Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-09-2019, 10:41   #616
JDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
Property price register prices for new builds exclude vat @13.5%

Look at the specs of the apartments and it's superb.

The two beds are mostly 900+ Sq ft, some 1046sq ft. That's the size of a 3bed semi.

370k, @ 330k mortgage, €1400/month
When you put it that way....

And I have to say, the houses are really well built - excellent sound and heat insulation. I'd expect the apartments will be the same.
Advertisement
16-09-2019, 12:50   #617
nak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
Property price register prices for new builds exclude vat @13.5%

Look at the specs of the apartments and it's superb.

The two beds are mostly 900+ Sq ft, some 1046sq ft. That's the size of a 3bed semi
Not that I've seen, just bought a 3 bed semi that is on the smaller side for a new build and that is 1163sq ft.
16-09-2019, 16:18   #618
JDD

I'd say Darc means a small 3-bed (and perhaps not semi-detached). We moved from an end-of-terrace 3 bed house, built 30 years ago, which was about 950 sq ft. Really pokey for a three bed house, but would have been a great size if it was 2 bed apartment.
18-09-2019, 21:50   #619
Nika Bolokov

Can't see them getting 330k for a one bed. The one beds across the road in the gallops (nearly ) go for 250 to 270 that's a big premium. They also have parking in all cases and none of the blocks there are owned by a homeless charity or overlook an ESB station / the local tip which surely will be visible from the top floors.

At the absolute height of the property madness the one beds in the Gallops were 330k and it was justified then , during the crash they couldn't be sold for 145 and were rented out
18-09-2019, 22:31   #620
Darc19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak View Post
Not that I've seen, just bought a 3 bed semi that is on the smaller side for a new build and that is 1163sq ft.
These days people want more space, but many of the 1980's and 90's 3 bed semis were sub 1,000 Sq ft.

The 3rd bedroom was miniscule.

In the UK they'll squeeze 3 beds into under 900sq ft!!
Advertisement
19-09-2019, 20:16   #621
selous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika Bolokov View Post
Can't see them getting 330k for a one bed. The one beds across the road in the gallops (nearly ) go for 250 to 270 that's a big premium. They also have parking in all cases and none of the blocks there are owned by a homeless charity or overlook an ESB station / the local tip which surely will be visible from the top floors.
The tip closed in 2004, but it used to be a valley before the 30 odd years of rubbish went in and it became a "mountain",
The land/farm (Jamestown house) that was sold for it was bought for the staggering price (at the time) of £1million (punt) entrance to farm was where entrance is to council offices are now, but way down further.
19-09-2019, 21:34   #622
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika Bolokov View Post
Can't see them getting 330k for a one bed. The one beds across the road in the gallops (nearly ) go for 250 to 270 that's a big premium.
Don't know about the 1 beds in the Gallops, but the 2 beds are easily clearing 400k.

Quote:
They also have parking in all cases and none of the blocks there are owned by a homeless charity or overlook an ESB station / the local tip which surely will be visible from the top floors.
The 2 beds down the road in Kilgobbin are hitting 350k second-hand and they're not huge. I think with LUAS alongside, Jamestown Park, and big expansions to Carrickmines etc planned in the next few years, along with good schools and easy access to the Dublin mountains, these will be snapped up - but we'll see. It also helps that in this area you're going to get a lot of upper middle-class/professional types, so there will usually be less hassle with people not paying management company fees etc.

Biggest downside for me would be that it is going to be a long time before the landscaping etc matures - it's pretty grey in Clay Farm when I see it.
25-09-2019, 10:20   #623
Zoz

Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy an apartment in clayfarm. wanna take ur opinion about the area ? any safety concerns ? any antisocial behaviour or drugs ?
28-09-2019, 20:27   #624
Professor Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
Don't know about the 1 beds in the Gallops, but the 2 beds are easily clearing 400k.

The 2 beds down the road in Kilgobbin are hitting 350k second-hand and they're not huge. I think with LUAS alongside, Jamestown Park, and big expansions to Carrickmines etc planned in the next few years, along with good schools and easy access to the Dublin mountains, these will be snapped up - but we'll see. It also helps that in this area you're going to get a lot of upper middle-class/professional types, so there will usually be less hassle with people not paying management company fees etc.

Biggest downside for me would be that it is going to be a long time before the landscaping etc matures - it's pretty grey in Clay Farm when I see it.
Why would anyone pay more for Clayfarm than the Gallops?
Advertisement
28-09-2019, 20:33   #625
godtabh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Genius View Post
Why would anyone pay more for Clayfarm than the Gallops?

Its newer. Its closer to the luas. Closer to Sliab Rua school. Easier to access Dunnes
28-09-2019, 20:45   #626
Professor Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by godtabh View Post
Its newer. Its closer to the luas. Closer to Sliab Rua school. Easier to access Dunnes
The lower end of Ballyogan road is quite rough. There seems to be a problem outside dunnes with gangs of feral teens after it closes.
28-09-2019, 22:29   #627
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Genius View Post
The lower end of Ballyogan road is quite rough. There seems to be a problem outside dunnes with gangs of feral teens after it closes.
That end is certainly a problem area, and there can be a bit of low-level anti social behaviour on the LUAS as a consequence. With the exception of that though the whole Ballyogan area is largely well-off middle-class and pretty quiet, certainly an awful lot nicer than other suburbs which would attract first-time buyers. One problem is a lack of pubs/cafes etc., although the LUAS can take you into places like Ranelagh pretty quick, and there's one or two up Stepaside/Kilternan direction.
28-09-2019, 23:03   #628
Professor Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
That end is certainly a problem area, and there can be a bit of low-level anti social behaviour on the LUAS as a consequence. With the exception of that though the whole Ballyogan area is largely well-off middle-class and pretty quiet, certainly an awful lot nicer than other suburbs which would attract first-time buyers. One problem is a lack of pubs/cafes etc., although the LUAS can take you into places like Ranelagh pretty quick, and there's one or two up Stepaside/Kilternan direction.
Dunno where you are getting that idea about Ballyogan being well off. Anything beyond Dunnes on that side of the road down to the roundabout is a no go area. Clayfarm is quite close to this

Last edited by Professor Genius; 29-09-2019 at 13:30.
29-09-2019, 13:25   #629
Royale with Cheese

I see the same scummy looking teen wearing the same scummy looking grey tracksuit all the time down by the Dunnes there. I was looking at the Ballyogan estate on street view once and what do I see again? Same teen, same tracksuit.

I've been here nearly 5 years and have never had any issues in the area but I live up by the Gallops Luas stop and am happy enough to be that bit further away from the estate than Clay Farm is. The below happened in there last year which is absolutely fúcking nuts:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36858579.html
29-09-2019, 13:30   #630
pandoraj09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
I see the same scummy looking teen wearing the same scummy looking grey tracksuit all the time down by the Dunnes there. I was looking at the Ballyogan estate on street view once and what do I see again? Same teen, same tracksuit.

I've been here nearly 5 years and have never had any issues in the area but I live up by the Gallops Luas stop and am happy enough to be that bit further away from the estate than Clay Farm is. The below happened in there last year which is absolutely fúcking nuts:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36858579.html
They're gone from the estate now. The house they were in has been sold, renovated and a family living there now...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion