22-04-2021, 17:48   #4471
Xofpod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHaor View Post
Nope
And still nope here re vaccine appointment out of the James service.
Advertisement
22-04-2021, 18:01   #4472
Harry Palmr

If you got AZ then you'll be called on schedule which is 12 weeks after the first jab. You won't get a different one.
(3) thanks from:
22-04-2021, 18:03   #4473
Donutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumser View Post
Has anyone had an experience of not being able to attend their allotted vaccination appointment? Were you able to reschedule?

I got my first shot of Az a couple of weeks ago. I’ve no idea if I’ll be getting a second shot of it or if I’ll get a Pfizer jab. So I am unsure when I’ll get my second appointment. It is looking like we may have inter county travel in June and I am chomping at the bit to get away from Dublin for a break. Looking on Airbnb July and August appear booked out and June is very limited. So I want to book a week in June now. If my appointment arrives for sometime that week I’m nervous about the consequences. June 3rd would be 12 weeks since my first jab. Were they keeping to 12 weeks exactly? I know Pfizer was 4 weeks to the day.

Any ideas are welcome.
You'll definitely be getting the second dose of AZ if you recieved a first dose of it.

As for the 12 weeks, the guy that gave me my jab told my that it would be 12 weeks to the day but I haven't heard of anybody who have recieved a 2nd dose of AZ yet so we'll have to wait and see.
(2) thanks from:
22-04-2021, 21:15   #4474
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

Boom, getting it this Sunday, I am ecstatic. St. James vaccination center, which as far as I can tell is just on the main concourse of the hospital. Hopefully that means anyone else from here from St. James is soon to get the call.
22-04-2021, 21:17   #4475
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
You'll definitely be getting the second dose of AZ if you recieved a first dose of it.

As for the 12 weeks, the guy that gave me my jab told my that it would be 12 weeks to the day but I haven't heard of anybody who have recieved a 2nd dose of AZ yet so we'll have to wait and see.
did you get your first dose before or after they stopped giving it to the under 60s?
Advertisement
22-04-2021, 21:22   #4476
Taeholic

Quote:
Has anyone had an experience of not being able to attend their allotted vaccination appointment? Were you able to reschedule?

I got my first shot of Az a couple of weeks ago. I’ve no idea if I’ll be getting a second shot of it or if I’ll get a Pfizer jab. So I am unsure when I’ll get my second appointment. It is looking like we may have inter county travel in June and I am chomping at the bit to get away from Dublin for a break. Looking on Airbnb July and August appear booked out and June is very limited. So I want to book a week in June now. If my appointment arrives for sometime that week I’m nervous about the consequences. June 3rd would be 12 weeks since my first jab. Were they keeping to 12 weeks exactly? I know Pfizer was 4 weeks to the day.

Any ideas are welcome.

I was told mine would be 12 weeks to the day. I'm not sure if you can reschedule sorry
Thanks from:
22-04-2021, 21:23   #4477
Taeholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CramCycle View Post
Boom, getting it this Sunday, I am ecstatic. St. James vaccination center, which as far as I can tell is just on the main concourse of the hospital. Hopefully that means anyone else from here from St. James is soon to get the call.

Delighted for you CramCycle
(3) thanks from:
22-04-2021, 23:03   #4478
wiz569

My wife is getting hers tomorrow, referred from Tallaght hospital clinic.
(3) thanks from:
23-04-2021, 08:24   #4479
calfmuscle

I was called by my gp for vaccination on Wed as I'm type 1. I'm already fully vaccinated because of my work. But they must be flying through the vulnerable category now.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-04-2021, 09:01   #4480
Mumser

I was also called by my GP practice yesterday too but I got my first shot of Az through my diabetes centre nearly two weeks ago. It was two days prior to the halt on Az for under 60s.

Good news, bad news who knows. Was glad to get called but now I won’t be fully vaccinated until sometime in July and with a lower efficacy than friends and family who are not high risk. It is all relative though! My heart goes out to those suffering in India. Very scary and sad reading of the awful situation there.
(2) thanks from:
23-04-2021, 09:03   #4481
Johann.

Still waiting for a call, having been put forward by Beaumount. Delighted for all who have been called
Thanks from:
23-04-2021, 10:13   #4482
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

Quote:
I was also called by my GP practice yesterday too but I got my first shot of Az through my diabetes centre nearly two weeks ago. It was two days prior to the halt on Az for under 60s.

Good news, bad news who knows. Was glad to get called but now I won’t be fully vaccinated until sometime in July and with a lower efficacy than friends and family who are not high risk. It is all relative though! My heart goes out to those suffering in India. Very scary and sad reading of the awful situation there.
I would still see it as good news, the lower efficacy is still substantially better than many common vaccines and provides what appears to be good protection for almost everyone against the most serious of side effects of Covid 19. I am not a gambling man but the odds are in your favour in comparison to a) not getting one and b) negligible difference to getting a different one or being fully protected.
(2) thanks from:
23-04-2021, 10:15   #4483
uli84

Heard nothing from nowhere regarding the vaccine, i am with Mater
23-04-2021, 10:20   #4484

T2 Diabetic.
On tuesday got a text. Vax appointment organised by clinic in Tallaght hospital, for today in Citywest. In at 8.15am, out the door on way home at 9.15am Moderna vaccine.
Didnt feel a thing. Happy days.
23-04-2021, 10:31   #4485
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
The reports from family and friends on Moderna have been just dodgy arms the next day, one friend being a vet in the middle of an operation when their arm went a bit weird. But more symptoms from the second dose, which sounded similar to what I had from Astra Zeneca from my first dose.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion