Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men's Leather Jacket in Dublin??

Options
  • 17-04-2019 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm heading to Dublin next month and looking to try on a few men's leather jackets. Really like the café Racer style. Like the Schott. And recommendations where to try? Don't mind spending a few bob on a good one as it will be an investment piece.
    I know there are other posts about this, but most are 5 or 10 years old. So looking for something more up to date!

Thanks in advance!
    lostgoat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lostgoat

Hey, thanks. Yes, that's the type I'm looking for exactly!
    What is the quality of Ted Baker like generally? I'm not familiar with them.
    I want to try on a few different types/brands to see which style/brand suits me best.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

I have the previous version of that jacket over two years now, still like brand new. Really well made, well worth the investment.

I have the previous version of that jacket over two years now, still like brand new. Really well made, well worth the investment.

Hey, I went to Ted Baker after and tried on that jacket. It was really beautiful. Unfortunately it just wasn't fitting me right. It was slightly loose in the waist while far too tight in the shoulders. That was a size 6 and they hadn't a size 7. But the waist would be just getting looser as I go up the sizes. Pity!
    Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Try all saints in William St in Dublin fantastic leathers

Have 3 of them myself and they have lasted years.

But if you have time would you take a trip down to kildare village to see what the outlets have?.

As you can grab a bargain and 1/2 picked up a diseal leather jacket a few years back for 200 down from about 790.

So it can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you will be travelling past Kildare Outlet Village then drop in a look there.
    Mind, it's not super cheap but a good selection anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

how much you looking to spend OP?

you could also try House of Frazer in Dundrum.

Kildare Village outlet too, it has a Ted baker and All Saints and various others you might get a good price.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies!
    I've been to Kildare Village before and it would be no problem to go again. I can check out some of the shops! Good idea, I never thought of it for a leather jacket.

mistersifter, when I was in Dublin in Ted Baker, I went to Brown Thomas (briefly as I had meeting), but tried on a Belstaff jacket. It was nearly 900!! (Am I mad??!) As crazy as ait sounds. I'm only planning on buying one jacket. It fitted very well, but it had ridging on the shoulders and a few other details that made it a bit too casual for me. I prefer the plainer jacket that can be smart casual. That make sense?

Thanks again guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Yah I think kildare will be the best bet then as I think there is at lest 6 shops that you will find a leather jackit in

Ted Baker
    All saints
    The kooples
    Diesal
    Hugo boss

I know for sure one of these will have something that you are looking for.

Some might be past season but to me a leather jackit once it fits properly on you will never go out of fashion.

Advertisement