Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-09-2019, 10:41   #616
JDD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
Property price register prices for new builds exclude vat @13.5%

Look at the specs of the apartments and it's superb.

The two beds are mostly 900+ Sq ft, some 1046sq ft. That's the size of a 3bed semi.

370k, @ 330k mortgage, €1400/month
When you put it that way....

And I have to say, the houses are really well built - excellent sound and heat insulation. I'd expect the apartments will be the same.
JDD is offline  
Advertisement
16-09-2019, 12:50   #617
nak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
Property price register prices for new builds exclude vat @13.5%

Look at the specs of the apartments and it's superb.

The two beds are mostly 900+ Sq ft, some 1046sq ft. That's the size of a 3bed semi
Not that I've seen, just bought a 3 bed semi that is on the smaller side for a new build and that is 1163sq ft.
nak is offline  
16-09-2019, 16:18   #618
JDD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 337
I'd say Darc means a small 3-bed (and perhaps not semi-detached). We moved from an end-of-terrace 3 bed house, built 30 years ago, which was about 950 sq ft. Really pokey for a three bed house, but would have been a great size if it was 2 bed apartment.
JDD is offline  
18-09-2019, 21:50   #619
Nika Bolokov
Registered User
 
Nika Bolokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 441
Can't see them getting 330k for a one bed. The one beds across the road in the gallops (nearly ) go for 250 to 270 that's a big premium. They also have parking in all cases and none of the blocks there are owned by a homeless charity or overlook an ESB station / the local tip which surely will be visible from the top floors.

At the absolute height of the property madness the one beds in the Gallops were 330k and it was justified then , during the crash they couldn't be sold for 145 and were rented out
Nika Bolokov is offline  
18-09-2019, 22:31   #620
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak View Post
Not that I've seen, just bought a 3 bed semi that is on the smaller side for a new build and that is 1163sq ft.
These days people want more space, but many of the 1980's and 90's 3 bed semis were sub 1,000 Sq ft.

The 3rd bedroom was miniscule.

In the UK they'll squeeze 3 beds into under 900sq ft!!
Darc19 is offline  
Advertisement
19-09-2019, 20:16   #621
selous
Registered User
 
selous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika Bolokov View Post
Can't see them getting 330k for a one bed. The one beds across the road in the gallops (nearly ) go for 250 to 270 that's a big premium. They also have parking in all cases and none of the blocks there are owned by a homeless charity or overlook an ESB station / the local tip which surely will be visible from the top floors.
The tip closed in 2004, but it used to be a valley before the 30 odd years of rubbish went in and it became a "mountain",
The land/farm (Jamestown house) that was sold for it was bought for the staggering price (at the time) of £1million (punt) entrance to farm was where entrance is to council offices are now, but way down further.
selous is offline  
19-09-2019, 21:34   #622
hmmm
Registered User
 
hmmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika Bolokov View Post
Can't see them getting 330k for a one bed. The one beds across the road in the gallops (nearly ) go for 250 to 270 that's a big premium.
Don't know about the 1 beds in the Gallops, but the 2 beds are easily clearing 400k.

Quote:
They also have parking in all cases and none of the blocks there are owned by a homeless charity or overlook an ESB station / the local tip which surely will be visible from the top floors.
The 2 beds down the road in Kilgobbin are hitting 350k second-hand and they're not huge. I think with LUAS alongside, Jamestown Park, and big expansions to Carrickmines etc planned in the next few years, along with good schools and easy access to the Dublin mountains, these will be snapped up - but we'll see. It also helps that in this area you're going to get a lot of upper middle-class/professional types, so there will usually be less hassle with people not paying management company fees etc.

Biggest downside for me would be that it is going to be a long time before the landscaping etc matures - it's pretty grey in Clay Farm when I see it.
hmmm is offline  
25-09-2019, 10:20   #623
Zoz
Registered User
 
Zoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy an apartment in clayfarm. wanna take ur opinion about the area ? any safety concerns ? any antisocial behaviour or drugs ?
Zoz is offline  
28-09-2019, 20:27   #624
Professor Genius
Registered User
 
Professor Genius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
Don't know about the 1 beds in the Gallops, but the 2 beds are easily clearing 400k.


