Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Our snags got completed anyway, so just waiting to close.

Foreman etc. were all very helpful and great in person with any last bits.

Foreman finishes up today so hopefully the new guy is as good because Nick was a great help so far

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Foreman finishes up today so hopefully the new guy is as good because Nick was a great help so far

Yep, was great with us. He did say the new guy is good and everyones in safe hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 robtr89

Hi All,

Just onto KN (the Sky Internet installers) and i've been told that they cant do anything yet as Eir havent laid lines.

Think we really need to push this with Eir to get their act together.

If all residents online could drop a simple mail requesting line set up in the estate we might see a finish line.

Email address as previosuly mentioned is: customercare@openeir.ie

Overall, its ridiculous from Eir, only two line providers in Ireland are Eir and Virgin, Virgin isn't even in Rush, so not sure why Eir aren't using their noggins on this one and getting their lines into an estate that will have 129 houses come the end.

Only workaround at the minute is one of the mobile broadband dongle's from one of the mobile providers.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

robtr89 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just onto KN (the Sky Internet installers) and i've been told that they cant do anything yet as Eir havent laid lines.

If all residents online could drop a simple mail requesting line set up in the estate we might see a finish line.

Overall, its ridiculous from Eir, only two line providers in Ireland are Eir and Virgin, Virgin isn't even in Rush, so not sure why Eir aren't using their noggins on this one and getting their lines into an estate that will have 129 houses come the end.

Only workaround at the minute is one of the mobile broadband dongle's from one of the mobile providers.

Cheers

I tried emailing them and got the below response:

“Hi,

Thank you for your email.

To ensure all end customers are treated equally and from a regulatory compliance perspective all communication into this department must come through your service provider.

Can I ask that you resubmit your request through your service provider please.

Your service provider will liaise and work in conjunction with this department on your behalf, ensuring an effective resolution is achieved for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Open Eir Customer Care”

Anyone else gotten anywhere with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 robtr89

I got a response from them with a case file number etc, is this just an automated email?

• Advertisement

I got a response from them with a case file number etc, is this just an automated email?

Yeah, that’s just an automated mail when you first contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

I also emailed them over a week ago and didn't get any response. Not very encouraging! Have followed up today.

Hi All,

Cheers

Email sent.

Eir are supposedly coming out to install a phone line in our house on Monday which after a weeks testing will tell them whether we can get internet through them. It doesn't really sound right but the lads in the call centre arranged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Eir are supposedly coming out to install a phone line in our house on Monday which after a weeks testing will tell them whether we can get internet through them. It doesn't really sound right but the lads in the call centre arranged it.

Sounds strange, alright. Like, if they decide that they can't do broadband, then... there's just no broadband for the whole estate?!

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the intricacies of this stuff, but according to this (which I know is just their planned rollouts), there's a cabinet on Brook Lane (right at the entrance to Brookford and across the road from Knightsgate) that's 'now live'. Its code is RUS1_024. So it's strange that they're saying that they need to test a phone line to see if they can do broadband?

• Advertisement

Yeah I've no faith that they're on the right track with it but we'll see what happens.

Plenty of work ongoing around the place since we moved in anyway, they've been redoing all the gardens and putting more vents in above the kitchen doors, hopefully they give a little more airflow to the kitchen because it can be quite warm in there with the door closed

Fully signed off and got our keys! A great relief.

Just need to get floors sorted and we can move properly.

Nice to have that done alright, we've been muddling along since last week with a half floored house but looks like it'll all be done by the end of the day

Nice to have that done alright, we've been muddling along since last week with a half floored house but looks like it'll all be done by the end of the day

Cool - yeah we feel no real point moving stuff until the floors are down. Will become too messy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aurawindsurfing

Hey Neighbours!

Congratulations everyone on taking the plunge and moving into the new estate! What is the current fiber/broadband situation? I would suggest using a 4G router for the time being like this one: https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/networking-and-connectivity/modems-routers/tp-link-n300-wireless-4g-lte-router.html if the 4G reception in the estate is good (4 bars+) you should be easily getting the same or better speeds then with Eir. This is what I'm currently using and I'm really happy with it.

Hey Neighbours!

Congratulations everyone on taking the plunge and moving into the new estate! What is the current fiber/broadband situation? I would suggest using a 4G router for the time being like this one: https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/networking-and-connectivity/modems-routers/tp-link-n300-wireless-4g-lte-router.html if the 4G reception in the estate is good (4 bars+) you should be easily getting the same or better speeds then with Eir. This is what I'm currently using and I'm really happy with it.

Interesting. So you just bought a SIM card and used that?

As expected the installer took one look at the place and said no go, we'll have to wait for fiber to be run to the estate.

Have signed up for mobile broadband with Three as a stopgap which is usable if a little slow and inconsistent

Yes just a SIM card. Three has a Pay as You Go plan called All You Can Eat for 20e a month. If reception is good you should be ok with that for the time being.

Did anyone heard a completion date for The Avenue 4 beds please?

Yes just a SIM card. Three has a Pay as You Go plan called All You Can Eat for 20e a month. If reception is good you should be ok with that for the time being.

Did anyone heard a completion date for The Avenue 4 beds please?

Cool. Technically I have unlimited data on my phone, but I think hotspotting a lot over time is a red flag for Three. Will see once we get in.

• Advertisement

No such thing as unlimited in Ireland as far as I know. It is always subject to "Fair Usage Policy" which in Three means 30GB which is plenty even for watching Netflix and YouTube ;-)

Was moving stuff in yesterday and spotted a Sky van at one of the houses. There was a guy putting up a dish.
    Chatted to him and he said much the same, no fibre yet. You can get a dish that'll get you your TV channels, but that's it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

To be fair, we live in Rush years now and that's pretty much always been the situation.(and I grew up in the area).That's what you get living in the shticks!Not sure if we can even get the broadband/tv package together yet either.Haven't bothered looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

Is there anyone commuting to city centre via bus/ train?

Have you been able to find an easy route to the train station without driving there?

I've been getting the Fingal Express which is working out well but it's once a day in both directions so only suitable for some people I suppose.

That picks up at the front of the estate by Tesco at 7.30 and I'm getting off at Leeson St at around 8.25-8.30

Dommi1 wrote: »
    Is there anyone commuting to city centre via bus/ train?

Have you been able to find an easy route to the train station without driving there?

I get the train... you can get any of the buses outside the Garda station which are pretty frequent between 7-8am (10/15 mins apart) The train itself will have plenty of room for standing but unfortunately seats are well taken by the time it reaches Rush.

Shadoy wrote: »
    I get the train... you can get any of the buses outside the Garda station which are pretty frequent between 7-8am (10/15 mins apart) The train itself will have plenty of room for standing but unfortunately seats are well taken by the time it reaches Rush.

What's it like getting the train, and then a bus, back to Rush in the evenings. Getting off the train you could be waiting a while on a bus I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

Thank you :) Looks like we will be using the Fingal Express to start off and see how it goes.

Another question: What bin company has anyone signed up with?

What's it like getting the train, and then a bus, back to Rush in the evenings. Getting off the train you could be waiting a while on a bus I guess?

It’s a bit hectic in the evening time between 5-7pm but I tend to get it after 7pm most evenings. The bus is not as frequent in the evening time, usually every 20 mins so depending on your train you might be waiting but so far I’ve only been waiting for a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

hey folks, can't believe i didn't notice this before but the block work above the double doors leading to the gardens is not finished on any house that I can see...all of the houses in the crescent that i can see as well as the houses that share the same row as the initial 3 bed showhouse...pretty shoddy as this is a.) an eyesore and b.) will ultimately let damp in.

Advertisement