Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freesat: ITV HD now on channel 103

• 20-10-2020 10:12am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you do a Freesat tune this morning, you will find that the HD version of ITV (and UTV I presume) has swapped with the SD version (channel 103 and 111 and vice versa).

This move has come about now due to a number of regional ITV variants launching seperate HD FTA versions recently.

If you chose not to manually do a Freesat tune, this update will most likely take affect automatically overnight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭decor58

celticfc wrote: »
    If you do a Freesat tune this morning, you will find that the HD version of ITV (and UTV I presume) has swapped with the SD version (channel 103 and 111 and vice versa).

This move has come about now due to a number of regional ITV variants launching seperate HD FTA versions recently.

If you chose not to manually do a Freesat tune, this update will most likely take affect automatically overnight.

Yeah, auto update on Humax and series linked planned recordings are still on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

decor58 wrote: »
    Yeah, auto-update on Humax and series linked planned recordings are still on record.

Not before time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a nice change, they should do the same with BBC One although the HD version is still on main just not first channel. Would love Channel 4 HD to return to the Freesat EPG, have it tuned in on FTA boxes.

M

I lost all my scheduled recordings across all channels, assume this update caused it.

I lost all my scheduled recordings across all channels, assume this update caused it.

Just checked, all my recordings are as planned,(Humax hdr-1100s).

• Advertisement
    M

Just checked, all my recordings are as planned,(Humax hdr-1100s).

I've the Foxsat, it's lucky to be still running at all I suppose, 10 plus years old.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I've the Foxsat, it's lucky to be still running at all I suppose, 10 plus years old.

Using my trusty Foxsat HDR here too (at least 12 or 13 years old) :) and all my scheduled recordings have remained in tact (including those on ITV HD).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

On an LG freesat tv with the overnight auto channel update enabled this change has resulted in the freesat quick access setting on the remote control losing it stored setting.
    It requires a satellite retune and reset of the quick acccess button. Simple if you know how to do this not so simple if you dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

jonnygee wrote: »
    On an LG freesat tv with the overnight auto channel update enabled this change has resulted in the freesat quick access setting on the remote control losing it stored setting.
    It requires a satellite retune and reset of the quick acccess button. Simple if you know how to do this not so simple if you dont.

I set up my parents TV to have DVB on '1' log press, and Freesat on '2' long press...does that mean this will be upset things? Going to be hard to get them sorted at a distance.

If they just had C4 in HD on 104 then I'd be very happy with Freesat.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

It depends on whether the auto update is left on or has been switched off. ON is the default setting. On the tv with it on then quick access button was cleared and had to be reset. On a second lg tv with auto update set to OFF then quick access still worked but UTV listings disappeared from the tv guide. it needed a retune to fix this as well.
    If it is not working then press the LIST button go to FILTER and select Antenna or Satellite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

jonnygee wrote: »

My 2018 LG didn't auto update even though it's set to. I did a re-scan and it put ITV HD as CH 103. My quick keys still worked (1 for BBC 1 Sat and 9 for RTE 1 DTT).

Different models probably react differently. As i said its easy enough sorted if you know how to retune. lots of people dont.
    The update that i am referring to is the "Programme list update" that is found under "Programme Tuning and Settings"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

MBSnr wrote: »
    My 2018 LG didn't auto update even though it's set to. I did a re-scan and it put ITV HD as CH 103. My quick keys still worked (1 for BBC 1 Sat and 9 for RTE 1 DTT).

My 2015 LG automatically swapped 103 and 111 - London postcode

Would of thought newer models would have done the same

I have a theory that what was happening was that when the tv updated the channel list overnight with the new channel list it used the London region as the default region. This was why the quick access button stopped working as it could not point to Northern Ireland listings any longer. A retune using Northern Ireland postcode was needed.
    As you already were using a London postcode then you got the correct listing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Channels 111 and 112 (itv+1) have gone off my tv today. Have they done away with these two channels? Plus one was handy for the soaps on days I have a zoom call at 7pm.

Channels 111 and 112 (itv+1) have gone off my tv today. Have they done away with these two channels? Plus one was handy for the soaps on days I have a zoom call at 7pm.

Are you on Freesat, if so ITV sd is still on 111 and ITV1+1 still on112 on my Freesat box, maybe unplug your TV for a short time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Are you on Freesat, if so ITV sd is still on 111 and ITV1+1 still on112 on my Freesat box, maybe unplug your TV for a short time.

Thanks, I'll leave it unplugged overnight. Yes I'm on frees at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Has UTV been removed from freesat?
    I did a reinstall of freesat and I have ITV HD in 103 now , I have my LG tv set to Strabane postcode . There is no 111 or 112 . However I can get UTV on FTA mode.
    Note after tuning freesat BBC london was set as 101 despite having Strabane postcode. I had to go into LGs customisable programme option to get the BBCs NIs but no there's no UTV option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Pangea wrote: »
    Has UTV been removed from freesat?
    I did a reinstall of freesat and I have ITV HD in 103 now , I have my LG tv set to Strabane postcode . There is no 111 or 112 . However I can get UTV on FTA mode.
    Note after tuning freesat BBC london was set as 101 despite having Strabane postcode. I had to go into LGs customisable programme option to get the BBCs NIs but no there's no UTV option

103 UTV HD
    111 UTV
    112 UTV +1

are all still listed on Freesat's website https://www.freesat.co.uk/tv-guide when you enter a NI postcode, so they haven't been removed. Plug out the TV from the wall and do a full rescan when the TV has been powered back on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

103 UTV HD
    111 UTV
    112 UTV +1

are all still listed on Freesat's website https://www.freesat.co.uk/tv-guide when you enter a NI postcode, so they haven't been removed. Plug out the TV from the wall and do a full rescan when the TV has been powered back on

Thanks
    The Epg updated itself and now has UTV HD etc , although oddly UTV HD disappeared then again ,, so I did what you said and plugged out and retuned, now it's working again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement