Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Woodie or Tim to win , I'd be happy if either of them did .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Woodie or Tim to win , I'd be happy if either of them did .

Same I fear one of the “circle of trust” will win :(

Loughc wrote: »
    Same I fear one of the “circle of trust” will win :(

I do too :(

Woody and Tim have remained true to who they are throughout the whole game imo , and they're genuinely lovely people !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I think Paddy, Time or Georgania.

I suspect Paddy, Tim, Sammy and even Woody have given Georgania 1st or 2nd preference.

Aw , Tim getting the viewers choice , delighted for him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone see how pi$$ed off Georgina was to find out that the winner would be getting €70k, not €100k?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anyone see how pi$$ed off Georgina was to find out that the winner would be getting €70k, not €100k?

Ha yep !
    She did not look impressed at all !

Not a Paddy fan but well done Tim/Woddy for voting for one another and then him and not Sammey or Georgina.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Glad Sammie didn't win but I feel Paddy won by default. He didn't really contribute much to the game. Glad Tim won the viewers choice, he played the game very well and read people completely correctly.

LizT wrote: »
    Glad Sammie didn't win but I feel Paddy won by default. He didn't really contribute much to the game. Glad Tim won the viewers choice, he played the game very well and read people completely correctly.

Luck of the Irish....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I wouldn't have guessed Paddy to win until they all sat down to meet and you could see how happy they all were to meet him. So glad he got it over Georgina who seemed disinterested when not being interviewed tonight and I don't think was as genuine as the others. Delighted Tim got the viewer vote :)

Busayo/Josh seemed so disinterested in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

LizT wrote: »

Yeah, fair dues to Paddy but wasn’t he the cute hoor! Let Sammie go out in front, take the hit and then sneak past! Bit like some of the Tory leader contests where the leading candidates get taken down and the less objectionable get the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I only watched bits and pieces of this.
    Last year I watched most of it, was the first year for it, but I thought it was just another add on to what is already a toxic culture of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc. So I didn’t really like it.
    I see Paddy has just won. I know from following unlikeable people in Instagram that he is already an Irish z-list celebrity, who just want to be famous and earn a living from reality/influencer industry. This win will help him a lot, and I don’t mean that’s a good thing. This Circle show is just awful.
    The best reality show currently on tv is The Challenge on mtv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Happy for Paddy that he won (and hoping there’s more winning for the Irish tomorrow!)

But I must say, I was surprised he did win. He was never that popular, he was never influencer, apart from his reveal about his disability, he didn’t seem to have contributed as much to the Circle compared with the other finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Happy that Paddy won - knew once Ella went that it would come down to Paddy and Georgina, and he came across much better in the interview at the end than any of the others.

Was it just me or did James look ill when he was being interviewed? Thought he played a great game and the hatred he's getting in the social medias for catfishing as Sammie is uncalled for - its a sad indication as to what the show could be like in the future if the viewers only want to see nicey nice players all the time instead of strategists and gameplayers who actually make things interesting; it'll be a nail in the coffin if the producers listen to that feedback and only put nice boring people who get along in in future seasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

If the winner is decided by the contestants how do you think it will go?

Tim: Woody will put him top, nobody else will
    Woody: Tim will put him top, nobody else will
    Sammie: Paddy will put him top, Georgina tactically may not. Tim & Woody will put him bottom.
    Georgina: Sammie will see her as a threat now & won't put her top, but may put her second (third at worst), Paddy will put her second, Tim could too
    Paddy: Can see Sammie giving him top spot, Georgina could too, tactically Tim & Woody won't have him bottom.

Is this between Georgina & Paddy to win? :eek:

If there is a public prize like last year Tim or Woody will take it easily

Pretty much spot on :) #selfpraiseisnopraise

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Pretty much spot on #selfpraiseisnopraise

But also pretty obvious too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

tedpan wrote: »
    But also pretty obvious too :D

Obvious to me & Colleen Rooney maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Happy for Paddy that he won (and hoping there’s more winning for the Irish tomorrow!)

But I must say, I was surprised he did win. He was never that popular, he was never influencer, apart from his reveal about his disability, he didn’t seem to have contributed as much to the Circle compared with the other finalists.

Totally agree with this. He contributed nothing to the show and he only won because others were voting the popular people down. So sorry that Tim or Woody didn’t win but at least Tim got the viewers prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I thought that Tim or woody would win the people’s vote, and I’m delighted Tim won. I wonder whether Woody’s rich parents meant that he didn’t get people’s vote - ie he doesn’t need the money and will do well out of this anyway in terms of future career? I felt sorry for Woody coming 5th, I felt that he would come a lot higher than that and was one of my favourite players. He seemed genuine, was funny and kind.

Was it just me or did James look ill when he was being interviewed? Thought he played a great game and the hatred he's getting in the social medias for catfishing as Sammie is uncalled for - its a sad indication as to what the show could be like in the future if the viewers only want to see nicey nice players all the time instead of strategists and gameplayers who actually make things interesting; it'll be a nail in the coffin if the producers listen to that feedback and only put nice boring people who get along in in future seasons...

I'd say the producers and sponsors would be happy enough, you can't beat a bit of controversy to get more coverage!

Yeah, Paddy mainly won because Tim & Woody cancelled out Sammie & Georgina and he sneaked through. Sammie & Georgina had to do the 'dirty' work in the blockings and as a result went down in Tim's estimation, whilst he rode on their coat tails!

Overall, different to last year - not sure the voting system is quite right yet as Tim proved to be immovable from the influencer spots apart from when Woody was voted by the public to decide. That wasn't good for the show, to have one person with so much say.

Sammie - disliked him from the start, but voted for him in the end as he put in the most effort and without his character it could have been very dull.

Georgina - might be sorry she backed Paddy rather than Ella or got into the wrong group. Mightn't have won anyway but had a decent chance. Bit pouty at the end.

Tim - began to believe his own publicity, what was with the carry on about him being insulted as he wasn't trusted. Clearly he had his own voting pals and should have been honest enough to admit that rather than pretending otherwise.

Woody - hadn't the guts to take his one chance to get rid of somebody, went for the easy option. Young but too fond of his image and played on the famous parents bit to the public. Surprised he didn't win the public vote.

Paddy - contributed little as above, as scheming as the rest. Think Georgina mightn't be too happy if she looks back at show how he was ready to up the ante and jump on the back of Sammie's enterprise and pull her in.

I think if Georgina has gotten rid of Paddy instead of Ella she could have won. It’s hard to know though, Sammie might have rated Georgina low if she didn’t get rid of Ella.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Finally cottoned on who I think of every time I see Tim - Robin Williams!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Really going to miss The Circle, but happy to have my early bed times back :D

I didn't like that Paddy won. He wasn't my cup of tea at all. The others had very kind words for him when they were rating, so clearly he was very good at portraying Mr Nice Guy in the game. The mean side of him that relished Ella being booted and that absorbed Sammie's revolution plan, clearly never came across to the other players.

In the end it was all about Tim and Woody vs Sammie and Georgina and pushing Paddy up the ratings as a result. No more no less. But it means a hell of a lot to Paddy and he has got an incredible attitude so it's not the end of the world by any stretch. Hope he enjoys the 70k!

All my moaning about Tim aside, he was clearly entertaining to many outside and inside the circle, so I'm happy he got the viewers vote.

The producers will need to think out the voting again and introduce some random factor on top of the contestants ratings. Maybe not for the final but something is needed for the blocking rounds to stop the same people being influencers all the time. Could be contestants picked at random and their ratings doubled or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah. The tactical voting, the catfishing, the brown-nosing are all key elements to the success of the show but thats both years now that very popular public favourites have finished bottom ( Dan, woody and Tim).

Letting the public have the final say and letting contestants know this would add more to the show. Players would know they need to play the game with both in mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I don't know. I like that the public vote isn't as key. It removes a level of responsibility from the program to the viewer. How many reality TV shows with a public vote do you hear accusations of a fix? It happened only last week with strictly.

I wouldn't want the circle infected with that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What I meant was the final vote (I.e. the one in the lastnight) should be by the public... all the others should during the show should remain as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What I meant was the final vote (I.e. the one in the lastnight) should be by the public... all the others should during the show should remain as they are.
    I disagree, I hate the fixation with public votes. The shows premise has nothing to do with appealing to those who are watching. It's about appealing to those playing the game, whether by being yourself or being someone else.

That's what the lesser people's prize was there for although based on reactions it did look like they were led to believe the top prize was 100k.

Advertisement