Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Nora Plump Zombie

Having hair long enough that I can tie it in a top knot right at the very top of my head like a little sumo wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Just back from Sigur Ros concert, just music and people who agree in taste and dancing made me happy.
    I needed that release and joy for months. Now - to bed.

• failinis wrote: »
    Just back from Sigur Ros concert, just music and people who agree in taste and dancing made me happy.

I'm seeing them in London. Could have just as easily gone to Dublin, but wanted to make a proper trip out of it. Cannot say how excited I am.

Also.. I've returned three books on audible and I'm trying to find new ones. This makes me happy as I'm almost finished the one I'm listening to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

N'awwwhh! There's this fellow patient I've gotten chatting to around the corridors, a lovely fella, he had brain cancer and has had problems with his short-term memory since the surgery. We've started this game where, every time we meet, I tell him a random fact about myself and quiz him on it the next time I bump into him a few days later.

Today he was able to tell me everything, from the estate I grew up in, to my first boyfriend's full name, to my dad's profession, etc ... this is coming from a guy who couldn't even remember my name each time I met him the first couple of weeks! It's amazing and he was SO proud of himself today when he remembered everything I asked him, he said it absolutely made his day and he loves that he can see he's making so much progress! :D And he also said I've a lovely smile and it makes it easier to remember things about me, so that made my day, too! :D:p

N'awwwhh! There's this fellow patient I've gotten chatting to around the corridors, a lovely fella, he had brain cancer and has had problems with his short-term memory since the surgery. We've started this game where, every time we meet, I tell him a random fact about myself and quiz him on it the next time I bump into him a few days later.

Today he was able to tell me everything, from the estate I grew up in, to my first boyfriend's full name, to my dad's profession, etc ... this is coming from a guy who couldn't even remember my name each time I met him the first couple of weeks! It's amazing and he was SO proud of himself today when he remembered everything I asked him, he said it absolutely made his day and he loves that he can see he's making so much progress! :D And he also said I've a lovely smile and it makes it easier to remember things about me, so that made my day, too! :D:p

That's lovely. Now I'm smiling too :)

• Advertisement

When someone promises to buy me Olaf pjs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tea and cake at work this afternoon :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A bag of Cadbury's Buttons and a nice cup of tea while my son has a nice long nap :)

My friend has a two year old son. She sent me a video today, of him in the car, each time he saw a silver car "there Alexie". He only likes me because I let him jump on me, but I'm still happy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I just got into bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

A sly peroni after work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

My tortitude cat had lost her voice from PTSD as I was away from her for 3-4 weeks. The voice is almost back and she's up to her usual tricks like trying to sneak into the front living room where she knows she's banned.

My dogs little friend. She's outside my house all the time. This morning I let my boys out into the garden and she was so excited to see them she raced over and started licking their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Dogs on walks carrying balls in their mouths!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

failinis wrote: »

That was a good evening's entertainment! Also had some lovely pizza!

And I stayed in the city centre and took yesterday off work so I enjoyed plenty of craft beer...

Vel wrote: »
    Dogs on walks carrying balls in their mouths!
    Dogs riding shotgun in a van. Gets me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Shint0 wrote: »
    Dogs riding shotgun in a van. Gets me every time.

Driving by dogs who are out for a walk and just look like they're really enjoying being out. I'm sure their owners think I'm cracked as I'm usually grinning like an idiot at the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Driving by dogs who are out for a walk and just look like they're really enjoying being out. I'm sure their owners think I'm cracked as I'm usually grinning like an idiot at the dog

I quite often get funny looks from people out walking their dog, especially if it's a big fluffy dog like a GSD or a husky, because I just can't help smiling at the dog like a fool :o one day I might pluck up the courage to ask one of these people if I can pet it!

One I spotted previously in the driver's seat. I'm sure it wished its owner had a taste for bigger cars.

• I have a new nephew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Finding an eight year old unread email in my inbox and sending a read receipt to the sender :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Baby took her first bottle today! She's been exclusively breastfed and I want to be able to combo feed her expressed breast milk as well as directly from the source and she took to it like a champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Her smile

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

All the doggy posts :D

My dog gets insulted if people don't stop to pet him and have the chats :)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    All the doggy posts :D

My dog gets insulted if people don't stop to pet him and have the chats :)
    An English woman I met abroad (no Irish blood) brings her dog to the pub every Paddy's Day for a pint of the black stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Just after finishing a major piece of paper work that I've been putting off for months!!!

[Happy Dance]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The Carwash.

Winterlong wrote: »
    The Carwash.
    It might need a few goes because the stench of animal urine can linger :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The little boy next door who comes over to play with my dog, as his poor old dog is crippled with arthritis. My dog adores him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Going to Don Henley concert tonight and just heard there's no phones/cameras allowed...was really looking forward to it anyway but this news has made my day.ðŸ˜႒

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement