31-05-2016, 16:46   #1
mannu_cse

Laser eye surgery with optilase

I am planning to get laser eye treatment with optilase
Anyone who's got it done please share your experiences.
I am a software professional and work on computer so want to know how soon I can resume my work.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-05-2016, 16:54   #2
Ardent

Got my eyes done in optilase 10 years ago. No issues. A little dryness for the first few months.

Had a full independent eye check about a year afterwards and they said they never would have known I'd had eye surgery only for I told them.

I work with computers also. I remember I took a week off but I believe you can return to work after a day or two.
Thanks from:
02-06-2016, 10:55   #3
kenyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannu_cse View Post
I am planning to get laser eye treatment with optilase
Anyone who's got it done please share your experiences.
I am a software professional and work on computer so want to know how soon I can resume my work.
Went to optical express first as their ads state 895 per eye. Quote of over 5 grand.

Optilase are 3000 (lasek) or 3500 (lasik) but there is also 500 off at the minute if you do 1 year guarantee.
Lasek has longer recovery (5days) the lasik is 1 day.
Same procedures as optical express. ..

Laser vision.ie do 2500 I believe...
Might be worth looking into. I had a friend who got a good discount there
I'm looking into this heavily at the moment. I really didn't want to go above 2-2.5k as the treatments are quick and straightforward nowadays...

Anyone know anywhere that is around the 2k Mark?
I'll bite at 2k for sure
02-06-2016, 11:00   #4
mannu_cse

Hi Kenyard,

Thanks for reply, please keep me posted.
I guess LASIC is better for me as its quicker recovery.
I have VHI cover so will get 15% discount I guess. my budget is 3K.
10-06-2016, 12:02   #5
Gingko

I had Lasik done with Optilase in January 2015. Very happy with outcome! I had -3 prescription both eyes and now have 20/20! Dryness was a problem for me for about 3 months after and up to 12 months on and off due to my eyes been sensitive and I wore contacts for many years before.

But no dryness in recent months and no need for drops. Obviously being inside is a factor especially in winter with central heating which is bad for our general health anyway and those cold winter winds. I'm delighted with outcome and my quality of life has improved with more freedom and I will actually start saving money in another year. Have discount referral here if you need one and I got the surgery done at Ely Place by Wayne Crewe Browne himself! Both pre and post surgery was first class care! Any further info required about what to expect re pre, during and post surgery then PM me as happy to help! You can return to work after a couple of days.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-06-2016, 14:49   #6
jive

I had it done with Optilase in Ely place and it was all good. Dry eye first thing in the morning for a few months but other than that no complications. If working on a computer I'd take a couple of days off, if you had it done on a Friday you could be back in work on the Monday. I had it done on a Friday evening after work and was back in work Monday morning.

You can get a discount and also claim 20% tax relief. PM me if you want the discount or info on the tax back. I would recommend the LASIK for quicker recovery unless you have a reason to get the LASEK (if you are into boxing/mma training for example!).
(3) thanks from:
13-06-2016, 21:12   #7
lemmno

Please please please think about every little thing before you go for it. Get two more opinions about whether you're suitable or not, get your dryness levels checked, schirmer, TBUT, eyelids and glands. It's all well and good when it goes well but absolute hell if it doesn't. If you have 3 separate opinions telling you that you're suitable then give it thought, but not befor then! I apologise for pretty much telling you what to do but the less people that have to suffer the way I have then the better.
13-06-2016, 22:44   #8
Gingko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmno View Post
Please please please think about every little thing before you go for it. Get two more opinions about whether you're suitable or not, get your dryness levels checked, schirmer, TBUT, eyelids and glands. It's all well and good when it goes well but absolute hell if it doesn't. If you have 3 separate opinions telling you that you're suitable then give it thought, but not befor then! I apologise for pretty much telling you what to do but the less people that have to suffer the way I have then the better.
Sensible and important advise! Fair play Lemmno!
19-06-2016, 19:32   #9
rob180

Had my eyes done on Friday in Cork, so far so good. Was able to drive home on Saturday, after the next day check up.
Will be back at work tomorrow. Very please with the results so far. Got 10% extra (Couple)discount cos the missus had the procedures done at the same time as well.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-06-2016, 11:40   #10
rob180

Had my week after op check up yesterday.
Everything okay, just on the "Blink" eye drops now, four times a day.
Drove in the dark for the first time last night. Did notice some starburst and halo effect from oncoming headlights but not as bad as i would have imagine.
Eyes are still abit dry first thing in the morning but it's slowly getting less and less. Maybe due to the fact iam still taken my daily dose of cod liver oil, yuck!
So after a week of getting my eyes done. Iam very please with the result and healing process.
Next check up will be in mid-August and will let you folks know on my progress.
Thanks from:
10-09-2016, 00:35   #11
rob180

Hi all,
Just pop in to tell everyone that all is well after the mid-August check up. Next check up will be around November. There's virtually no dryness and I don't use any eye drops anymore.
It's still a novelty waking up first thing and see everything in the room so clearly. Every now and then before bed, I even sometime try to take off my contact lenses, still thinking I am still wearing them. Only realised "oh, i don't wear them anymore".
I am really enjoying my freedom without contact lenses and glasses. Best monies I ever spent on myself.
(5) thanks from:
10-09-2016, 09:43   #12
Gingko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob180 View Post
Hi all,
Just pop in to tell everyone that all is well after the mid-August check up. Next check up will be around November. There's virtually no dryness and I don't use any eye drops anymore.
It's still a novelty waking up first thing and see everything in the room so clearly. Every now and then before bed, I even sometime try to take off my contact lenses, still thinking I am still wearing them. Only realised "oh, i don't wear them anymore".
I am really enjoying my freedom without contact lenses and glasses. Best monies I ever spent on myself.
Tis a great feeling!
Thanks from:
25-09-2016, 18:44   #13
DFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob180 View Post
Had my eyes done on Friday in Cork, so far so good. Was able to drive home on Saturday, after the next day check up.
Will be back at work tomorrow. Very please with the results so far. Got 10% extra (Couple)discount cos the missus had the procedures done at the same time as well.
I am thinking of getting it done myself. Where did you get it done and was it expensive?
Thanks from:
25-09-2016, 20:50   #14
rob180

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
I am thinking of getting it done myself. Where did you get it done and was it expensive?
Hi DFD,
I had the surgery done in Opera Lane in Cork city. The cost was around €3150 for both eyes.This includes an extra 10% off as the missus had the procedure done at the same time as me.
25-09-2016, 22:26   #15
jive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
You can get €100 if you know someone who's had it done previously. If you need a referral for €100 off just send me a PM on here.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion