Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New drummer needed

Options
  • 14-04-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

New drummer needed for blues+ collective. We play in different configurations depending on who's available at the time...Singer, guitarists, harmonica players, flute, synth...re-working blues standards and writing some original material as well...Coronavirus unemployment sent our drummer back to Sardinia, so new blood needed...you'll find some low-fi recordings at

soundcloud.com/user-972155267 -( boards won't let me add a url to the post)

- unclemick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jhump3

Hi,
    I'm interested in this idea, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mikkhu

We're in Dublin...we usually meet for rehearsals in Brian Boru pub or Troubadour Studios, but we're always on the lookout for other spots and as we're spread across the city, we're gonna have a few more options for rehearsal spaces to suit whoever happens to be free

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jhump3

Sugar, I'm down south. If I ever get back to the capitol will give you a shout.
    Nice idea, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Williamcon11

Hello I saw your ad for drummer, I am very intrested currently playing with a band but not gigging enough i am a mature person more than happy to rehearse i have been rehearsing in temple bar studios.
    Would to hear from you
    kind regards
    Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Hi... might be interested in this. I tried your soundcloud link, but not hearing any 'blues standards'....
    What exactly do you play, as in a possible list of a few tunes. Been playing a long time myself, mostly session work at the moment. Pm if you don't want to post here. Thanks...

• Advertisement

Maybe I should have been more clear...I would have thought that Going Down Slow, Me & the Devil, Spoonful etc are blues standards, no?..Granted, we don't play them in the standard way, but that's the whole point. We're trying to re-work these songs. We're not trying to create faithful reproductions of old songs, we're taking this old songs and playing them in a new way, which is why we have a dude who plays synth and flute for example.

Here's a list of what we've been playing recently

Born Under a Bad Sign
    Going Down Slow

I Can't Quit You Baby
    Little Red Rooster
    Spoonful
    Back Door Man

Stormy Monday
    Me and the Devil
    Killing Floor
    The Thrill is Gone

Folsom Prison Blues
    Sweet Home Chicago
    In the Pines
    Driftin Blues
    Back Door Man
    Everyday I Have the Blues...

Hi Billy,

Thanks for getting back to me..I'm not sure when we can get together again to rehearse, but if you would like me to keep ya posted, just send me an email or number and I'll let you know what we're up to.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

mikkhu wrote: »
    Maybe I should have been more clear...I would have thought that Going Down Slow, Me & the Devil, Spoonful etc are blues standards, no?..Granted, we don't play them in the standard way, but that's the whole point. We're trying to re-work these songs. We're not trying to create faithful reproductions of old songs, we're taking this old songs and playing them in a new way, which is why we have a dude who plays synth and flute for example.

Here's a list of what we've been playing recently

Born Under a Bad Sign
    Going Down Slow

I Can't Quit You Baby
    Little Red Rooster
    Spoonful
    Back Door Man

Stormy Monday
    Me and the Devil
    Killing Floor
    The Thrill is Gone

Folsom Prison Blues
    Sweet Home Chicago
    In the Pines
    Driftin Blues
    Back Door Man
    Everyday I Have the Blues...

Very good.... I clicked on the wrong SoundCloud user, so heard the wrong tracks. Would be interested when the 'lockdown' comes to an end.

I'll be in touch when the restrictions are eased a bit

Hello Mick Billy the drummer here from some weeks back, i am still intrested in rehearsel at any time, take care all the best
    billy

• Advertisement

Hi Billy,

We should be organising a rehearsal very soon..I'll be in touch.

Mick

Hi Billy,

Looks like the blues group has kinda fallen apart, you interested in meeting up to play a few tunes and see if we can form the core of a new outfit?

Mick

Hello Mick thank you for the mail i would be very intrested in meeting up at any time will talk,
    to you soon Mick.
    kind regards
    Billy

Hi Billy,

How about an evening next week?

Mick

mick that would be ideal, i will keep in touch over the next few days
    thanks mick

mick where would you like to meet
    regards
    billy

Billy,

Didn't spot your message until now, it was on a new page..as for where to meet, I only have to carry a guitar, and have a car so can travel - and drums are more hassle, so I'm happy to let you decide where to meet...

I'm free Wednesday and Thursday evenings by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 15 derwc84

Hey guys, if you're looking for more musicians, I'm interested too though I don't know many blues standards but willing to learn. Also have a post about some classic rock stuff if you guys are interested in that too.

Hi derwc,

I'm not really into Rock but am always interested in getting more musicians on board...what do you play?

• Advertisement
Advertisement