted really high, I'm looking for some guidance here. Here is the quote I received:

Total cost: €4,460
15% insurance taken off: €3,790
€100 RAF: €3,690 (from sportsfan90)

I was expecting around the €3,000 mark so would like to know if anyone has had any different quote numbers recently from Optilase?

Thanks!
20-01-2020, 10:44   #57
lemmno

I paid €3500 in 2009 without any insurance so I’d say that’s right now over 10 years later.
Thanks from:
20-01-2020, 10:52   #58
reddanmm

Optilaise aren't the only ones in Ireland that do it . Have you tried other places . If you took a cancellation date with Optilaise they would do it cheaper .
Personally I found Optilaise was like a laser eye assembly line. . Place was packed and you were not left upstairs to the clinic until you paid in full.
We ended up cancelling and going elsewhere.
Thanks from:
16-02-2020, 17:24   #59
Dorans Pride

Can you drive after the consultation?
16-02-2020, 17:25   #60
hobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorans Pride View Post
Can you drive after the consultation?
No, not after the initial consultation, and most definitely not after the procedure itself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion