Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

18-09-2019, 14:16   #16
Moomoomacshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabnabs View Post
GDPR only applies to a company or entity which processes personal data as part of their activities. Doesn't apply to individuals, private citizens or foghorn TDs.
Was just going to post same.
Advertisement
18-09-2019, 14:19   #17
TheBoyConor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorneTobyWilde View Post
I thought law changed regarding this. It's illegal for a guy to offer money for sex, but not illegal for a girl to accept. Something crazy like that.
He didn't actually ask for sex. And he didn't offer money.

And on the GDPR point, three conversation didn't reveal any personal data like names or phone numbers. It is just an anonymous conversation.
18-09-2019, 14:19   #18
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheValeyard View Post
Oooohhh Ding Dong GDPR

Or Dail privilege probably covers it.
Think you are taking my post a little bit too literally.
18-09-2019, 14:21   #19
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
everything
Really? Everything?
18-09-2019, 14:22   #20
the dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
Really? Everything?
Absolutely.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-09-2019, 14:22   #21
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
Its like prosecuting drug users but not dealers.
Except that in a lot of cases these women aren't 'dealers' by choice..

It's a false equivalence
Thanks from:
18-09-2019, 14:22   #22
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
Absolutely.
Cool
18-09-2019, 14:23   #23
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
Quote:
Am I the only one who actually doesn't really see an issue here, he made her an offer , she said no, thats it. Standard transaction really. Theres no duress or 'ill kick you out if you don't' its an offer she could decline handy, pure and simple.

Yeah, I'm a bit lost, too, to be honest.

I'm sure many tenants would probably love to have that choice. As you say, he didn't wrangle her into a 'get your clothes off or get your stuff packed and be out by 6' kind of situation.

The message seemed polite enough. Sounds like he was just chancing his arm and it didn't work out for him.

What I don't get about it, is how the message ended up on her twitter? did someone actually send it to her? I don't get that part at all. If I was gonna be propositioning a tenant, or if i was a tenant in the situation, I'm not sure how that would turn into a tweet by yer one... unless it's been made up on the spot.
(2) thanks from:
18-09-2019, 14:24   #24
Eric Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
Yeah, I'm a bit lost, too, to be honest.

I'm sure many tenants would probably love to have that choice. As you say, he didn't wrangle her into a 'get your clothes off or get your stuff packed and be out by 6' kind of situation.

The message seemed polite enough. Sounds like he was just chancing his arm and it didn't work out for him.

What I don't get about it, is how the message ended up on her twitter? did someone actually send it to her? I don't get that part at all. If I was gonna be propositioning a tenant, or if i was a tenant in the situation, I'm not sure how that would turn into a tweet by yer one... unless it's been made up on the spot.
its a trend, women screenshot any messages guys send them and upload them to twitter as a "woo look at all the attention I get" kinda thing.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-09-2019, 14:25   #25
Eric Cartman

Quote:
Except that in a lot of cases these women aren't 'dealers' by choice..

It's a false equivalence
not really, people are often forced to deal or mule to pay debts, many are trafficked into countries to work as low level dealers for high level ones. The industries are very similar in that regard.
Thanks from:
18-09-2019, 14:30   #26
lawred2

Quote:
not really, people are often forced to deal or mule to pay debts, many are trafficked into countries to work as low level dealers for high level ones. The industries are very similar in that regard.
our drug peddlers are predominantly home grown working for our own Irish born gangs so I wouldn't be so sure about the levels of trafficking.

Either way, I'd prefer to see the whole industry legalised and regulated. But while it's not, I think the purchaser should face sanction for knowingly and willingly supporting the trafficking of young girls.
Thanks from:
18-09-2019, 14:37   #27
soupandpoitin

Quote:
our drug peddlers are predominantly home grown working for our own Irish born gangs so I wouldn't be so sure about the levels of trafficking.

Either way, I'd prefer to see the whole industry legalised and regulated. But while it's not, I think the purchaser should face sanction for knowingly and willingly supporting the trafficking of young girls.
What if he only visits more mature irish women? What if it's other men he's paying?
What if a women hires a man?

You also can make the argument that punters are similar to drug addicts in that they are addicted to sex enough to pay a lot of money for it - and risk a criminal conviction.

However a bit off topic. This kind of sensationalism is nonsense.

Last edited by soupandpoitin; 18-09-2019 at 14:42.
Thanks from:
18-09-2019, 15:27   #28
padd b1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyConor View Post
There's absolutely no reason to believe that Coppinger didn't just concoct that WhatsApp conversation all by herself as the basis of a nice bit of anti landlord propaganda.
Like Clare Daly and her "Bart's People" letters during the Repeal campaign!
Thanks from:
18-09-2019, 15:33   #29
Scoundrel

Awww the poor landlords the most persecuted people in the land can't a creepy landlord suggest sex as rent without being judged and hounded by leftists?? Can't they make obscene profit off the desperation of others in peace? Can't they charge people to share a bed without judgement? Can't they put too many people in unsafe hellholes without interference? The poor creatures just trying to profit off the misery of others is all.
18-09-2019, 15:46   #30
Eric Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
Awww the poor landlords the most persecuted people in the land can't a creepy landlord suggest sex as rent without being judged and hounded by leftists?? Can't they make obscene profit off the desperation of others in peace? Can't they charge people to share a bed without judgement? Can't they put too many people in unsafe hellholes without interference? The poor creatures just trying to profit off the misery of others is all.
Mate can you show me what properties produce the returns to be one of these landlords, most that i know are making a few quid on top of the mortgage and the government bends them over arseways to make it barely worth it.

Also we have absolutely no confirmation that this guy is the landlord and not just the flatmate...
Thread Closed