The 2 beds down the road in Kilgobbin are hitting 350k second-hand and they're not huge. I think with LUAS alongside, Jamestown Park, and big expansions to Carrickmines etc planned in the next few years, along with good schools and easy access to the Dublin mountains, these will be snapped up - but we'll see. It also helps that in this area you're going to get a lot of upper middle-class/professional types, so there will usually be less hassle with people not paying management company fees etc.

Biggest downside for me would be that it is going to be a long time before the landscaping etc matures - it's pretty grey in Clay Farm when I see it.
Why would anyone pay more for Clayfarm than the Gallops?
Professor Genius is offline  
Advertisement
28-09-2019, 20:33   #625
godtabh
Moderator
 
godtabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Genius View Post
Why would anyone pay more for Clayfarm than the Gallops?

Its newer. Its closer to the luas. Closer to Sliab Rua school. Easier to access Dunnes
godtabh is offline  
28-09-2019, 20:45   #626
Professor Genius
Registered User
 
Professor Genius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by godtabh View Post
Its newer. Its closer to the luas. Closer to Sliab Rua school. Easier to access Dunnes
The lower end of Ballyogan road is quite rough. There seems to be a problem outside dunnes with gangs of feral teens after it closes.
Professor Genius is offline  
28-09-2019, 22:29   #627
hmmm
Registered User
 
hmmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Genius View Post
The lower end of Ballyogan road is quite rough. There seems to be a problem outside dunnes with gangs of feral teens after it closes.
That end is certainly a problem area, and there can be a bit of low-level anti social behaviour on the LUAS as a consequence. With the exception of that though the whole Ballyogan area is largely well-off middle-class and pretty quiet, certainly an awful lot nicer than other suburbs which would attract first-time buyers. One problem is a lack of pubs/cafes etc., although the LUAS can take you into places like Ranelagh pretty quick, and there's one or two up Stepaside/Kilternan direction.
hmmm is offline  
28-09-2019, 23:03   #628
Professor Genius
Registered User
 
Professor Genius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
That end is certainly a problem area, and there can be a bit of low-level anti social behaviour on the LUAS as a consequence. With the exception of that though the whole Ballyogan area is largely well-off middle-class and pretty quiet, certainly an awful lot nicer than other suburbs which would attract first-time buyers. One problem is a lack of pubs/cafes etc., although the LUAS can take you into places like Ranelagh pretty quick, and there's one or two up Stepaside/Kilternan direction.
Dunno where you are getting that idea about Ballyogan being well off. Anything beyond Dunnes on that side of the road down to the roundabout is a no go area. Clayfarm is quite close to this

Last edited by Professor Genius; 29-09-2019 at 13:30.
Professor Genius is offline  
29-09-2019, 13:25   #629
Royale with Cheese
Registered User
 
Royale with Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,179
I see the same scummy looking teen wearing the same scummy looking grey tracksuit all the time down by the Dunnes there. I was looking at the Ballyogan estate on street view once and what do I see again? Same teen, same tracksuit.

I've been here nearly 5 years and have never had any issues in the area but I live up by the Gallops Luas stop and am happy enough to be that bit further away from the estate than Clay Farm is. The below happened in there last year which is absolutely fúcking nuts:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36858579.html
Royale with Cheese is offline  
29-09-2019, 13:30   #630
pandoraj09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
I see the same scummy looking teen wearing the same scummy looking grey tracksuit all the time down by the Dunnes there. I was looking at the Ballyogan estate on street view once and what do I see again? Same teen, same tracksuit.

I've been here nearly 5 years and have never had any issues in the area but I live up by the Gallops Luas stop and am happy enough to be that bit further away from the estate than Clay Farm is. The below happened in there last year which is absolutely fúcking nuts:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36858579.html
They're gone from the estate now. The house they were in has been sold, renovated and a family living there now...
pandoraj09 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet