Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bogus Caller?

• 09-06-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Had an odd experience last night - 2am caller at the door claiming to be expecting and two months gone and wanting a glass of water (!), and also was some distance from home (We're Sandyford, she said she was going to Drumcondra).

She did not sound distressed otherwise. But...this is a quiet suburban estate that has no footfall at this time of night.

Anybody heard of anything like this? Needless to say we politely declined her request, all interaction over intercom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Maybe related to the hose pipe ban ;)

Sounds dodge - I'd have offered to call the Gardai for her and see her response

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Awaaf

There is a woman who stands out in front of cars in the DL/Monkstown area and makes similar claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Had an odd experience last night - 2am caller at the door claiming to be expecting and two months gone and wanting a glass of water (!), and also was some distance from home (We're Sandyford, she said she was going to Drumcondra).

She did not sound distressed otherwise. But...this is a quiet suburban estate that has no footfall at this time of night.

Anybody heard of anything like this? Needless to say we politely declined her request, all interaction over intercom.

Similar happened to me one night. It was late and raining when there was a rap on a downstairs window. I stuck my head out the upstairs and couldn't see anyone but heard a shout in a thick city accent, "Sir, I need a push".

Sounded dodgy as hell. I just said nothing and closed the window. He shouted the same thing a couple of more times and eventually my wife says that I should go down and take a closer look! She recalled one night we were on holidays and had car trouble on a back road in Galway, a stranger stopped and helped to get us going again.

I VERY reluctantly agreed, went down stairs (leaving a hurley just inside the door). As soon as I went outside your man pipes up again, "thanks a million, I really need a push", but I couldn't actually see him. I start to head cautiously towards the gate and next thing he shouts "No, I'm over here on the swing".

Advertisement