Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ronaldo donates 1.5 mil to Palestinians

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Berserker wrote: »
    Yeah, the Palestinian cause has no supporters around the world, whatsoever! How many countries in Europe support Israel and their actions in the area?
    Explain to me how things got better for Palestinians before Hamas came around, how the rest of the world stopped bad things from happening to them before Hamas came around, and how much Israel helped to facilitate things getting better for them before Hamas came around.

Because that was my comment, you seem to be arguing something else or may have misread it. And I'm not saying things have gotten better for them since Hamas came along either, to avoid any further confusion.
    Tear gas is fired when people try and break the fence. If/When people engage in peaceful protest, nothing happens.
    Would you like to see some videos of people getting shot by laughing Israeli snipers for doing things such as walking in a field, or kicking a football? They were pretty infamous but you appear to have missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Ah can’t beat a bit of PR Allow me to be a bit cynical on this one

I'm guessing that in these situations, the recipients probably prefer the PR-derived money than the gaseous student union arguments on their behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ronaldo is a legend. Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Indeed, not sure if he has much of a profile in America but his career is now finished stateside

I doubt with his millions, achievements, success and the love and respect he has around the globe, from fair, courageous and right thinking people, he will be overly concerned about the opinions of the ‘right’ or the ‘wrong’ in the US. He has the balls and integrity to speak up, fair play to him, better to win good friends AND loose wrong ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Nelson Mandela was once labelled a terrorist.

He promoted peace and reconciliation too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Nelson Mandela was once labelled a terrorist.

So was Gerry Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

He promoted peace and reconciliation too though.

And he is a useful figurehead when South Africans complain about the rampant corruption in the ANC

Advertisement