Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malta

• 24-05-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi All,

Long time lurker on the site. Been on a few forums about different topics but never boards. I always appreciate everyone has that unique Irish perspective on here that you can't really get anywhere else so decided to finally make an account.

I was approached by a recruiter and did a few interviews with a firm in the same industry I'm currently in at the moment who are located in Malta and after a few skype interviews was subsequently going into the 3rd and final round interview which I'm confident I would have done enough to secure an offer as they all seemed to like me and I had experience in the industry plus had a good knowledge of what I was talking about but the Covid 19 pandemic hit and everything was put on hold.

In some ways it's a blessing in disguise as I was getting ready to fly over but I don't think the reality of it all would have hit me until I got on the plane and I've only really started to ponder it. I've always wanted to live abroad, somewhere that's different to Ireland or the UK, i.e. Sunny, warm, Mediterranean culture and preferably cheaper.

Malta looks like a paradise to me but I've never been and we all know pictures paint a different story to the reality a lot of the time so I'm wondering if anyone has lived/worked there for an extended period of time and what you liked or didn't like about the place, did you regret it.... etc?

Advertisement