Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 240 Holloway vs Edgar, Sat Jul 27th

• 23-07-2019 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

UFC-240-matchkort-1-1000x547.jpg

Main card

• Featherweight title fight: (c) Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar
    • Women’s featherweight: Cris Cyborg vs. Felicia Spencer
    • Welterweight: Geoff Neal vs. Nico Price
    • Lightweight: Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Arman Tsarukyan
    • Middleweight: Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Krzysztof Jotko
    Preliminary card

• Women’s flyweight: Alexis Davis vs. Viviane Araújo
    • Featherweight: Hakeem Dawodu vs. Yoshinori Horie
    • Featherweight: Gavin Tucker vs. Seung Woo Choi
    • Flyweight: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
    Early prelims:

• Flyweight: Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota
    • Welterweight: Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart
    • Heavyweight: Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos

Who wins? 31 votes

Max Holloway by KO/TKO
    74% 23 votes
    Max Holloway by Sub
    16% 5 votes
    Max Holloway by Points
    0% 0 votes
    Frankie Edgar by KO/TKO
    3% 1 vote
    Frankie Edgar by Sub
    6% 2 votes
    Frankie Edgar by Points
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ufc 240 Fight Night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

One of those main events for me where I kinda don't want either guy to lose. I'm picking Max but only because he looks near unbeatable at featherweight the last few years.

Cyborg should be finishing this inside a round to make a statement for a rematch. She is all but guaranteed one provided she wins and signs a new contract anyway of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

This card stinks so bad it looks like they've had to close the upper deck in the arena (or they are comping the whole upper deck). It's barely even a fight night card, the cards really have fallen off a cliff, I find myself not watching most now, where as I used to watch 90% of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Main event is really solid, rest really meh.

Think Max will handily dispatch Edgar, also can't see Cyborg losing against Spencer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Me reading the reactions to the thread I started

D4X2ubzXsAEBZrH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Terribly put together poll to suit the terribly put together PPV I see lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Autecher wrote: »
    Me reading the reactions to the thread I started

Fixed your poll and thread title - poll only usually has the outcomes of the title fight(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Upset on the cards with Frankie for the win?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Also frankie doesn't deserve this fight. On a 1 fight win streak.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm a major Frankie fan but I can't see him winning, not convinced he deserves the shot either after that bad Ortega loss and just one win.

• Advertisement

Autecher wrote: »
    One of those main events for me where I kinda don't want either guy to lose.
    Main event is really solid, rest really meh.

Which main event? :pac:

• I'm a major Frankie fan but I can't see him winning, not convinced he deserves the shot either after that bad Ortega loss and just one win.

Frankie had the title shot secured, all he had to do was wait for Holloway to be ready and the shot was his. Rather than sitting out and waiting for his title shot he decided to help save an event and fight Ortega on short notice.

Ortega won that fight against Frankie and he rightfully got the next shot after that fight at Max but its now Frankies turn! When Frankie fought Ortega he was being a company man and should be rewarded for it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Think Max will handily dispatch Edgar, also can't see Cyborg losing against Spencer.
    I know it was a ling time ago, But Edgar Maynard III proves Frankie doesn't get dispatched easily.

Max to pepper him for 5 rounds. I'd love Frankie to do it though.
    Which main event? :pac:

:confused: There's only one main event :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Frankie had the title shot secured, all he had to do was wait for Holloway to be ready and the shot was his. Rather than sitting out and waiting for his title shot he decided to help save an event and fight Ortega on short notice.

Ortega won that fight against Frankie and he rightfully got the next shot after that fight at Max but its now Frankies turn! When Frankie fought Ortega he was being a company man and should be rewarded for it in my opinion.

That is bizarre logic. Yes he risked his title shot and lost.

He also shouldn't have been guaranteed anything as he was only on a two fight win streak at that time.

Mellor wrote: »
    :confused: There's only one main event :confused:

Google has the Cyborg fight as co-main, seems to be the only place that has it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Google has the Cyborg fight as co-main, seems to be the only place that has it though.

Max and Frankie is the main event.

Mellor wrote: »
    Max and Frankie is the main event.

Yes, I know. Google, however referred to the Cyborg fight as co-main. Unfortunately I didn't check that that was the same everywhere so my attempt at a joke didn't land.

486398.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

But Cyborg v Spencer IS the Co-Main event.

I'm confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Can't help but think Max is coming back way too soon.

Max hasn't looked in trouble at FW. Think it may have been prudent to let an interim play out and return end of year earliest.

Can't see much incentive here. Or, another option may have been allowing ample time for his physique to be primed for LW.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think frankie will just about come up short but I do think he'll do better than most who've fought holloway and possibly lose on points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't been following MMA as much as I used to but this seems like a really bad card for a numbered event. But often it's these kind of cards that surprise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Frankie will be retired after this fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Great scrap so far between Pantoja and Figueiredo to kick off the prelims.

Damn. Great showing by Felicia though.
    Funny (and pretty unprofessional) Joe Rogan getting all confused over the main/co main 3/5 round thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,333 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cyborg was brilliant, surprised that Spencer was able to stay standing with all the punishment she took.
    I was wondering what Rogan was at, started questioning myself about whether there was some title I didn't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Cyborg looks and sounds like a total roid head

Cyborg looks and sounds like a total roid head

Quack quack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,333 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Max is just so good, so smart too.
    Good thing for Edgar in that fight is that he showed he still has a chin. He needed that after his last fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Edgar is done.
    Holloway is in a weird spot. Too weak for 55, but totallly cleaned out 45....biggest match now for max is a mctapper rematch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Edgar is done.
    Holloway is in a weird spot. Too weak for 55, but totallly cleaned out 45....biggest match now for max is a mctapper rematch

Why do people still say this? It's not funny or witty and makes you look like a 7 year old with the IQ of a brick

Advertisement