Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2020, 21:44   #1561
Ubbquittious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheriff View Post
Getting access on Monday eve, so will have a proper look. Its been quite a while since we viewed.

I assume just check all lights work, plugs etc? Not much else an novice could see, or is there something we should specifically be looking for?

Thanks for the input btw.

Have a look in the attic and see how the wires are done, all neatly packed into conduit or floating around the place with bitteens spliced on here and there. Have a look at the condition of the insulation, if it starting to crack obviously not good
Advertisement
22-05-2020, 21:46   #1562
Ubbquittious

Getting closer now to buying the place. Still a bit of a nuisance with boundary issues and how the estate is split up on the seller's side
22-05-2020, 22:35   #1563
em_cat

We are now nearly 6 mos waiting to complete. It’s really starting to annoy me. The executer took nearly 4 mos to send over initial contracts & notwithstanding covid-19 complications we also needed 2 queries regarding clauses clarified one being a VAT questionnaire that was sent to the executer 3 weeks ago. This is for a vacant site that was on the market for nearly 3 mos before we made a bid. I’ve bought property before but good grief this is painstakingly slow, almost as if no one really gives a toss. Not sure if I should be asking for a reduction now.
22-05-2020, 22:44   #1564
Gavin "shels"

Send a message via MSN to Gavin "shels"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz2016 View Post
Is anyone having any luck getting exemptions ? I have good savings but to get a decent property I would still struggle with 3.5 times my salary. I had a meeting with ptsb today and he said he would send my request off for 4 times my salary as my savings record was good and no financial commitments but I’d probably just be offered the 3.5 times.
We're approved with a exemption, been advised we won't get an extention to our AIP with our exemption as Banks won't be offering them for the rest of the year...
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 06:59   #1565
masterboy123

Any luck on negotiating price?

So we bought a semi D house in a new housing estate, with a price tag of 260k and signed contracts. The construction was put on hold due to Covid-19, but it is going quick now.

Is it possible to negotiate the price now? According to the contract the house is supposed to be ready July and if its not, do we get any compensation?

The 5% from HTB scheme has been paid to the builder on the above price.

We haven't withdrawn funds from our approved mortgage.

Thanks

Last edited by masterboy123; Yesterday at 07:04.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 07:05   #1566
dancinpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
So we bought a semi D house in a new housing estate, with a price tag of 260k and signed contracts. The construction was put on hold due to Covid-19, but it is going quick now.

Is it possible to negotiate the price now? According to the contract the house is supposed to be ready July and if its not, do we get any compensation?

The 5% from HTB scheme has been paid to the builder on the above price.

We haven't withdrawn funds from our approved mortgage.

Thanks
If the contracts are already signed, then you have your answer.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 07:21   #1567
masterboy123

Ok, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinpants View Post
If the contracts are already signed, then you have your answer.
Yesterday, 12:18   #1568
Techn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
Ok, thank you.
While you may not have any luck negotiating price, you can always speak to your builder and negotiate on the fit out / finish. If there's additional costs included such as kitchen or other fittings you could always try and negotiate those.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 13:05   #1569
Tilikum17

Today was the last day we could draw down the mortgage (after the months extension) Just got a text saying the mortgage has just been sent through.

Moving in tomorrow. The most stressful two weeks of my life. Genuinely, all I’ve been thinking about is the poor people that have been refused because of the covid payment. Especially those have lost deposits. I really hope the government will do something for them.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:17   #1570
MattS1

How could anyone lose deposits?
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 13:21   #1571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin "shels" View Post
We're approved with a exemption, been advised we won't get an extention to our AIP with our exemption as Banks won't be offering them for the rest of the year...

yea they are pulled for the rest of the year with all lenders and i imagine it would be hard to get even approved ones over the line as i heard of 2 people having them pulled between AIP and completion. But obviously its a case by case basis,
Yesterday, 13:25   #1572
Claw Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS1 View Post
How could anyone lose deposits?
If they sign an unconditional contract and can't complete, the deposit is forfeit.
Yesterday, 14:08   #1573
Mon1239

Hey all, we're 'in the process' of buying at the moment and considering a couple of houses but we do have a preferred house. It's in a commuter belt area and the builder had put the price of this phase up substantially (this row is due for completion end of year).

I'm wondering has anyone put a reduced offer in on a new build and had any luck with it yet?

Target addressable market for the developers is going down day by day as the banks tighten up and the number of people able to take out a mortgage goes down further and further.

If I myself was a builder, I'd be taking any 'decent' offers that come in and locking them down to secure the sale.
Yesterday, 15:41   #1574
Pivot Eoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum17 View Post
Today was the last day we could draw down the mortgage (after the months extension) Just got a text saying the mortgage has just been sent through.

Moving in tomorrow. The most stressful two weeks of my life. Genuinely, all I’ve been thinking about is the poor people that have been refused because of the covid payment. Especially those have lost deposits. I really hope the government will do something for them.
Congrats mate. Glad it all worked out
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 16:08   #1575
coughdrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum17 View Post

Best of luck with the move. Exciting times for you.

We're still in a bit of Covid payment limbo (but got our deposit back - thank god!) and we're hoping that we can get sorted out with a different lender soon.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion