Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Not at all. It's simply another source of information that they themselves have made available to the general public.

Don't put anything on the Internet about yourself or family if you want it kept private. If you do post, lock it down.

Basically, it's of their own making.

For the life of me , I couldn't imagine why you'd want to look at the Facebook profiles of dead people and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

For the life of me , I couldn't imagine why you'd want to look at the Facebook profiles of dead people and their families.

Morbid curiosity tbh I'd imagine. We're curious beings. Some people simply have an interest in things like this and that's how Paul Williams and the papers like the Sunday World are kept in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

benny79 wrote: »
    Aren't all the getaway vehicles found partially burnt out! :rolleyes:

partially means not burn completely, evidence can be got, like that guy howard left dna on a mask and good garda work got him done for the hit on barr.
    Kinda morbid stalking that family.

i didnt name anyone i got from even though i was asked by a poster, ive posted a few times lock up their social media accounts and pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

partially means not burn completely, evidence can be got, like that guy howard left dna on a mask and good garda work got him done for the hit on barr.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/sunset-house-attacker-jailed-for-life-for-murder-of-pub-manager-1.3372430

The individual convicted in the Barr case is named Eamonn Cumberton, who be this Howard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

humberklog wrote: »
    Derek "Del Boy" Hutch is still alive and in prison.

Derek Coakley Hutch was only called Del.
    That's what i thought, until i saw DelBoy on a 'in loving memory' card on the photographs in the paper. https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/derek-hutch-funeral-murder-dublin-11945434

baylah17 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/sunset-house-attacker-jailed-for-life-for-murder-of-pub-manager-1.3372430

The individual convicted in the Barr case is named Eamonn Cumberton, who be this Howard?

He was also suspected of attempting to murder Gerry in Lanzarote, when Gerry got away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is Gerry still in Lanzarote?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is Gerry still in Lanzarote?

Not sure Mr. Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not sure Mr. Kinahan.

Tumbled God Damn it! :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/feud-killer-carried-out-sunset-house-execution-to-clear-kinahan-drug-debt-36545492.html
    The convicted gangland killer was also investigated by gardaí over the murders of 'The Monk's' brother Eddie Hutch Snr and Noel 'Kingsize' Duggan, but was never arrested over either killing.

He is believed to be behind them and attempt on Gerry Hutch. He looks 12.

if its open, I'll take a gawk. lock them up and their pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some posts deleted.

Seriously, you are going to post up details on who you think is a suspect and think that's OK?

This is total speculation, and this is the last warning on this. Any more and you will be banned from the thread at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Suckit wrote: »

He is believed to be behind them and attempt on Gerry Hutch. He looks 12.

He looks a lot older in this totally-not-photoshopped image from the Sun.

eamoncumb-e1517256984278.jpg?strip=all&w=361&quality=100

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

<snip> didn't do the killing cos he had a cocaine debt.He was a fitness fanatic and competed in MMA,he also worked in a gym with another one of the K cartel-Ross browning.(all verifiable on the net).
    <snip> was just a sadistic nut case from a young age and did it all for the money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

rondog wrote: »
    <snip> didn't do the killing cos he had a cocaine debt.He was a fitness fanatic and competed in MMA,he also worked in a gym with another one of the K cartel-Ross browning.(all verifiable on the net).
    <snip> was just a sadistic nut case from a young age and did it all for the money.

don't post in the thread again please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Chrongen wrote: »
    Like the McGuire Seven?

I am not talking about internment without trial or diluting the laws around due process, which is what happened in the case of the McGuire Seven and the Guilford Four. I am suggesting that if it can be proven that I, hatrickpatrick, was physically present in a room full of these people when an illegal activity was being planned or carried out, then I should be regarded as a co-conspirator even if they can't prove that I specifically did anything directly. Tear the gang apart by making it illegal to be even part of their support network when they are taking part in illegal activities, thus ensuring that they are made social pariahs and totally abandoned by anyone close to them who is not up for risking jail time by virtue of association.

For instance: If a bunch of these people get convicted, their phones should be forensically examined and if it's discovered that a bunch of them are members of private whatsapp or facebook groups, then anyone else in that group should at the very least now be regarded as somebody under suspicion and subject to court ordered surveillance by the Gardai.

Harsh? Sure! But these are feral scumbags we're talking about here. It is absolutely insane that we have these "feared criminals well known to the Gardai" openly living in Irish society - if you are a "feared criminal well known to the Gardai", you should be in prison. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I am not talking about internment without trial or diluting the laws around due process, which is what happened in the case of the McGuire Seven and the Guilford Four. I am suggesting that if it can be proven that I, hatrickpatrick, was physically present in a room full of these people when an illegal activity was being planned or carried out, then I should be regarded as a co-conspirator even if they can't prove that I specifically did anything directly. Tear the gang apart by making it illegal to be even part of their support network when they are taking part in illegal activities, thus ensuring that they are made social pariahs and totally abandoned by anyone close to them who is not up for risking jail time by virtue of association.

For instance: If a bunch of these people get convicted, their phones should be forensically examined and if it's discovered that a bunch of them are members of private whatsapp or facebook groups, then anyone else in that group should at the very least now be regarded as somebody under suspicion and subject to court ordered surveillance by the Gardai.

Harsh? Sure! But these are feral scumbags we're talking about here. It is absolutely insane that we have these "feared criminals well known to the Gardai" openly living in Irish society - if you are a "feared criminal well known to the Gardai", you should be in prison. End of.
    So basically an Irish RICO Act?

dinorebel wrote: »
    So basically an Irish RICO Act?

I knew the law I was talking about had a name I couldn't remember. Cheers. Something like that is exactly what's needed in Ireland - but as I've said numerous times before, it's all moot unless we somehow force the courts to actually get tough on these people and stop letting them go once they've been convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Spot on, and no it’s not harsh, it’s exactly what’s required, I’m sick and tired of reading stories, kinahan liutenant spotted either clubbing or out at match etc and nobody can do f all about it, it’s like they are untouchable, yet it’s known by the guards that these guys are the ones ordering murders, its time the judiciary grew a pair of balls and gave the guards powers to lift these guys off the street, don’t wait for them to murder another innocent person, do it now but typical Ireland they’ll wait until a child or a guard is murdered then that might just really get them to put the pressure on and go to town on the kinahans as they once did with gilligans mob but that took a journalist to be murdered, this gang are a menace which shouldn’t be ignored by the state, I feel it will take a great tragedy to get them to really put the boot into the Cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

What if their mammy was on a whatsapp group discussing care of their dad? Should 75 year old mammy be under surveillance?? How do you legislate for that?

Odelay wrote: »
    What if their mammy was on a whatsapp group discussing care of their dad? Should 75 year old mammy be under surveillance?? How do you legislate for that?

Simple, you introduce a requirement for there to be multiple targeted individuals in the same group before the rest group as a whole is regarded as a list of suspected gang members.

And to be honest, I see no reason why the immediate families of these serious gangland criminals shouldn't be under some kind of surveillance given that they are a natural support network. Make it so as these people end up becoming completely and entirely socially isolated.

I'm not suggesting anything like this for people smoking a few joints or getting involved in a one-off scrap outside a pub, like. I'm suggesting targeting the friends, family and associates of serial, multiple-offences violent criminals only. The kind of person who is regarded by the media as "a feared criminal well known to the Gardai". Most of these people have actual convictions for violent gangland crime - in my honest opinion, what I'm proposing is a runner-up option anyway, I'd much prefer to see consecutive and no-parole style life sentences for the people convicted of directly or indirectly participating in a gangland murder. From acting as a lookout or getaway driver to actually pulling the trigger. Absolute zero tolerance for murder in this manner.

Maybe people regard that as harsh but I certainly don't. "75 year old mammy" in the case of some of these lads is at least somewhat likely to be withholding information which could be of use to the Gardai in pinning down where exactly all of these people were at the time of the offences committed, whether they met beforehand, and whether any of their alibis are complete bullsh!t.

Again, I am not suggesting that we create a massive net like this just for random petty crime, I'm suggesting it specifically for organised, violent crime where there's known to be an "organisation" or "hierarchy" involved. That's a very specific type of case, and as far as I'm concerned in that type of rare and specific type of case, anyone with a known connection to one of these individuals should expect to be the target of surveillance and intelligence gathering operations.

• Advertisement

Simple, you introduce a requirement for there to be multiple targeted individuals in the same group before the rest group as a whole is regarded as a list of suspected gang members.

And to be honest, I see no reason why the immediate families of these serious gangland criminals shouldn't be under some kind of surveillance given that they are a natural support network. Make it so as these people end up becoming completely and entirely socially isolated.

I'm not suggesting anything like this for people smoking a few joints or getting involved in a one-off scrap outside a pub, like. I'm suggesting targeting the friends, family and associates of serial, multiple-offences violent criminals only. The kind of person who is regarded by the media as "a feared criminal well known to the Gardai". Most of these people have actual convictions for violent gangland crime - in my honest opinion, what I'm proposing is a runner-up option anyway, I'd much prefer to see consecutive and no-parole style life sentences for the people convicted of directly or indirectly participating in a gangland murder. From acting as a lookout or getaway driver to actually pulling the trigger. Absolute zero tolerance for murder in this manner.

Maybe people regard that as harsh but I certainly don't. "75 year old mammy" in the case of some of these lads is at least somewhat likely to be withholding information which could be of use to the Gardai in pinning down where exactly all of these people were at the time of the offences committed, whether they met beforehand, and whether any of their alibis are complete bullsh!t.

Again, I am not suggesting that we create a massive net like this just for random petty crime, I'm suggesting it specifically for organised, violent crime where there's known to be an "organisation" or "hierarchy" involved. That's a very specific type of case, and as far as I'm concerned in that type of rare and specific type of case, anyone with a known connection to one of these individuals should expect to be the target of surveillance and intelligence gathering operations.

I've a friend who's had two immediate family members die in gang murders , herself , her husband and sons have no association with crime whatsoever.Her husband and herself are both employed full-time and her older son in third level education . I can't see any reason to have her under any surveillance.

I've a friend who's had two immediate family members die in gang murders , herself , her husband and sons have no association with crime whatsoever.Her husband and herself are both employed full-time and her older son in third level education . I can't see any reason to have her under any surveillance.

Being a victim of a gang and being in a gang are, in fact, entirely different situations.

EDIT: If her husband or one of her kids was a known gang member (not a victim of gangland crime but a participant, just to be clear) than it'd be a totally different story.

Being a victim of a gang and being in a gang are, in fact, entirely different situations.

EDIT: If her husband or one of her kids was a known gang member (not a victim of gangland crime but a participant, just to be clear) than it'd be a totally different story.

Both the dead were gang members.
    I knew one of them socially, met him regularly at weddings , birthdays etc so by association I should've been under surveillance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Both the dead were gang members.
    I knew one of them socially, met him regularly at weddings , birthdays etc so by association I should've been under surveillance ?

To a certain extent you probably were listed on the pulse system unless they had no reason at all to think you were involved in anything or could be involved in anything. Do you have more than 2 sims? Do you change sim card frequently in 1 phone but the imei stays the same? Do you meet him in 1 to 1 face meets and go for a walk while leaving phones in the car?

If no to all them then you would be ruled out as a person of interest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Omackeral wrote: »
    He looks a lot older in this totally-not-photoshopped image from the Sun.

eamoncumb-e1517256984278.jpg?strip=all&w=361&quality=100

That other photo of him with the baby face is from 2002/2003

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The banality of evil.

http://www.thejournal.ie/hutch-murder-threat-3828358-Feb2018/

"Yesterday, TheJournal.ie reported how specialist units in An Garda Síochána have been authorised to carry out covert surveillance on a number of potential gangland flashpoints this weekend after a ban on overtime was temporarily lifted.

It is understood that tight security will be in place at a boxing event at Citywest on Saturday which will feature five fighters from the formerly Kinahan-linked MTK boxing promotion company.

Armed patrols will be in place around usual hotspots such as, in the north of the city, Sean McDermott Street, Buckingham Street and Summerhill and, in the west, areas like Crumlin and the Liberties."

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2126534/jason-buda-molyneux-who-was-shot-dead-after-returning-from-derek-coakley-hutchs-wake-was-linked-to-five-ruthless-murders/

The weapon used to kill Molyneux — a Swiss made Sphinx handgun rarely used in Ireland — was found in the vehicle.

the gun used and van, bore the hallmark of the kinahans but they are providing other criminal with resources because gardai are everywhere in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Publicly announcing you are going to carry out a covert surveillance operation.....hmmm?

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Publicly announcing you are going to carry out a covert surveillance operation.....hmmm?

i personally think its a great idea, protection of life, yer are all been watched, try to minimize gangland killings.

• Advertisement

Are Am Eye wrote: »

Erm shhhhh will ya , you're fecking up the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement