Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-01-2019, 10:29   #16
GingerLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizer101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerLily View Post
If you go in there and annoy them when they have a queue of people behind you they may decide your not worth the hassle.
This could be true

Builder: Next please, Whats your name, what house are you interested in and have you got deposit.
lililanny: Hi my name is lililanny, I was just wonder on the asking price is there any room for negotiat..
Builder: NEXT

Its not to say there is no chance of it, but given the market at the moment I'd say its not likely. See on the morning based on the queue and that, if big queue I wouldn't bother.
Or they can be more subtle "thank you for query, we'll get back to you in 7 days on that", and sure if they're all sold by then there's nothing to left to buy!
Advertisement
12-01-2019, 15:48   #17
Sunrise_Sunset

I wouldn't leave the queue waiting on a reply. If that were the case, I'd go back in at asking price there and then.
I didn't think there'd be a chance of it, just wondered based on prices I saw on the PPR.
12-01-2019, 15:54   #18
Sunrise_Sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmocab View Post
As others have said beyond the actual different house types the variances are more likely to have been peoples particular extras, electrical, paint, skirts and frames, doors, kitchens finish, attic conversions, flooring even the garden are all things some people might have got done by the builder, could be anywhere from a couple of hundred up to 15,000 difference easy enough.
Thank you. That makes more sense. Hadn't thought of it.
(3) thanks from:
12-01-2019, 15:58   #19
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililanny View Post
Thank you. That makes more sense. Hadn't thought of it.
I suppose what your asking is why the difference in prices.

Its very simple different size gardens , different orientations . Closer to or further away from estate entrances all these things impact the initial on the day book value of the houses. Not the finishes as pointed out earlier. Mostly finishes are take it or leave it with little room to negotiate sockets or anything else.

Its generally placement in the estate and your orientation.

And no you won't get any discounts.
12-01-2019, 16:01   #20
salmocab

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
I suppose what your asking is why the difference in prices.

Its very simple different size gardens , different orientations . Closer to or further away from estate entrances all these things impact the initial on the day book value of the houses. Not the finishes as pointed out earlier. Mostly finishes are take it or leave it with little room to negotiate sockets or anything else.

Its generally placement in the estate and your orientation.

And no you won't get any discounts.
Plenty of people pay the builder extra for extra work, not negotiating on getting extras for cheap but paying a premium to have finishes done before moving in.
Advertisement
12-01-2019, 16:11   #21
Klonker

No chance OP
12-01-2019, 16:13   #22
PukkaStukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecosmos View Post
I'd say depends on the development. I live near an area where there are multiple developments that have not sold out. Clontarf/malahide/portmarnock area. Granted the prices are pretty steep starting from about 500k.

One of them has houses on the market still after one year from launch.
I live in Donabate and there are a number of developments that are not selling here either. The market has maxed out on affordability, and a lot of new builds are high-densityish, no gas supply, no fireplace and electric everything which isn't to everyones tastes. I'm hearing privately that some developers are concerned what way things will go in the market this year, especially with the uncertainty with Brexit.

OP, if you're planning on haggling then go for it. The worst you can be told is no.
(2) thanks from:
12-01-2019, 18:38   #23
The_Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkaStukka View Post
I live in Donabate and there are a number of developments that are not selling here either. .
West Dublin and North Kildare are exactly the same.
There is saturation at current price points- affordability is putting a brake on proceedings. Absolutely see what you can get thrown into the price- some extra work now- when its easy to do- could be worth its weight in gold later.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained- re: trying to negotiate- worse case scenario- they say no- but in the current market- if stuff isn't shifting- and increasingly, it isn't- its swinging back towards a buyer's market again..........
Thanks from:
12-01-2019, 20:12   #24
PukkaStukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
West Dublin and North Kildare are exactly the same.
There is saturation at current price points- affordability is putting a brake on proceedings.
Not only that, but commuting from those areas has become insufferable. Trains at capacity, main roads congested, M50 and interfacing main routes are usually at a standstill. A shortage of schools and affordable childcare. Then on top of that, government policy re the property market is IMO very questionable with initiatives that have increased prices in recent years, presumably to remove some from negative equity and also placate developer needs for what they consider a reasonable return.

At the same time, changes to planning guidelines have seen massively increased densities in locations close to rail, and a relaxing of future height restrictions. I believe this is fundamentally bad because all it does is propogate the sprawl further and further without any commensurate improvements in infrastructure and services. I really do wonder did they learn anything at all from the carnage of a decade ago. Sadly I think not much.

I'm so glad I'm not starting out again like the current first time buyers.

Last edited by PukkaStukka; 12-01-2019 at 20:17.
Advertisement
13-01-2019, 14:45   #25
kala85

Does the price of a new build on the property price register include or exclude the help to buy scheme contribution?

Also why is the price on the register put down as excluding VAT for the new builds?
13-01-2019, 15:16   #26
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
They will 100% tell you no on the day of the launch. You'll be shown a map of available properties, you pick one and they will tell you the price.

They would sooner not sell the property on launch day than give it to you for a reduced offer.

If it still hasn't sold a few weeks later they might entertain it, but then you have to take the risk of it being bought by someone else instead and you ending up with nothing.
13-01-2019, 15:18   #27
GingerLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala85 View Post
Does the price of a new build on the property price register include or exclude the help to buy scheme contribution?

Also why is the price on the register put down as excluding VAT for the new builds?
Using that help to buy scheme doesn't reduce the price of the house, it just reduces the cost to the buyer from their tax rebate.
Its excluding VAT so multiple by 1.135 to get the purchase price.
Thanks from:
13-01-2019, 18:42   #28
kala85

Quote:
Using that help to buy scheme doesn't reduce the price of the house, it just reduces the cost to the buyer from their tax rebate.
So in the case of a first time buyer, the full sale price excluding the vat element will be on the register then. Is that correct?
13-01-2019, 18:46   #29
Victor

Note that houses that are nominally the same in the brochure can actually vary, e.g. end of terrace houses may have a wider site, extra windows, etc. It will often also be in higher demand compared to mid-terrace.

Quote:
So in the case of a first time buyer, the full sale price excluding the vat element will be on the register then. Is that correct?
The buyer status is irrelevant to the VAT rate. It is whether the property has been sold before or not (but there are nuances).
13-01-2019, 18:46   #30
GingerLily

Quote:
Quote:
Yes
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion