If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't decide on a TV. Recommendations welcome

Options
  • 24-06-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I've been driving myself crazy reading TV reviews and can't decide on what to get.

I've narrowed it to:

The LG C8  the Philips 803 (as I have some Hue bulbs already) or hold out on a potentially lower price of the Samsung Q9FN

I've seen the C8 and Q9FN in person and both look equally impressive.
    I'm leaning towards the Q9FN as I may be able to replace the One Connect box to support HDMI 2.1/2.2 at a later date. Is that feasible?

I don't think there are any bad options above so I'm looking for something for mixed use of games and streaming services.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks, in case of doubt, this query is for a Richersounds to answer, as per Charter.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    I've been driving myself crazy reading TV reviews and can't decide on what to get.

I've narrowed it to:

The LG C8  the Philips 803 (as I have some Hue bulbs already) or hold out on a potentially lower price of the Samsung Q9FN

I've seen the C8 and Q9FN in person and both look equally impressive.
    I'm leaning towards the Q9FN as I may be able to replace the One Connect box to support HDMI 2.1/2.2 at a later date. Is that feasible?

I don't think there are any bad options above so I'm looking for something for mixed use of games and streaming services.

Thanks
    Hi cosgrove80,

Thanks for the post.

I would definitely recommend the OLEDs over the QLED TVs. The Q9 is a stunning TV but just can't achieve the contrast of the OLED panels. I would actually recommend the LG OLED55C8 which is a cracking TV. It has improved brightness over the B8. I have one on display and it stands out against every other TV for image quality.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I confirm £1,289 (with code) or €1,529 are the best price you can do on the C8?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I confirm £1,289 (with code) or €1,529 are the best price you can do on the C8?
    Hi cosgrove80,

That would be the best price but at that price I can include shipping and it does come with a 6 year guarantee.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.