Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland V Abroad

Options
  • 09-08-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Thinking of getting some work done on teeth as they are bad from years of sweet abuse. Will include 4 implants and some veneers. Contemplating going to Eastern Europe but wondering if the savings are really worth it compared to Dublin? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Redbhoy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thinking of getting some work done on teeth as they are bad from years of sweet abuse. Will include 4 implants and some veneers. Contemplating going to Eastern Europe but wondering if the savings are really worth it compared to Dublin? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Personally I would stay at home. Too much complex treatment carried out over a short period of time cannot be good, plus when you are back here and have issues, do you book another flight back?

Not worth it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I think this topic has been very well covered in the past. If you throw in a few country names into the search bar you will get the threads. They tend to get contensious, and those that are asking tend to want a certain answer, shills and confirmation bias posts abound. And us dentists look protectionist when we give the facts.

Its a mine field. Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

I think this topic has been very well covered in the past. If you throw in a few country names into the search bar you will get the threads. They tend to get contensious, and those that are asking tend to want a certain answer, shills and confirmation bias posts abound. And us dentists look protectionist when we give the facts.

Its a mine field. Be careful.

Thanks. I will do a more indepth search. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭kirving

I guess it's important to say too, that from what I've heard dentists here recommending against foreign treatment have nothing against the quality of work necessarily.

If you lived there, getting great treatment cheaper than Ireland wouldn't be an issue.

The complications arise in trying to make treatment cost + travel cost < Irish cost. And they do arise. What might be a simple (and free) call back to your local dentist for something to be refined the following week quickly evolves into a serious problem.

Most dentists here offer payment plans for more costly work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My wife's eastern European and gets work done at home if she is there for the summer, otherwise she gets it done here.

Ive had basic work done there to a standard I've never seen here but never contemplated anything major due to the risk of needing follow up treatment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Is there much of a difference in terms of the quality of training and qualifications dentists receive abroad in Eastern Europe vs Western Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Anyone have experience with this crowd and this procedure?

http://www.mydental.ie/teeth-in-a-day/#v_tab1

I've always toyed with the idea of getting a new set of teeth and getting implants and I might take the plunge in the new year. What's the deal with the above and how come it seems so reasonably priced?

Advertisement