Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fit Studios - Fairview?

Options
  • 11-06-2019 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what happened to Fit Studios in Fairview? It seemed to be a thriving gym and Steve seemed to be an excellent trainer.

Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Good question.. I'm not and never was a member but followed him on Instagram. Seemed knowledgeable and I enjoyed his no nonsense attitude to gym/training.

Has the gym completely shut?

Nothing since March on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

Good question.. I'm not and never was a member but followed him on Instagram. Seemed knowledgeable and I enjoyed his no nonsense attitude to gym/training.

Has the gym completely shut?

Nothing since March on Instagram

Trained there once. Like that, I enjoyed his knowledge and attitude towards training. The gym has completely shut and I think there’s something else now in its place. I’m not on Instagram but there Twitter has also gone quiet. I’d be very surprised if they want bang. Seemed to be thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

BikeRowSki are opening up there at the end of the month. They have a sign up over the door now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fafftastic

Not entirely sure what happened, used to train there a good bit but was away when it closed. Gutted it's gone, Steve was hands down the best trainer I've ever come across. Unusual the way it closed so quietly and suddenly, hope he gets through whatever is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fafftastic wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what happened, used to train there a good bit but was away when it closed. Gutted it's gone, Steve was hands down the best trainer I've ever come across. Unusual the way it closed so quietly and suddenly, hope he gets through whatever is going on.
    A lot of small gyms don't make it. They can't take the hit of the constant ebb and flow of members and the grind to keep people coming through the door. Chains can absorb it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Fafftastic

True that, but it had lasted long enough there and classes always seemed pretty full. Would have thought that if they were closing they would have announced it. He had posted about mental health problems before so if that's the case, hoping he comes out of it stronger than ever.

Advertisement