Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

29-10-2018, 21:47   #46
blindside88

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaufoy View Post
Strange how people will clean their own car to save 50 euro
Install their own new tv to save 50 euro
Clean their own upstairs windows to save 20 euro

However are willing to pay a few thousand euro to someone for doing a much lower skilled job like selling a house
Do you really believe that selling a house is a lower skilled job than washing windows????

Would you be willing to give a €5k booking deposit to a home owner?

Personally I would think that anyone not willing to pay an estate agent will have skimped in other things in the house (first impressions matter hugely when buying anything especially a house)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-10-2018, 07:14   #47
beaufoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside88 View Post
Do you really believe that selling a house is a lower skilled job than washing windows????

Would you be willing to give a €5k booking deposit to a home owner?

Personally I would think that anyone not willing to pay an estate agent will have skimped in other things in the house (first impressions matter hugely when buying anything especially a house)

I consider there is a certain amount of skill to stay alive and uninjured if you are 15-30 feet in the air on an unsecured ladder

There are escrow accounts for the deposit
30-10-2018, 09:32   #48
FixdePitchmark

After getting an estate agent - and not having much time during a house move.

I couldn't fault it

20 viewing in 3 weeks and 6 offers - an offer after 1 week.
02-11-2018, 00:32   #49
Mariomaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixdePitchmark View Post
After getting an estate agent - and not having much time during a house move.

I couldn't fault it

20 viewing in 3 weeks and 6 offers - an offer after 1 week.
Out of interest what estate agent did you use and did you get the price you were looking for?
02-11-2018, 08:34   #50
bri007

Stay clear of fl#nn estate agents. Have been trying to purchase properofrom the the last 6 months, friend of a friend was interested in same house we were bidding on turned out they were telling a different story to each person that viewed it.

We recently found out the house went less than we bid on it, as we know who bought it in the end..... strange!
Advertisement
02-11-2018, 09:08   #51
beaufoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomaker View Post
Out of interest what estate agent did you use and did you get the price you were looking for?

The last estate agent we used for selling was in england...we left the house empty and told the agent that every time she took someone to view the house she should pick up the mail and forward it to our thailand address. She failed to do as requested but she did deposit the cheque given to her for doing said task...no we did not get the correct price...it was sold to a property speculator/maybe friend of agent
02-11-2018, 09:34   #52
FixdePitchmark

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomaker View Post

The last estate agent we used for selling was in england...we left the house empty and told the agent that every time she took someone to view the house she should pick up the mail and forward it to our thailand address. She failed to do as requested but she did deposit the cheque given to her for doing said task...no we did not get the correct price...it was sold to a property speculator/maybe friend of agent
Was that not a bit demanding .

I wouldn't fancy managing a sale from Thailand .

You need to take ownership of process too.
02-11-2018, 11:00   #53
Interested Observer

Quote:
Why should an estate agent forward your mail to you?
02-11-2018, 17:09   #54
beaufoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
Why should an estate agent forward your mail to you?

why not
Advertisement
16-04-2019, 13:01   #55
Vicks28

Anyone know Ray Cooke selling percentage fee and out lay? Would you recommend them?
16-04-2019, 14:35   #56
voluntary

I'd give <snip> online EA a go. All offers transparent, there's no way offers do not get passed to seller. Seller has a peace of mind and buyer has a peace of mind.
Traditional EAs have a long road to improve. Nobody really likes to deal with them. They run the market as there were no alternatives until very recently.

Last edited by Graham; 16-04-2019 at 16:39. Reason: Recommendations by PM please
Thanks from:
16-04-2019, 14:44   #57
machalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluntary View Post
I'd give <snip> online EA a go. All offers transparent, there's no way offers do not get passed to seller. Seller has a peace of mind and buyer has a peace of mind.
Traditional EAs have a long road to improve. Nobody really likes to deal with them. They run the market as there were no alternatives until very recently.
Did you sell a house through their service? What was the experience like?

Last edited by Graham; 16-04-2019 at 16:39.
16-04-2019, 14:49   #58
voluntary

Quote:
Originally Posted by machalla View Post
Did you sell a house through their service? What was the experience like?
No, I did not. Can't say much. Just read through their website. They act nearly like regular EAs, but are cheaper and more transparent.
There's quite a lot of adds on myhome posted by them.

Buyers put offers and sellers get immediate notifications. Seems quite all right and transparent. You still get the separation layer between you and the buyer as with a traditional EA. The agent deals with buyers and not yourself.
16-04-2019, 15:32   #59

We sold our last house without an estate agent. Mainly because we couldn't afford to pay their fees. The people whose house we bought also sold their house to us without an estate agent. Our solicitors sorted everything out for us. If we were selling again I still wouldn't use an estate agent.
16-04-2019, 19:01   #60
jimwallace197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybaby1 View Post
We sold our last house without an estate agent. Mainly because we couldn't afford to pay their fees. The people whose house we bought also sold their house to us without an estate agent. Our solicitors sorted everything out for us. If we were selling again I still wouldn't use an estate agent.
You couldnt afford to pay their fees but probably ended up getting a lot less for your property than you could have if used one.
Thread Closed