Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-05-2020, 11:55   #46
Cyrus

congrats, i dont live too far away and i cant think of a better area to be in being honest.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 15:52   #47
Caquas

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekington View Post
In the end we bought here and after 18 months in I must say it was the best decision we ever made. The house are superb - the finish and support Cairn give with aftercare is second to none. Had some a number of contractors in doing jobs for me and they all commented on the construction quality being among the best they have seen.

The estate is well maintained and the location is fantastic - 10mins walk to the beach or the Dart and easy access to Ballybrack village. Plus 5mins drive to Dalkey or 14mins if you Dart it gives you so many options. Easy access to the M50 too (<5mins) plus Luas is 21min walk are great - curious to see what impact Cherrywood will have on traffic in the area though. However, it will also be walking distance (20mins).

Pricing is obviously off and hence this has impacted them moving - but in the past 3 months most of the 4 beds are now sale agreed - I think there are 2 left. The 5 beds are larger but the layout downstairs isn't ideal as not as open plan and aligned with the price is causing them pain in shifting them.

Either way, while we likely overpaid I don't care - its maybe 10% more than they should be but I don't envision selling for a long time so I don't mind!
Congratulations on your decision and also on your sensible attitude.

Above all, you are right not to sweat the 10%. The media has pushed so much nonsense about negative equity that people lose sight of reality i.e. if you're happy where you bought, it is just a hypothetical concept. No one knows that will happen the market in the coming years. I laugh at projections like the ESRI estimating a 12% fall. https://www.rte.ie/news/business/202...-house-prices/

We could see a 60% drop (as we had 2008-2012) or a 300% rise (as we had 1996 - 2007), especially if the ECB keeps pumping money into the economy but construction is strangled by social distancing. Either way, you can smile serenely as you enjoy the benefits of your new home.
Yesterday, 00:41   #48
ted1

Congratulations I’m just around the corner by Seafield. It’s a great area and we’ve been blessed to live here during lockdown my kids are swimming in the sea and cycling around the area every day.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion